NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Herbert 2020 Outlook

58 minutes ago, harck said:

Can't speak enough about how much of an absolute fantasy stud Herbert is and will be. Next year should be a top priority when drafting a QB. They just faced an absolutely lethal Miami Defense and he still put up 21 points (which now looks like his floor), and on top of that, his coaching staff is actively holding him back with garbage like this:

35fjhh38ve061.png

Really hope the Chargers clean up this off-season. You have what appears to be one of the best rookie QB prospects of all time playing like he's been in the league for 5 years already, and you just hamstring him with terrible playcalling. I'd be upset if I were Keenan Allen right now too, looking at how the Packers scheme for Davante Adams, particularly in the redzone.

These are the kinds of posts that bring me back to the forum. Quality post, thank you.

• Like 3
  • Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I am pretty concerned too. Herbert has only faced 1 tough defense so far and that was Tampa's. Kid was totally destroyed by them... 190 passing yards, 0 td 2 int... Wait. What's that? T

James Robinson says hold my beer

2 hours ago, harck said:

Can't speak enough about how much of an absolute fantasy stud Herbert is and will be. Next year should be a top priority when drafting a QB. They just faced an absolutely lethal Miami Defense and he still put up 21 points (which now looks like his floor), and on top of that, his coaching staff is actively holding him back with garbage like this:

35fjhh38ve061.png

Really hope the Chargers clean up this off-season. You have what appears to be one of the best rookie QB prospects of all time playing like he's been in the league for 5 years already, and you just hamstring him with terrible playcalling. I'd be upset if I were Keenan Allen right now too, looking at how the Packers scheme for Davante Adams, particularly in the redzone.

It would be stupid especially this week to run it on the Jets more, since run defense is the only thing they are decent at.

3 hours ago, harck said:

35fjhh38ve061.png

Herbert has a 1-7 Record as a Starter.

That's pathetic.

QBs are measured by Wins and Losses.

Herbert has yet to prove that he can WIN. 

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Haha 4
5 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

That's pathetic.

You see there's this concept called "team." The team wins and loses, not the QB.

Especially when the D is terrible.

What more did you want him to do last week to win? Throw it to himself in the endzone and catch it? And then put a ref jersey on and make the right call?

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

That's pathetic.

irrelevant in the fantasy world as long he is the starter and producing big numbers

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

That's pathetic.

Really now...

The game we're all playing, the reason why we're all here and the reason why this forum exists is FANTASY FOOTBALL.

Going by your logic, Trent Dilfer shouldve been a top 10, heck top 5 QB back in 2000.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Really now...

The game we're all playing, the reason why we're all here and the reason why this forum exists is FANTASY FOOTBALL.

Going by your logic, Trent Dilfer shouldve been a top 10, heck top 5 QB back in 2000.

Exactly.

Anyone with eyeballs in their head can see this guy is legit. LAC hit a homerun here. Now they just need to build around him.

And having a crappy record now will be a blessing in disguise. They'll get a high pick next year.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

You see there's this concept called "team." The team wins and loses, not the QB.

Especially when the D is terrible.

What more did you want him to do last week to win? Throw it to himself in the endzone and catch it? And then put a ref jersey on and make the right call?

10 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Exactly.

Anyone with eyeballs in their head can see this guy is legit. LAC hit a homerun here. Now they just need to build around him.

And having a crappy record now will be a blessing in disguise. They'll get a high pick next year.

1 and 7.

Gotta win. Sorry.

All the great QBs have 1 thing in common: They all WIN.

Edited by PisEdiRin
21 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

1 and 7.

Gotta win. Sorry.

All the great QBs have 1 thing in common: They all WIN.

Peyton Manning 3-13 his rookie year

Rookie QBs generally don't win because the teams picked them with a high pick the year before meaning they sucked.

Edited by yanksman
  • Like 6
3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Peyton Manning 3-13 his rookie year

Rookie QBs generally don't win because the teams picked them with a high pick the year before meaning they sucked.

Impressive thing about Herbert is losing by 8 to Miami is his worst loss so far.  His games seem to be either he gets the Chargers out to a big lead and the coaching staff blows it by digging into the Marty Schottenheimer how to hold a lead playbook, or he's put up enough points to give his team a shot to win at the end.

Fingers crossed short hair Herbert is as good as long hair Herbert 🤞 Best part...5 of his next 6 games are in a dome.  Don't have to worry about winter weather messing up your QB in the fantasy playoffs.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

That's pathetic.

Ahh yes, the nod of approval from Pisedirin.

You know what this means boys: league winner here on out. 

Pis, care to give us what your opinion of Dalvin Cook is, and what you think the lack of "receiving weapons" in Minny would mean for his fantasy value? 

Trade value is a great was to evaluate young talent in all sports. Herberts trade value is absolutely elite by all measures. Chargers could realistically get more then 3 firsts for him to even have a discussion. If you think the teams record is a reflection of Herbert then my 6 year old knows more about football then you. 

On 11/20/2020 at 1:45 PM, Gryfter said:

Really now...

Adds Dilfer to watch list...

• Haha 1

Amazing. When I saw a young QB put numbers up like this and struggle for wins... he became a HOF. 

Peyton had a first season resembling Herberts. Now, I don’t want get cart before horse... but I also can’t turn blind eye this kid is a horse. 🙂