NBC Sports Edge Forums

A.J. Dillon 2020 Outlook

Snuck this guy onto my squad this weekend, not to play him but for keeper potential.

Boy oh boy, it's going to be mighty tasty and interesting if GB lets Aaron Jones walk.

Big, powerful, runs angry, hard to bring down.  Like Derrick Henry but in a way better offense.

Gotta believe they give their second rounder a shot next year.

• Like 1
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro- have you seen his legs? 

well, neither did Lacey ...  

TERRIBLE draft pick. And it's not a knock on Dillon. Rodgers is an all-timer, you only have so many prime years left of him. 2nd round picks are very valuable, and the team had plenty of needs. 

23 minutes ago, CooL said:

Snuck this guy onto my squad this weekend, not to play him but for keeper potential.

Boy oh boy, it's going to be mighty tasty and interesting if GB lets Aaron Jones walk.

Big, powerful, runs angry, hard to bring down.  Like Derrick Henry but in a way better offense.

Gotta believe they give their second rounder a shot next year.

jamaal williams is a FA as well. i was really hoping they'd give him an opportunity, and they sure did! i really felt the packers gave dillon a long leash to see what they had long term as aaron jones is definitely pricing himself out of town.

What are our thoughts now on AJ Dillion?  I know it was one game but did he show enough for Packers not to resign Jones? 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

No.  Aaron Jones did enough for the Packers not to resign him... he hired Drew Rosenhaus.

Packers fan (and shareholder) here. I would be SHOCKED if they resigned Aaron Jones. And it's a shame, because I love Jones. But he'll looked to be paid like one of the top RBs in the league, and we simply can't afford that.

You can't make everyone in your roster one of the highest paid at their position. We already paid Rodgers, Bak, and the Smiths top dollar. Linsley, Jones and Williams have contracts that expire this season. Jaire and Davante both have contracts that expire after next season. They're going to have to let some guys walk, and I hate to say it, but one will be Jones. 

As for Dillon, he looked FANTASTIC. I knew he'd be productive - drafted him as a captain in multiple contests yesterday. But I didn't expect him to be that good. 

• Thanks 1

I think GB will resign one of Jones or Williams in the off-season. Most think it will be Jones that walks, but it could be Williams. An argument could be made that Jones and Dillon form a more complimentary tandem. Either way, I can see Dillon taking on the J. Williams role in 2021 to whichever back they extend.

He will have more value if he earns more/most of the inside the 5/goal line snaps. 

1 minute ago, The G Man said:

I think GB will resign one of Jones or Williams in the off-season. Most think it will be Jones that walks, but it could be Williams. An argument could be made that Jones and Dillon form a more complimentary tandem. Either way, I can see Dillon taking on the J. Williams role in 2021 to whichever back they extend.

He will have more value if he earns more/most of the inside the 5/goal line snaps. 

If they do resign Williams.. AJ won't be "taking on the Williams role". Williams would be staying in the Williams role. 

The guy is a horse and the Packers drafted him in the 2nd to be the man. I love Jones and think he's great with Arod, but they are letting him walk and this dude is going to be the lead back. 

• Like 1
Just now, LarryDavid said:

If they do resign Williams.. AJ won't be "taking on the Williams role". Williams would be staying in the Williams role. 

The guy is a horse and the Packers drafted him in the 2nd to be the man. I love Jones and think he's great with Arod, but they are letting him walk and this dude is going to be the lead back. 

We'll see dude. It's all just speculation. You seem to hold Dillon in very high regard, which is cool. I like him too (see thread starter). But, you don't know how it's all going to play out any more than the rest of us. 

3 minutes ago, The G Man said:

We'll see dude. It's all just speculation. You seem to hold Dillon in very high regard, which is cool. I like him too (see thread starter). But, you don't know how it's all going to play out any more than the rest of us. 

Nah, I really don't even think he's that great of a player. He is an above average vision back that has monstrous size. I just think if Vegas had a line for who the leading back will be for the Packers with only Jamaal Williams and AJ Dillon, I think it would be like -450 for Dillion. I am just talking common sense with about where he is drafted and his size. This is of course in addition to looking very solid last night. This is also with the Packers knowing exactly what they have in the hypothetical scenario that they do resign Williams. He has gotten some bigger usage with Jones out in the past, but there is no way they would throw him into a lead role, or at least plan a season ahead that way.   

• Like 1

One can only assume that Green Bay used a second round pick on this guy hoping he could make it possible for them to let Jones walk.  Dillon's performance on SNF has given them that excuse.  I'd be stunned if Jones now is extended by GB.  Perhaps Williams will be to be a third-down guy.  Or they might let Williams walk and just bring in another free agent RB to do that role.  Veteran third-down backs grow on trees.

I do believe that the Packers will spend a 3rd or 4th Round pick on another RB project in the next draft so Dillon’s promising 2021 outlook isn’t a slam dunk as of now but he’s worth a roster spot in deep Keeper leagues and the optimism can be justified. There are still plenty of variables yet to be settled. The only thing I believe is a slam dunk is that Aaron Jones won’t be in a Packers uniform next year. Their front office has made that very clear by letting his contract expire!

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If Jones is on another team next year, AJ Dillon will be pretty expensive to acquire.

Yeah you can't have thighs that look like that AND be the actual starter. This forum will be going batshit with hype if that's the case. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

I do believe that the Packers will spend a 3rd or 4th Round pick on another RB project in the next draft so Dillon’s promising 2021 outlook isn’t a slam dunk as of now but he’s worth a roster spot in deep Keeper leagues and the optimism can be justified. There are still plenty of variables yet to be settled. The only thing I believe is a slam dunk is that Aaron Jones won’t be in a Packers uniform next year. Their front office has made that very clear by letting his contract expire!

Why would they do that?  Sure they drafted both Jamaal and Aaron Jones in 2017, but they were 4th and 5th round picks (hard to believe that Jamaal went ahead of Jones).

Spending 2nd round draft capital on an RB is huge.  I don't see them spending a 3rd or 4th on another.  They could bring in a vet like Damien Williams if he's let go to play the third down role if they let Jamaal go.

If Aaron Jones leaves, this guy shoots into the second round and will be drafted where Jonathan Taylor was this year.  Huuugge keeper potential, since those who own him got him for free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1