NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Herbert 2020 Outlook

On 10/10/2020 at 9:32 AM, harck said:

Hunter Henry has 0 TDs on the season (and has been targeted only twice in the redzone across 4 games -- absurdly low count for a TE). Mike Williams is always hurt and probably inactive again this week. Allen is an OK redzone threat, but on the lower end for receivers, 4-6 per year, and on top he gets shadowed a lot which makes RZ gaps thin for him. Edmonds who?

I love Herbert, but I see the RBs getting most of the TDs for this squad.

airbear out there cooking up a storm looks like!

giphy.gif

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I am pretty concerned too. Herbert has only faced 1 tough defense so far and that was Tampa's. Kid was totally destroyed by them... 190 passing yards, 0 td 2 int... Wait. What's that? T

James Robinson says hold my beer

He looked good but how are we feeling if Mike Williams’ injury ends up being long-term? Keenan Allen left in the middle of the game, too. The Ekeler replacements have been uninspiring as well. He has an impromptu bye week next week so he’s not an auto-hold. Rest of season schedule looks good, tho. 

1 minute ago, varock said:

He looked good but how are we feeling if Mike Williams’ injury ends up being long-term? Keenan Allen left in the middle of the game, too. The Ekeler replacements have been uninspiring as well. He has an impromptu bye week next week so he’s not an auto-hold. Rest of season schedule looks good, tho. 

Mike Williams is literally always hurt. There's always Hunter Henry and Jalen Guyton is starting to make plays. I thought Justin Jackson looked pretty darn good actually.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Gamescsript in the second half was scary. Lynn was intent on not letting him cook. Hopefully with a lighter schedule, they let him air it out a bit more 

Lynn is kind of conservative and old school at times. This could be the thing that holds him back a bit but I think I'll definitely be holding for a while. To think everyone was questioning his leadership and mental toughness as a prospect. As of now he is answering the bell and then some.

• Like 1

Welp, I'll own up to being dead wrong. Herbert lit up the endzone with a bunch of different targets. Stud. Really hope his potential isn't squandered by Lynn's conservative style. Just a goddamn shame they didn't come out of these 4 games with at least 2-3 wins, many of which can be isolated to a couple terrible playcalls.

Hopefully Keenan and Mike Williams are healthy after the BYE. With them in the lineup... man sky is the limit.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

Herbert so reminds me of the year when Deshaun Watson came onto the scene his rookie year. Hopefully a league winner ros.

I kind of feel like something special is brewing here too. I picked him up in several leagues this week and the other ones where he is still available I'm grabbing in if I need a QB or not. I'll let everyone else fight over Claypool. I want to see where this is headed.

Anthony lynn is literally killing the Chargers season. 

herbert had big leads against kc tb and no and Lynn completely haha he’s the way they play. Only team that really beat the Chargers was Carolina. 

and people say the eagles have injuries Chargers now down

ingram James and Jones on def

ekeler Williams Allen as skills

trai turner Ryan beluga and Mike pouncey from

the oline 

Just a phenomenal game both real life and fantasy. Too bad the Jets game was moved this week but between the easy schedule the next five weeks and likely having everyone healthy in a few weeks and I see no reason why he won't be a top 10 QB ROS. 

Dude is going to be a fantasy stud for years to come, he looks so good. If Allen and Williams get healthy during the bye he’s going to eat RoS too. Not much of a running game at all, great schedule, and a banged up defense. He can also run the ball a little, wouldn’t be surprised if he had a couple of rushing TD’s.

QB1 with top 8 potential imo.