NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tee Higgins 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

On paper Washington might look tough but they haven't played anyone.

The only WRs they've played that are worth anything:

Hopkins - 8-68-1

Robert Woods - 4-71-1

Cooper Kupp - 5-66

Marvin Jones - 8-96-1

They've had games against Philly, Dallas, Giants (X2), Cowboys (w/out Dak), Baltimore that have inflated their WR defense.  I would put the Bengals offense over all of these from a passing stand point.  

Washington still has to play Cincy, Pitt, Carolina and Seattle this year.  I'll be impressed if they're still considered a difficult matchup for WRs by year-end.  

It just goes to show that it's tough to attack the Redskins at the WR position probably due to their pass rush. However, Marvin on his somewhat last legs just slayed and Stafford had 3 TD's without Golladay lol. My concern is Burrow against the pass rush, but Higgins made himself viable after a rock solid showing on the road. Pitt did blow a coverage and Higgins had the 4th down redzone TD, so it could've gone other ways, but it shows Higgins is producing when his number is called, over and over.

He's a must-start every week ROS...I can't bench him again, even with the warning signs here of a matchup problem. He already dominated the Colts and Steelers, and put up 4-62 on the road in Baltimore...

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sooo does that salty aj green owner show his face in our thread again or is that the last time we hear from him 😂

C’mon.  AJ is a ‘92 Honda Accord.  And not a DX.  He’s an EX, with the leather, high end trim package, rims, sunroof, 6 disc changer.  240,000 miles and two hailstorms ago he was a sweet ride.  But sa

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Hopkins - 8-68-1

Robert Woods - 4-71-1

Cooper Kupp - 5-66

Marvin Jones - 8-96-1

They've had games against Philly, Dallas, Giants (X2), Cowboys (w/out Dak), Baltimore that have inflated their WR defense.  I would put the Bengals offense over all of these from a passing stand point.  

Washington still has to play Cincy, Pitt, Carolina and Seattle this year.  I'll be impressed if they're still considered a difficult matchup for WRs by year-end.  

Considering WFT has allowed the second most passing yards over the past 3 weeks, I would have to agree with you. This is actually one of my easier decisions to make this week, even though its the "worst" matchup I have on paper.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Considering WFT has allowed the second most passing yards over the past 3 weeks, I would have to agree with you. This is actually one of my easier decisions to make this week, even though its the "worst" matchup I have on paper.

I take back the passing yard stat, I misread, but still very confident lol

Amazing how (quietly) good this guy has been. I don't know what he'd have to do to get some well deserved buzz. Not that it matters for his owners, but not only has he been good, he's been consistent. That's arguably even more impressive. 

2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Amazing how (quietly) good this guy has been. I don't know what he'd have to do to get some well deserved buzz. Not that it matters for his owners, but not only has he been good, he's been consistent. That's arguably even more impressive. 

playing for a good team and not for the bengals

26 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I think it is the lack of astonishing numbers.  He's had a bunch of good games, but the most he's scored is 16 (non-PPR) points.  People tend to look for those jaw dropping games.  Myself, I am more than happy with him producing a number of double digit games with a few "clunkers" in the high single digits.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

I think it is the lack of astonishing numbers.  He's had a bunch of good games, but the most he's scored is 16 (non-PPR) points.  People tend to look for those jaw dropping games.  Myself, I am more than happy with him producing a number of double digit games with a few "clunkers" in the high single digits.

👆 this

he reminds me of what Woods was/is in terms of fantasy.  Nothing really jaw dropping but at the end of the year you will realize you had a very consistent top 15-20 WR.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, BigBlueMachine said:

👆 this

he reminds me of what Woods was/is in terms of fantasy.  Nothing really jaw dropping but at the end of the year you will realize you had a very consistent top 15-20 WR.

I was thinking about the same comparison (re: Woods).  I think that he is the perfect performance comparison for Higgins.

• Thanks 1

Just read Tagliere's primer article. Higgins is putting up Godwin 2019 numbers (doesn't mention though that Godwin missed 2 games last year). 

Since joining the starting lineup in Week 3, Higgins has totaled 37 receptions, 568 yards, and four touchdowns. Over a 16-game season, that would be 85 receptions, 1,298 yards, and nine touchdowns. Godwin finished with 86 receptions, 1,333 yards, and nine touchdowns in 2019. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, CooL said:

Unless that illness is Covid...

If it was covid it would be a different designation, correct? Even if he were displaying symptoms he would get a rapid response test to confirm and they would add him to the covid list and force him to quarantine—seems like any time this happens the reporting on that particular status is clear. Illness reads to me as non-covid related illness a la Duke Johnson’s designation yesterday. 

• Like 1
On 11/18/2020 at 11:42 AM, Fort4242 said:

Hopkins - 8-68-1

Robert Woods - 4-71-1

Cooper Kupp - 5-66

Marvin Jones - 8-96-1

Great take...  I'll also add Washington is averaging 21 points a game so teams don't necessarily need to air it out to beat them.  I'm starting him at flex over Helaire & Hines this week. 

26 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

If it was covid it would be a different designation, correct? Even if he were displaying symptoms he would get a rapid response test to confirm and they would add him to the covid list and force him to quarantine—seems like any time this happens the reporting on that particular status is clear. Illness reads to me as non-covid related illness a la Duke Johnson’s designation yesterday. 

Yeah, was thinking the same thing. 

Hopefully we see a full tomorrow or Saturday. 

2 hours ago, YK35 said:

This man is a Bungle, prepare for him to crush your playoff dreams

Welcome to the forums, YK.  I think some Bungles are going to be quite helpful come playoff time.  Tee is probably foremost among them.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, BMcP said:

Welcome to the forums, YK.  I think some Bungles are going to be quite helpful come playoff time.  Tee is probably foremost among them.

Yeah most likely. My Mixon frustration knows no bounds at the moment. 

• Like 1