NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ke'Shawn Vaughn 2020 Outlook

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You actually play in leagues where you can drop guys on your bench after they have already played?! That's whack

Arians did identify Vaughn as having a 3-down skill set, but when asked whether he was looking for & found David Johnson, he quickly stated that Vaughn is not that player. Already noted & Aria

😒 Another Thursday hype bust?

Posted Images

If you replayed this game 100 times tonight's result would be the worst out of all of them. Hard to believe Vaughn played so many snaps yet touched the ball twice, fumbling one of them. Bad play on my part, terrible performance and god awful luck. 

• Like 1

Oddly enough, he actually had the role expected, he just didn't get touches because Brady was eating sacks or throwing near INTs instead of checking it down. Hell, he was even in on the last drive even after the fumble. Just didn't work out.

Yes, he's a drop in redraft, obviously. 

• Like 4

The New England refs were not present on the field to throw a flag against the Bears and keep the drive alive.

As for Vaughn it is not looking good.  If Fournette and McCoy heal up and return soon, Vaughn will return to 4th string status.

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The New England refs were not present on the field to throw a flag against the Bears and keep the drive alive.

As for Vaughn it is not looking good.  If Fournette and McCoy heal up and return soon, Vaughn will return to 4th string status.

vaughns a drop but hopefully they continue to give him snaps over McCoy. McCoy is cooked

1 minute ago, StevieStats said:

They should have outlined him in chalk on the field after that hit.

RIP in peace.

Glad he’s ok.    Fuller took him to the cleaners.     Thought Vaughn would get something going but Rojo was phenomenal 

5 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Negative points. Ouch. Glad I decided to leave him on the bench.

So, what do we think of his chances to earn more PT as the season plays out? I watch him in pass pro and he looked competent. 

Could be ok...could be minor although unless injury happens. Not sure they trust him completely yet with the slow start.

I said this in the game thread though...RIP hype train 10-8-2020 to 10-8-2020 lol

• Haha 2
  • 2 months later...

Jones's surgery could open up something here.  This is a deep cut but come down the rabbit hole with me for a moment.

Tampa is 8-5.  They haven't clinched a wild card spot yet but they are close.  They have a two-game cushion over a bunch of bad 6-7 teams for that playoff spot.  They also have essentially no shot at winning the division.  They are two back of the Saints with three games to go and lose the tiebreaker, meaning they can only win the division if they win out and New Orleans loses out.  That's probably too far fetched a scenario for a team to think about.  What I'm saying is that, while these games matter to Tampa, none are "do or die" and realistically who they play at RB is not going to have much of a likely effect on their playoff spot.  Furthermore, they are playing three "cupcake" matchups from here on out: Falcons twice and Detroit.  

Given the above, why not see what you have here in Vaughn?

Rotoworld is speculating that Fournette and McCoy will form a committee this week.  Will they really?  Here are how many snaps McCoy has played post-Week 3 in games in which Fournette was healthy: four.  Four snaps in a couple of months.  He has played when Fournette has been inactive.  But will McCoy be used if Fournette is active?  Doubtful.  Let's face it, McCoy is probably washed at this point in his career.  Remember last season when he was being "healthy scratched" to "keep him fresh" by Kansas City?  He's even older now.

I think what we're going to see here is Fournette and Vaughn.  Now, we have no idea what Vaughn can do.  He's played even less than McCoy this season and had only three games with any meaningful role.  Still, this Tampa regime used a mid-third round pick on the guy and he's reputed to be a good pass catcher.  Perhaps Tampa decides to give him a substantial role in the coming weeks, in dream matchups...