NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Herbert 2020 Outlook

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I am pretty concerned too. Herbert has only faced 1 tough defense so far and that was Tampa's. Kid was totally destroyed by them... 190 passing yards, 0 td 2 int... Wait. What's that? T

James Robinson says hold my beer

No WRs called up from the practice squad leads me to believe Allen plays, in some capacity.

It's mind boggling how everyone wants to bench Herbert given what we know about the Chargers injuries... but completely ignores all of the Raiders injuries. Makes no sense. I'll be firing Herbert up in 2 leagues today.

1 hour ago, rasrar said:

No WRs called up from the practice squad leads me to believe Allen plays, in some capacity.

It's mind boggling how everyone wants to bench Herbert given what we know about the Chargers injuries... but completely ignores all of the Raiders injuries. Makes no sense. I'll be firing Herbert up in 2 leagues today.

Raiders defense is banged up, I hear.....I am rolling him out there too. I HOPE it is a good choice 

Just now, injury said:

Raiders defense is banged up, I hear.....I am rolling him out there too. I HOPE it is a good choice 

Same. They've definitely gone conservative since Eckler came back and seem content to dink and dunk. Hard to ignore the matchup unless you've got another top 5 play. Hopefully this turns into a shootout.

If he’s throwing dinks to Ekeler and they go for TDs, those are still Herbert pass TDs, right?   Not sure what the worry is RE Ekeler.  He can catch 12 balls and run 2 of those in, I’m good.  

Plus he has good rapport w the backup WRs which has been proven (and it helps LV D is decimated).  I think this is a get right game for Herbert in all circumstances.  Not worried (maybe a little). 

Edited by Cleanface
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

If he’s throwing dinks to Ekeler and they go for TDs, those are still Herbert pass TDs, right?   Not sure what the worry is RE Ekeler.  He can catch 12 balls and run 2 of those in, I’m good.  

Plus he has good rapport w the backup WRs which has been proven.  I think this is a get right game for Herbert in all circumstances.  Not worried (maybe a little). 

This. Solid rapport with Johnson and Guyton. Raiders D is so banged up, I expect Herbert to still get his numbers and will still be forced to throw because the Raiders will put up points.

43 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

Plus he has good rapport w the backup WRs which has been proven (and it helps LV D is decimated).  I think this is a get right game for Herbert in all circumstances.  Not worried (maybe a little). 

Since ekeler has come back, the dinks and dunks haven’t led to many td’s....that is my worry!

Edited by Loadedbrewer
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

Ugh, I'm hedging my bets and starting Herbs in 1 out of 2 leagues. 😐

And I'M the edgy contrarian? 😂

I'm firing up in both leagues--a superflex and a 1 QB league.

Both players playing, even on a snap count, game flow should be in Herbert's favor as well as the fact that the Raiders D is banged out and bad to begin with.

3 minutes ago, rasrar said:

And I'M the edgy contrarian? 😂

I'm firing up in both leagues--a superflex and a 1 QB league.

Both players playing, even on a snap count, game flow should be in Herbert's favor as well as the fact that the Raiders D is banged out and bad to begin with.

Lol you were willing to start him with both Williams and Allen out...So yeah. We shall see, I dont see a blowup game at all, I'm hoping for 22ish points, anything more would be gravy.

4 hours ago, noles1983 said:

Lol you were willing to start him with both Williams and Allen out...So yeah. We shall see, I dont see a blowup game at all, I'm hoping for 22ish points, anything more would be gravy.

You were saying?

Over 300 passing yards, 3 total TDs... and Allen and Williams were barely involved in the game. Yes, i would have absolutely started if neither were active... and the result would have likely been the same.

8 hours ago, JediMasters said:

I'm reading through the posts and of course anytime the WR1 is a GTD it makes you think twice.

The fact remains the Raiders have already ruled out starting defenders Jonathan Abram, Ncholas Morrow, and Clelin Ferrel, Damon Arnette.  Nevin Lawson is questionable with an illness.  Rob Marinelli (who was the def coord for the Cowboys) is now interim def coord on a short week with a scheme that he did not create.

Even if Allen is ruled out the matchup is still the same.  It's a skeleton defense.  I get why Vegas o/u is still at 52 as this is also a must win game for the Raiders.  What we hope is that with this skeleton defense Herbert will have opps to take shots downfield and that's not Allen's game, those go to Tyron Johnson and Guyton:

Like I posted earlier.  Oak D stinks even worse with Marinelli. Guyton dropped a TD but no complaints here.

• Like 1

Don’t get me wrong, I am happy with tonight’s performance. But just think WHAT IF.

What If: KA and Mike Williams played full snaps? Also if Raiders didn’t kill the clock on that 10 minute drive. Coulda been a yuge night.