NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Herbert 2020 Outlook

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I am pretty concerned too. Herbert has only faced 1 tough defense so far and that was Tampa's. Kid was totally destroyed by them... 190 passing yards, 0 td 2 int... Wait. What's that? T

James Robinson says hold my beer

5 hours ago, Breesus said:

Herbert Ekeler stack may be the #1 stack in the fantasy playoffs 

Herbert Ekeler K. Allen is GG.

I know I'm 100% shooting for this stack next year lol. I don't care if I pay above their ADP, though I suspect by the end of this season both Keenan and Ekeler might be round 1 next year.

Edited by harck
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, Breesus said:

Herbert Ekeler stack may be the #1 stack in the fantasy playoffs 

7 minutes ago, harck said:

Herbert Ekeler K. Allen is GG.

I know I'm 100% shooting for this stack next year lol. I don't care if I pay above their ADP, though I suspect by the end of this season both Keenan and Ekeler might be round 1 next year.

Herbert Ekeler is the stack I have now. Really, really hoping Ekeler is back to old form for the fantasy playoffs. He said hanging on to him will pay dividends to fantasy owners, so lets see!

I'm totally nitpicking here... but I am hoping to see more passing TDs from Herbert to his RBs, as an Ekeler and Ballage owner. i know I'm nitpicking here, but I assume there's some positive TD regression there. Also, if teams can stay in games with LAC, his ceiling is even higher than the performance we saw today. Enjoy the ride!

On 11/20/2020 at 1:26 PM, PisEdiRin said:

Herbert has a 1-7 Record as a Starter.

That's pathetic.

QBs are measured by Wins and Losses.

Herbert has yet to prove that he can WIN. 

ahh yes because Tua throwing under 200 yards in 3 of his 4 games is just the epitome of great QB play because yanno they won lol. Sorry but its not about wins and losses when  your defense gives up 30pts a game and your special teams can't even get a punt off without it being blocked for a score.

QBs might be measured by wins and losses after a couple years but good QB play isn't subjective either you play well or don't and herbert is on pace for 4500 yards and 37 touchdowns.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

His 2 Wins came against the Jets and Jags, literally the 2 worst teams in the entire NFL. And you guys are crowning the 2-7 QB like he's established or something. 

I mean for fantasy purposes he's been pretty spot on, but if you are talking about leading his real life team to victory? Then you need to take that talk to the San Diego Chargers website and see if they have a chat room.. I'm sure they do, and probably plenty of fans arguing your point that he isn't good enough to get real wins... but honestly he'd have to Average 400 yards and 4tds a game to be leading them to more victories... and what qb in history has done that? And if that were Herbert would you then concede he is the second coming? Fantasy purposes which most are here for he already is killing it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

His 2 Wins came against the Jets and Jags, literally the 2 worst teams in the entire NFL. And you guys are crowning the 2-7 QB like he's established or something. 

Last week it was just about winning, now the latest win wasn’t good enough and “ you guys” are crowning him......

It is obvious that [you] will never admit he is wrong and that Herbert has been a fantastic FANTASY QB.  Nobody is claiming he is an established qb, or the next Brady, we are all just commenting on how good he has been for fantasy football.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed personal attack
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Took the Chiefs to OT in his first start.  Took the Saints to OT but should've WON in regulation if his kicker hit the FG at the end.  Put up 31 on the Bucs D but his defense allowed 38.  Raiders and Dolphins are proving to be good teams.

If you just watch this guy it's obvious he is special for a rookie.  He looks better than a lot of the veteran starters in the league right now.  I'm not sure what more you expect from the guy.  You are one man and can't control every aspect of the game like a star NBA player.

Discounting him because he's not winning games comes off as having not watched him play at all, and/or paying no attention to the games to put the losses into context.  He looks ridiculously good for a rookie and has a bright future IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
5 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

They are 2-7 but many of those losses were winnable games where they had a lead. Herbert diced up the Saints defense and made them look terrible and we have one of the best defenses out there.