NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ke'Shawn Vaughn 2020 Outlook

20 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

because the alternative is that both guys are not really viable every week options in fantasy leagues.

Is it though?

3y7tch.gif

Look, I'm not going to claim he's the gods gift to the receiving game, but he can catch a screen, he had 28/270/1 last year, and rushing wise he scored 2 TDs against LSU.

6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

it’s Jones’ show folks.

I think it will be entirely the Brady show. If Vaughn can pass protect and catch a bit, he'll be the guy. If he isn't, he won't see the field much.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You actually play in leagues where you can drop guys on your bench after they have already played?! That's whack

Arians did identify Vaughn as having a 3-down skill set, but when asked whether he was looking for & found David Johnson, he quickly stated that Vaughn is not that player. Already noted & Aria

😒 Another Thursday hype bust?

Posted Images

if they planned on going a different way-  would have taken a true 3 down back.  Dobbins and Akers were sitting there for the taking.   Waiting and taking a small back with limited skill set and explosiveness is a clear indication (to me) that they want a role filled. Dare gave them next to nothing and couldn’t get the job done in pass pro.   Vaughn..with a good camp and preseason could slip real nicely into that COP role.    But don’t get it twisted..Jones will lead in touches by a good margin.   Brady needs more than just a one dimensional dump off offense.   

• Like 1

I am expecting another RB to come in to the fold here at some point.  I think they'd have the weakest depth chart in the league if they went to camp with this group.  They have some cap issues right now but maybe we see a one year stopgap like Hyde signed later on.   

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Evincar said:

IDK about bellcow but I think Vaughn will be the RB worth owning in this offense.

No absolutely not. Please don’t post anything from idiots like this again. I just doubled back and watched his tape again. There is no chance Vaughn is an NFL starting level RB. No chance 

I just watched an interview with him and I also would not be surprised if Vaughn were illiterate or close to it. Yikes

Edited by LostAtSea
1 hour ago, LostAtSea said:

No absolutely not. Please don’t post anything from idiots like this again. I just doubled back and watched his tape again. There is no chance Vaughn is an NFL starting level RB. No chance 

I just watched an interview with him and I also would not be surprised if Vaughn were illiterate or close to it. Yikes

Have to chime in - Barfield is one of the best in the biz.  He’s very far from an idiot.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Have to chime in - Barfield is one of the best in the biz.  He’s very far from an idiot.

I just checked out a few posts from him. The guy is absolutely useless and has posted some HORRIBLE hot takes just in the last few days. I would strongly recommend not reading that kind of BS anymore unless it’s just for your entertainment. 

Edited by LostAtSea
10 minutes ago, LostAtSea said:

I just checked out a few posts from him. The guy is absolutely useless and has posted some HORRIBLE hot takes just in the last few days. I would strongly recommend not reading that kind of BS anymore unless it’s just for your entertainment. 

I find sufficient entertainment right here on this forum, I'd have to say.

I had just read his Twitter feed, and I found him decent enough, certainly a lot more restrained than is usual for such experts. Give a couple examples of such horrible hot takes?

He is straight up cherry picking stats to majorly pump up Vaughn over RoJo specifically, based on whatever his own agenda is. Multiple times in the last 2 days. My response might sound harsh but I just got referred Vaughn’s “best tape” by another guy and that was v Arkansas. This is what I found:

I’m sorry to those defending this Barfield guy, but he is imo lying to you straight up using cherry picked stats. 

More terrible tape. This guy is not a good blocker on tape despite the lying twitter warriors. Imo Vaughn isn’t an NFL starting level RB, or even close to it. 

I recommend watching the tape and staying off Twitter, never paying for bullshit analysis from predatory liars.

1 minute ago, LostAtSea said:

I’m sorry to those defending this Barfield guy, but he is imo lying to you straight up using cherry picked stats. 

More terrible tape. This guy is not a good blocker on tape despite the lying twitter warriors. Imo Vaughn isn’t an NFL starting level RB, or even close to it. 

I recommend watching the tape and staying off Twitter, never paying for bullshit analysis from predatory liars.

I dont buy PFF subscriptions etc so I usually rely on Barfield or other guys for advanced stats and other info. At the end of the day I can make my own conclusions and decisions in fantasy.

2 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I dont buy PFF subscriptions etc so I usually rely on Barfield or other guys for advanced stats and other info. At the end of the day I can make my own conclusions and decisions in fantasy.

Yeah but man posting his nonsense lies here isn’t cool.

Just now, Evincar said:

Than just ignore it. I dont see how he's lying about the snap count.

He’s pushing a certain narrative by cherry picking stats. That narrative is CLEARLY false. Please don’t spread the bullish all over the place for others to wade through

11 minutes ago, LostAtSea said:

Yeah but man posting his nonsense lies here isn’t cool.

You must be new on this forum.

