NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Herbert 2020 Outlook

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I am pretty concerned too. Herbert has only faced 1 tough defense so far and that was Tampa's. Kid was totally destroyed by them... 190 passing yards, 0 td 2 int... Wait. What's that? T

James Robinson says hold my beer

Just now, Spyplane said:

This makes sense but based on comments earlier in the week it didn't sound like the Chargers were interested in making sense.

Yea it's Anthony Lynn, maybe he felt bad because of the incident to Tyrod. But Lynn did say Tyrod is the starter, only if he is 100%, leaving room for Herbert to start, before we found out about the collapsed lung. Now it's Herbert's job to lose, Tyrod was a stopgap option from the beginning anyway just like in Cleveland.

Medical experts I've asked about the Tyrod Taylor situation say lung puncturing is a known risk on those injections and happens every so often. Almost never dangerous, usually resolves in a week or two, but some docs recommend avoiding strenuous activity or contact for 4-6 weeks.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, MBarbarian said:

Tyrod in last year of his contract.  He might sit out and sue the NFL.  Like Orlando Pace did when he got hit in the eye with a flag.  He got a $25 million settlement for that

It seems like a reasonable thing to sue over. They punctured his lung with a needle and who knows if they shot up his lung. It was supposed to deaden the feeling in his ribs. Mission accomplished as you likely can't notice rib pain while your suffocating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pick him up in my 12-team superflex redraft league the other day.

I'm a Tyrod owner as well as my 3rd QB, but I wish they'd just name Herbert the starter so i can drop Tyrod. I own Ekeler in that league as well, and we both know Herbert is better for Ekeler's value.

5 hours ago, rasrar said:

Pick him up in my 12-team superflex redraft league the other day.

I'm a Tyrod owner as well as my 3rd QB, but I wish they'd just name Herbert the starter so i can drop Tyrod. I own Ekeler in that league as well, and we both know Herbert is better for Ekeler's value.

FYI...

• Coach Anthony Lynn announced Justin Herbert will start Week 3 against the Panthers.

Tyrod Taylor accidentally had his lung punctured by the Chargers' team doctor during an injection for his ribs injury ahead of Week 2. Taylor remains week to week and will not be placed on injured reserve. Herbert was awfully impressive in his NFL debut against the Chiefs last week and gets a much easier draw against the Panthers' young defense in this one. He's a strong streaming option for fantasy.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:41 PM ET

Edited by The G Man
4 hours ago, The G Man said:

FYI...

• Coach Anthony Lynn announced Justin Herbert will start Week 3 against the Panthers.

Tyrod Taylor accidentally had his lung punctured by the Chargers' team doctor during an injection for his ribs injury ahead of Week 2. Taylor remains week to week and will not be placed on injured reserve. Herbert was awfully impressive in his NFL debut against the Chiefs last week and gets a much easier draw against the Panthers' young defense in this one. He's a strong streaming option for fantasy.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:41 PM ET

I'm afraid that'll just be for this week though, and not moving forward.

Talked to a couple physicians and they told me if his lung puncture was minor (as it appears to be), he could healthy enough to play Week 4.

6 minutes ago, rasrar said:

I'm afraid that'll just be for this week though, and not moving forward.

Talked to a couple physicians and they told me if his lung puncture was minor (as it appears to be), he could healthy enough to play Week 4.

Thought you meant for this week bro. Didn't realize you meant ROS.

Here's the thing though...TT isn't all that and a bag of chips. Sure, Lynn said he gives them the best chance to win, but I'm not buying that. Herbert gives them the best chance of winning IMHO, and yes...I'm basing that off of just one game. He might prove me wrong, but that's where I'm at right now. 

16 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Thought you meant for this week bro. Didn't realize you meant ROS.

Here's the thing though...TT isn't all that and a bag of chips. Sure, Lynn said he gives them the best chance to win, but I'm not buying that. Herbert gives them the best chance of winning IMHO, and yes...I'm basing that off of just one game. He might prove me wrong, but that's where I'm at right now. 

If Herbert shows up again it's going to be difficult to go tell him to sit down. If he bombs then its a different story.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, midlip said:

Herbert over Wentz this week? 

Kinda crazy you're even have to ask the question, huh? But yeah, Wentz don't look right. 

I dunno man. How much do you believe in the rook starting only his second game in the pro's vs. a bounce back from Wentz? Both are playing at home and the match-up's are about even IMO. 

Look at your opponent and projected points (and you're W/L record). Do you need to swing for the fences or play it safe? 

Good luck!

Edited by The G Man
  • Like 1