NBC Sports Edge Forums

CeeDee Lamb 2020 Outlook

Andy Dalton isn't anything special but he's probably still starter QB material when he's not playing for a dogshit Bengals team and we know he has no problem throwing the ball downfield as we saw today with Gallup. I think Cee Dee is going to be fine as he creates separation pretty easily.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That tickles

It's right there in front of you, man. Teedee Lamb.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

He may well be the best WR on that team, which is crazy.

He's no Amari in real life just yet but he sure is benefitting from playing with Cooper/Gallup. Half of his routes he's running wide open across the middle of the field. There's nothing you can do about it. You can't commit two guys to him. It'll be interesting to see how it goes with Dalton. I kind of expect him to be the best now for fantasy. They design so many short area plays for him. Most of what they call for him is simple, he just executes it well. Considering the simplicity I'd assume Dalton will look there frequently.

Edited by Benjamin1984
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

He may well be the best WR on that team, which is crazy.

Nah, Lamb is gd but that’s a lil extreme, he’s benefiting from getting covered by the 3rd and 4th corner on the team. Big difference than what Coop and Gallup are seeing.

• Like 1

Dalton can sling it, albeit not as well as Dak but thankfully this isn't a death wish to Lamb's fantasy outlook. I think his overall production will be more unpredictable week to week though. He's probably going to have a couple stinkers eventually, whereas with Dak I felt like 5 catches for 80 yards was basically a lock every week.

3 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

I completely disagree, his role as a high-volume slot receiver will not change.

What will change is the Cowboys pace of play. I think they were basically running the most plays in the league, or close to there. 

Slower pace means less targets to go around and Lamb was making his fantasy money due to target volume and yardage outside of the 2 TD game. 

We don't know how Dalton will run it though. So who knows. 

There will likely be less targets to share though. 

Edited by LongBalls
3 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

What will change is the Cowboys pace of play. I think they were basically running the most plays in the league, or close to there. 

Slower pace means less targets to go around and Lamb was making his fantasy money due to target volume and yardage outside of the 2 TD game. 

It is possible they will lean more on Zeke, but at the same time I think Dalton is capable of running the offense Dak was running without missing a beat.  Dalton is not a rookie or a project thrown into the fire, he is an experienced vet.  In hindsight very astute signing by the Cowboys.

4 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

if Dallas had their choice, they absolutely would want to slow the pace and control the clock with Zeke.  That approach is the same one they  ideally would want to have, even with Dak under center.  Then enter the 2020 dallas cowboys defense.  THE worst defense in the league potentially, and by far one of the worst i've witnessed that i can recall as a long time fan.  This Dallas team will need to continue to throw and throw a lot bc this defense bleeds points and they give em up in chunks.  It could level off to some degree, but it sure won't starting Monday night vs AZ.   What Dallas wants to do and what they will actually have to do are two different things.  Im not betting on this defense improving enough for Dallas' offense to slow the pace. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

if Dallas had their choice, they absolutely would want to slow the pace and control the clock with Zeke.  That approach is the same one they  ideally would want to have, even with Dak under center.  Then enter the 2020 dallas cowboys defense.  THE worst defense in the league potentially, and by far one of the worst i've witnessed that i can recall as a long time fan.  This Dallas team will need to continue to throw and throw a lot bc this defense bleeds points and they give em up in chunks.  It could level off to some degree, but it sure won't starting Monday night vs AZ.   What Dallas wants to do and what they will actually have to do are two different things.  Im not betting on this defense improving enough for Dallas' offense to slow the pace. 

Super good points as they'll likely continue to be in relatively high scoring games. I didn't see them maintaining that pace with Dak anyway, but I'm sure they will try to lean on Zeke now when possible.

If Lamb keeps getting 6+ targets he will be a fantasy asset in all likelihood just based on role and talent. 

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1

I believe Cowboys will slow things down and feed Zeke now to limit Daltons mistakes unless they are behind a ton, he can be a turnover machine at times and he usually does them in bunches. I’ve seen it 1st hand as a Steelers fan over the yrs, things could get ugly real quick especially with that defense they have. The Red Rider has gotten benched many of times during games for poor play and decisions. I think it’s in the best interest for Cowboys to lean more on Zeke instead of letting Dalton sling it all over the place like Dak was doing. Lamb is legit but I’d expect a drop in #’s for sure.

Edited by Tomei7
1 hour ago, Tomei7 said:

I believe Cowboys will slow things down and feed Zeke now to limit Daltons mistakes unless they are behind a ton, he can be a turnover machine at times and he usually does them in bunches. I’ve seen it 1st hand as a Steelers fan over the yrs, things could get ugly real quick especially with that defense they have. The Red Rider has gotten benched many of times during games for poor play and decisions. I think it’s in the best interest for Cowboys to lean more on Zeke instead of letting Dalton sling it all over the place like Dak was doing. Lamb is legit but I’d expect a drop in #’s for sure.

with their defense no way they can afford to slow things down and play ball control but there’s always a chance.  

46 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

with their defense no way they can afford to slow things down and play ball control but there’s always a chance.  

I think that will be their agenda going into games now that Dak is done, where as when Dak was available they would have still slung it around regardless just to keep Zeke fresh for the long season. Will that come to fruition maybe not but we will see.

2 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

I think that will be their agenda going into games now that Dak is done, where as when Dak was available they would have still slung it around regardless just to keep Zeke fresh for the long season. Will that come to fruition maybe not but we will see.

100% that is the agenda. They are going to slow it wayyyy down. Whether or not it will work is anyone's guess. Even if they have to throw a lot the tempo is coming down quite a bit but CeeDee should be fine I would think. He's getting force-fed touches in a variety of ways and that will not change. He's now has the safest weekly floor almost certainly just by the nature of the way they have been using him and the likely overall volume drop. That's insane because Amari Cooper entered the week #1 in fantasy points in full point PPR. 

Why is there not more conversation on this guy? Currently WR10 in overall points, high floor with no less than 5 catches/59 yards in any game this year, and just saw 10 targets last night in a dumpster fire game. This guy isn’t going away even with Dalton at the helm. Outscoring Tyreek, OBJ, Woods, Lockett so far this year. This guy is the real deal. 

10 minutes ago, MOPAR_man said:

Maybe it’s me but he didn’t have a single point in the first half, did he?  I’m not so sure he’s a set and forget. That offense was a dumpster fire yesterday. 

that first half included two zeke fumbles and long Cardinals drives.  I think it's an anomaly.  

15 minutes ago, MOPAR_man said:

Maybe it’s me but he didn’t have a single point in the first half, did he?  I’m not so sure he’s a set and forget. That offense was a dumpster fire yesterday. 

He did not have a single target (in 1st H).

But yeah, I still think he is an every week WR2 with upside.

Edited by ST. STEVEN