Seriously though. Don't get upset about a Twittererder. Or about a Rotoforumer. You have a point about Vaughn, but you undermine it by focusing on one guy.

The full truth is that RoJo hasn't been the answer either, not to Fantasy owners and certainly not to Arians either. There is definitely room for a new kid.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

You must be new on this forum.

Seriously though. Don't get upset about a Twittererder. Or about a Rotoforumer. You have a point about Vaughn, but you undermine it by focusing on one guy.

The full truth is that RoJo hasn't been the answer either, not to Fantasy owners and certainly not to Arians either. There is definitely room for a new kid.

I’m not upset. I’m simply stating that this was posted, I watched the tape, and the guy is obviously lying with cherry picked stats. Just like clear as day. Imo it’s kinda ****** up that he’s peddling that kind of nonsense. Reminds me of the old Richard Prior bit about liars and cheats saying “who you gonna believe, me, or your lying eyes?” Im 100% open to being wrong about tape because it’s complicated and nuanced, but my eyes aren’t lying here.

@LostAtSeaI respect your opinion but I'm believing in the coach and in the QB. As I said earlier here Bruce drafted David Johnson and that worked out great and he graded worse then both your boy RoJo and the new toy Vaughn in your nfl,com pre draft profile gospel. Andre Ellington was a 6th round pick by Bruce and had some fantasy relevant times and he wasn't even graded by nfl.com. Now with Brady he made James White be pretty fantasy relevant and he graded worse then all of the above, he made Dion Lewis get a nice payday and he was graded lower then Rojo higher then everyone else here but a common theme with Tom Brady's RB's is they do much worse leaving him. I'll finish with Vereen he was James White before White then got paid and was more or less irrelevant.

If Ronald Jones is the guy why would the take a RB on day 2 when they are trying to compete for a Super Bowl now with TB12 turning 43 in August and under contract for 2 years. I would love to bet you that RoJo doesn't lead the TB backfield in fantasy pts or if you know a site where I can make such a wager I would absolutely appreciate the info. 

• Like 1

First I’ll start by saying I was a huge Ronald Jones fan when he was coming out of college, I had him as my clear RB2 in rookie drafts that year (oops).

I get it that Jones wasn’t good in pass protection last year but to say Vaughn is better at pass pro or a better 3 down RB is pretty comical, let’s not forget that Vaughn has yet to play a game against NFL defenders and is still older than Jones. I see this as a hot hand committee, which for fantasy purposes isn’t a good thing but Vaughn isn’t going to run away with this job and neither is Rojo.

• Like 3

This dude is going to be an absolute stud. He looks like James White when he catches the ball, Frank Gore when he is pass blocking, and a faster slightly smaller but still pretty upright version of Demarco Murray when he one cuts his way to the endzone. I dont see how you can possibly look at this guys tape and come away unimpressed.

Idk how to judge RB talent And since so many coaches passed on Alvin kamara and David Johnson and nick Chubb multiple times I think most NFL coaches are also flawed. However I think this kid has a real chance to make some noise. Prototypical size, good speed, decent hands, most importantly poor competition, a qb that likes to dump it off and a coach that likes a bell cow. 

Needs to learn the pass protection asap to be a constant contributor. In David Johnson’s rookie year he was clearly a stud but wasn’t given lead back roll because arians couldn’t trust him in pass protection. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Ke'Shawn Vaughn 2020 Outlook

Anyone that doesn't think this guy has big PPR value because of Ronald Jones just isn't paying attention. Rojo will not be used as a pass catching back and this guy can also run between the tackles. So, not only will he be taking on the pass catching duties but he will get additional touches as a runner. Brady loves to throw to running backs and if Vaughn proves himself there is an easy path to him taking over lead back duties. These are the types of guys you want to target in fantasy. Bruce Arians is excellent at utilizing pass catching running back and clearly this is a guy they identified that they believe can handle that role. I expect him to be a riser during camp.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

Anyone that doesn't think this guy has big PPR value because of Ronald Jones just isn't paying attention. Rojo will not be used as a pass catching back and this guy can also run between the tackles. So, not only will he be taking on the pass catching duties but he will get additional touches as a runner. Brady loves to throw to running backs and if Vaughn proves himself there is an easy path to him taking over lead back duties. These are the types of guys you want to target in fantasy. Bruce Arians is excellent at utilizing pass catching running back and clearly this is a guy they identified that they believe can handle that role. I expect him to be a riser during camp.

I’d pump the brakes just a bit here - RoJo is a former second-rounder who improved dramatically last season, particularly as a pass-catcher out of the backfield (10 YPR, 309 yards).  Arians has gone out of his way to praise him publicly on multiple occasions.  They aren’t going to just kick him to the curb because the team drafted another RB in the third round this year.  (NB: I do like Vaughn quite a bit - especially in dynasty.)