NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ke'Shawn Vaughn 2020 Outlook

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You actually play in leagues where you can drop guys on your bench after they have already played?! That's whack

Arians did identify Vaughn as having a 3-down skill set, but when asked whether he was looking for & found David Johnson, he quickly stated that Vaughn is not that player. Already noted & Aria

😒 Another Thursday hype bust?

Posted Images

I am not starting him, but you guys think there is a chance he gets more work than Jones tonight given Arians' hatred towards Jones? It looks like Brady like KV and the organization sees him as James White 2.0.

Edited by mrfrood
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

I am not starting him, but you guys think there is a chance he gets more work than Jones tonight given Arians' hatred towards Jones? It looks like Brady like KV and the organization sees him as James White 2.0.

curious as well

5 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

The only thing Arians might hate close to as much as Jones is rookie RBs not named David Johnson, and even he didn't get the role until every other starting RB got injured.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This might be his best game tonight. But realize the most likely scenario is he steals the passing down work/2 min snaps and that's his ceiling. He could provide value off of that sure, but he probably won't eclipse that role. 

TLDR: He can be James White in the ideal world

9 minutes ago, sSektor said:

The only thing Arians might hate close to as much as Jones is rookie RBs not named David Johnson, and even he didn't get the role until every other starting RB got injured.

He does hate rookies!!! That's right!! Well maybe with Brady's pull that might help.

9 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

This might be his best game tonight. But realize the most likely scenario is he steals the passing down work/2 min snaps and that's his ceiling. He could provide value off of that sure, but he probably won't eclipse that role. 

Yep- most likely.   Tonight the Bucs are missing important pass catchers.   Everyone is beat up on that offense and Arians isn’t in a position to bench rbs.  Vaughn is going to play a lot and in key passing situations.  Nice flex option. 

Next week this could all change.  

Edited by Impreza178
12 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

TLDR: The most likely scenario is he reaches his ceiling.

spacer.png

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Highly unlikely. I'm not saying he wouldn't be worth a speculative add, but I'd be shocked if Jones didn't get the bulk of the workload tonight. 

• Like 1

Arians is an effing Ahole and will continue to trot out his guys, especially if the media suggests or asks about someone else getting more playing time. It's like he enjoys defying people out of spite until he has absolutely no other choice. It couldn't hurt to add him in case, especially if you can cut benchies after they play, but I can't see him cutting too much into rojo unless he dies. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, acn1315 said:

Man, I want to get on board, but these Thursday night hype trains never seem to pan out (see Shenault, Laviska). 

Yes but there are only 2 active RBs, at worst Jones gets 70% Vaughn 30%, they have no other choice.

What if Jones fumbles?

Edited by esoomer
  • Like 1

This week will probably be his best chance to put up points all season, assuming Fournette is back next week and no future injuries. Still don't trust him enough to pull the trigger even in a 16 teamer when there's somewhat safer options. If you have no safe alternatives then I can see putting him in.

1 hour ago, Silent-Trader said:

I'm firing him up tonight. My RBs have been decimated. 

I'm in the same boat. I'm juggling between Vaughn or Hines as my RB2 this week. Logically Vaughn should have a bigger workload with all the injuries and ROJO's less than stellar pass catching performances. Gonna come down to GTD.

56 minutes ago, Wyzzil said:

Arians is an effing Ahole and will continue to trot out his guys, especially if the media suggests or asks about someone else getting more playing time. It's like he enjoys defying people out of spite until he has absolutely no other choice. It couldn't hurt to add him in case, especially if you can cut benchies after they play, but I can't see him cutting too much into rojo unless he dies. 

his guy is technically Vaughn though, he wasn't around when they drafted Rojo

• Like 1

I think Vaughn has a chance to catch 3-5 balls and get 5-8 carries tonight even on a normal game script.  This thread has nicely covered a lot of possible outcomes and I think the analysis has been very good.  

But let me toss out one possible situation that I haven't seen discussed yet.  The Bears are 3.5 point home dogs and while their defense is good, let's face it, if they fall behind 10-0 or 14-0 on some freakish event like a Pick Six or something the game is basically over.  This offense isn't going to chase down Brady and Co.  So let's say in the late 3rd quarter Tampa leads 20-3.  Now it's "Ego Time" for Arians.  He could keep running Jones, mixing in some Vaughn.  But the game is in hand regardless, so why not "send Jones a message" and bury him while "showing everyone how smart he is" by giving Vaughn all the clock-killing work?  Would anyone be surprised if Bruce Arians decided to do something like this?  And, if he does, Vaughn could end up with 15-20 carries.  

• Thanks 1

Arians dropped a 3rd round pick on this guy. That's more value than he paid to get Fournette. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but a third round pick could have been used on a lot of other areas. Additionally I think Ronald Jones is the DEFINITION of JAG. Even his face on the fantasy app makes him look soft. I'm firing up Vaughn over J.Kelly and Tee Higgins for what it's worth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1