NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Herbert 2020 Outlook

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I am pretty concerned too. Herbert has only faced 1 tough defense so far and that was Tampa's. Kid was totally destroyed by them... 190 passing yards, 0 td 2 int... Wait. What's that? T

James Robinson says hold my beer

59 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

Not the worst game and hopefully didn't spoil your week. After watching the Cardinals/Patriot game, I'm thinking it might be best to stream next week.

Why?

The first half seemed pretty bad on stat tracker. 

Weird game or is he turning in to a pumpkin?

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Booty playcalling.

Lynn is a joke, especially near the goal line. 

And Herbert still had a decent day.

2nd worst coach in the nfl, as a charger fan all I could do was laugh, he actually ran the ball with 20 seconds left, then with 3 seconds ran the FG unit in, then had a QB draw to end the game

I would have left him on the tarmac in Buffalo if I was the owner

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Why?

I'm mainly saying that because NE defense played well against the cardinals. Murray, the QB 1 threw 170 yards 0 TDs 1 INT.

I know Herbert has been exceeding everyone's expectations but I really don't feel that good about him against the NE defense.

Edited by WVFalcon
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

I'm mainly saying that because NE defense played well against the cardinals. Murray, the QB 1 threw 170 yards 0 TDs 1 INT.

I know Herbert has been exceeding everyone's expectations but I really don't feel that good about him against the NE defense.

Id say depends on other options

41 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Why?

ekeler gets a lot of checkdowns and a lot of YAC he helps herbert more than anything. bills played well defensively and have a solid pass rush, they had to get the ball out quick, very little time in the pocket today to throw deep. bills had 16 sacks in 4 weeks coming into the game and the chargers have arguable one of the worst olines in football.

• Thanks 1

Every week I look at alternative options and can never pull the trigger. And it keeps working out.

Don't love the NE matchup, but this D is jeckyl and hyde. I'm a NE fan so I've watched this secondary up close forever. They did a great job against K. Murray last week no doubt because of Bill B's scheming, but also Gilmore was back healthy in the secondary. Murray (and that clown Kingsberry) could deal with that at all.

I do fear that knucklehead A. Lynn can't do battle with Bill B. here and that Bill plays a few tricks on the rookie. That said, I just don't think NE will be able to fully contain this offense at all. Herbert/Ekeler/Henry/Allen/Williams is a lot to content with on the road. 

I think Herbert gets it done again. Solid floor play, maybe not a ceiling play. I see Cousins and Fitzy on the wire, but that feels like getting too cute. 

I admit, I have the biggest man crush on this guy. Imagine what the Chargers are gonnna be when they get a real coaching staff, Derwin James is back healthy and they spend some money on D. I know I know 'they are the Chargers, they are cursed" all that changes when you have a generational talent like Herbert. If they play their cards right I think this is the team in the AFC that can battle with KC in the coming years. Herbert is Dynasty gold. 

Allen is one of the best route runners in the league. Ekler is one of the best receiving backs in the league. Herbert appears to have one of the strongest, most accurate arms in the league. Seems like a no brainer here.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Allen is one of the best route runners in the league. Ekler is one of the best receiving backs in the league. Herbert appears to have one of the strongest, most accurate arms in the league. Seems like a no brainer here.

Plus Allen will go to the slot often and avoiding the 2 NE perimeter corners. Henry has also been coming on and is a total mismatch for the slow-footed NE linebackers (not to mention Ekeler when he works into space)...NE D has been rather up and down overall, but people are putting to much recency bias into play if shying away based on what an inaccurate and possibly compromised Murray did against them last week.

• Like 1

I know I said earlier in this thread that it may be time to stream, but I'm throwing him out there. He's been proving me wrong all season so he deserves to be in my lineup. My gut is still telling me he won't have the best game, but we'll see.

10 hours ago, Cleanface said:

Herbert is gonna slice up the hoodies like smoked sturgeon.  

Firing up w full confidence. 

This will be a true test...  Rookie and even young QBs for that matter generally do not do very well against Patriot's defenses. 

1. New England's last four weeks:
  2. 20.48 v. Flacco
  3. 21.46 v. Jackson
  4. 31.36 v. Watson
  5. 7.90 v. Murray
  6. ... Except Murray was hurt and he isn't remotely anywhere close to throwing the ball on Herbert's level.

1. Atlanta's last four weeks
  2. 12.04 v. Bridgewater
  3. 29.22 v. Lock
  4. 24.22 v. Hill
  5. 1.90 v. Peterman 
  6. Someone said Atlanta's defense is coming around? Well yeah, look at the competition. Everyone with a good arm except for Stafford whooped them and Stafford still posted 19 points.

1. After that, the remaining weeks for Herbert:
  2. Vegas - he posted 23.44 against them earlier this season.
  3. Broncos - he posted 22.22 against them earlier this season.
  4. Chiefs - he posted 22.24 against them earlier this season.

• Thanks 2