NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Herbert 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, KingUles said:

You guys need to calm down. Sam Darnold lost two fumbles against the raiders and still managed to get 19 fantasy points lol. The Jets (!!) scored 28 Points against them. THE JETS!!!!

Start this kid with confidence.

What worries me, is it’s a Thursday night game.. I’ve had horrible luck with TNF. Also it’s a divisional game, I could see Raiders getting up for the game. But that’s just me, not sure anybody else shares the sentiment.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I am pretty concerned too. Herbert has only faced 1 tough defense so far and that was Tampa's. Kid was totally destroyed by them... 190 passing yards, 0 td 2 int... Wait. What's that? T

James Robinson says hold my beer

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

currently Raiders -3.5, o/u52

that's an implied 28-24  outcome 🤷‍♂️

I will admit im not into betting and not sure if this site and their prediction model is even legit. But got it here: https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/los-angeles-las-vegas-odds-december-17-2020-1255135.  

Predicted Score

Edited by noles1983
4 minutes ago, GoVols98 said:

I'm probably making the move to Hurts. I won't be able to stare at a crappy performance till Sunday from Herbert with me knowing before the game he was without his top 2 WR's. Hurts will have a good floor with his running ability. 

Yeah, but it will be much harder staring at that 30-burger he's putting up tonight until Sunday too.

Edited by FitzMagic

Have no choice but to start him in both of my leagues.

Just hope Keenan Allen plays, if he doesn't this may Herbert floor game, which outside of the NE game hasn't been bad.

He seems to have a rapport with Johnson and Guyton, and Ekeler will see his... think it should still be high scoring.

Also let's keep in mind the Raiders are missing like half of their starting defense. Even if Herbert is without Allen and Williams, I'd bet he's still a top 12 play. Hard to bench unless you have another elite option.

6 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Also let's keep in mind the Raiders are missing like half of their starting defense. Even if Herbert is without Allen and Williams, I'd bet he's still a top 12 play. Hard to bench unless you have another elite option.

All that reads to me is Ekeler going bananas and the Herbs owner hoping its a couple screen passes he houses and not handoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Hyperize said:

I've got in Hill over Herbert, unfortunately. I'm a big underdog so I need ceiling. 

I DID have Hill in but beware:

Drew Brees (ribs) has taken some first-team reps in practice this week and has a chance to start Week 15 against Kansas City. 

This report certainly conflicts with Saints head coach Sean Payton saying Thursday that Brees has "a ways to go" before coming back from breaking 11 ribs last month. The team has not ruled out Brees for Week 15 but he still looks like a long shot. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said the Saints would be bring back Brees until he was fully recovered from his rib injury. Expect Taysom Hill to draw another start for New Orleans in a potential shootout with the Chiefs. 

Ahhh sweet elixir! Just the medicine I needed today...the board jumping off Herbert after a few rough weeks (almost entirely the fault of Lynn arguably the worst head coach over the past decade). 

Feeling good about starting Herbert now will probably see 3 1H td passes like the last prime time game. Weeeeee and thx.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, tatddy said:

Ahhh sweet elixir! Just the medicine I needed today...the board jumping off Herbert after a few rough weeks (almost entirely the fault of Lynn arguably the worst head coach over the past decade). 

Feeling good about starting Herbert now will probably see 3 1H td passes like the last prime time game. Weeeeee and thx.

This. So many people ready to jump off the Herbert train... it's almost like the fantasy community doesn't even watch the games.

Edited by rasrar
1 hour ago, noles1983 said:

All that reads to me is Ekeler going bananas and the Herbs owner hoping its a couple screen passes he houses and not handoffs. 

Unless you think the Raiders aren't going to score... the Chargers will be forced to pass, at some point during the game.

24 minutes ago, rasrar said:

This. So many people ready to jump off the Herbert train... it's almost like the fantasy community doesn't even watch the games.

Or it's like you want to think you're smart by ignoring all the large red flags. The edgy contrarian. We shall see, I guess. 

Edited by noles1983
36 minutes ago, tatddy said:

I sense a reservation to the vent and rant thread for you. 

Edited by noles1983

I'm reading through the posts and of course anytime the WR1 is a GTD it makes you think twice.

The fact remains the Raiders have already ruled out starting defenders Jonathan Abram, Ncholas Morrow, and Clelin Ferrel, Damon Arnette.  Nevin Lawson is questionable with an illness.  Rob Marinelli (who was the def coord for the Cowboys) is now interim def coord on a short week with a scheme that he did not create.

Even if Allen is ruled out the matchup is still the same.  It's a skeleton defense.  I get why Vegas o/u is still at 52 as this is also a must win game for the Raiders.  What we hope is that with this skeleton defense Herbert will have opps to take shots downfield and that's not Allen's game, those go to Tyron Johnson and Guyton:

Edited by JediMasters
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

I'm reading through the posts and of course anytime the WR1 is a GTD it makes you think twice.

The fact remains the Raiders have already ruled out starting defenders Jonathan Abram, Ncholas Morrow, and Clelin Ferrel, Damon Arnette.  Nevin Lawson is questionable with an illness.  Rob Marinelli (who was the def coord for the Cowboys) is now interim def coord on a short week with a scheme that he did not create.

Even if Allen is ruled out the matchup is still the same.  It's a skeleton defense.  I get why Vegas o/u is still at 52 as this is also a must win game for the Raiders.  What we hope is that with this skeleton defense Herbert will have opps to take shots downfield and that's not Allen's game, those go to Tyron Johnson and Guyton.

Starting with confidence 💪