NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Herbert 2020 Outlook

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I am pretty concerned too. Herbert has only faced 1 tough defense so far and that was Tampa's. Kid was totally destroyed by them... 190 passing yards, 0 td 2 int... Wait. What's that? T

James Robinson says hold my beer

8 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I admit, I have the biggest man crush on this guy. Imagine what the Chargers are gonnna be when they get a real coaching staff, Derwin James is back healthy and they spend some money on D. I know I know 'they are the Chargers, they are cursed" all that changes when you have a generational talent like Herbert. If they play their cards right I think this is the team in the AFC that can battle with KC in the coming years. Herbert is Dynasty gold. 

Even with his new haircut? 

Looked at NE vs QBs, and they've been much better at home then on the road.

Home they've played: Fitz, Carr, Lock, Garoppolo, Lamar, Kyler

Not awful group of QBs, though overall definitely not fantasy elite.(Lamar was OK in the crazy rain/wind game)

Road they've played: Wilson, Mahomes, Allen, Flacco, Watson.

Allen was the only QB who struggled, and the weather wasn't pretty in that one. 

The one thing is that, will he succeed as a rookie vs Belichick? We will find out.

7 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Looked at NE vs QBs, and they've been much better at home then on the road.

Home they've played: Fitz, Carr, Lock, Garoppolo, Lamar, Kyler

Not awful group of QBs, though overall definitely not fantasy elite.(Lamar was OK in the crazy rain/wind game)

Road they've played: Wilson, Mahomes, Allen, Flacco, Watson.

Allen was the only QB who struggled, and the weather wasn't pretty in that one. 

The one thing is that, will he succeed as a rookie vs Belichick? We will find out.

He has done better than I expected, so my guess is he will do fine today as long as he doesn’t force it to Allen and takes what he gets using everyone. My guess is Ekeler and Henry have good days. 

I drafted him in third of a rookie draft and have been very pleased he is now my ft starter over Goff and Roethlessberger. 

Love Herbert and he’s been set and forget for me for the last 6 weeks, but Cousins, who has put up similar numbers over the last 4 weeks, is sitting out there as a FA in my league. I think they’ll both have good games but seems like the risk of Herbert disappointing vs NE is higher than Cousins vs JAX given the matchup. Going to think about this one some more but may have to sit Herbert just this week. 

7 minutes ago, MayorMcCheese said:

Love Herbert and he’s been set and forget for me for the last 6 weeks, but Cousins, who has put up similar numbers over the last 4 weeks, is sitting out there as a FA in my league. I think they’ll both have good games but seems like the risk of Herbert disappointing vs NE is higher than Cousins vs JAX given the matchup. Going to think about this one some more but may have to sit Herbert just this week. 

I picked up Cousins as well as much to block my opponent but also tinker with the idea of starting him over Hebert.

I just can't do it.

Feel like this is getting too cute. Cousins could easily throw 3 TDs or just hand off to Cook. And I feel like Cousins has burned me in this situation so many times previously.

Think my wagon is hitched to Herbert ROS. Set it and forget it and worry about other issues.

4 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I picked up Cousins as well as much to block my opponent but also tinker with the idea of starting him over Hebert.

I just can't do it.

Feel like this is getting too cute. Cousins could easily throw 3 TDs or just hand off to Cook. And I feel like Cousins has burned me in this situation so many times previously.

Think my wagon is hitched to Herbert ROS. Set it and forget it and worry about other issues.

This. I recently grabbed Cousins off the wire - but only as a "break glass in case of emergency" situation during my playoffs. Herbert has earned every week start status regardless of match-up at this point. If your formula got you here, why change it now?

Yea, the poor start seemed obvious in hindsight but I’m OK losing with him in my lineup. He’s carried me this far and if that’s where it ends, I tip my cap to the overachieving rookie. If he continues to struggle ROS, might bring his value down some for next year with (hopefully) a competent coach.