NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tee Higgins 2020 Outlook

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sooo does that salty aj green owner show his face in our thread again or is that the last time we hear from him 😂

C’mon.  AJ is a ‘92 Honda Accord.  And not a DX.  He’s an EX, with the leather, high end trim package, rims, sunroof, 6 disc changer.  240,000 miles and two hailstorms ago he was a sweet ride.  But sa

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JCDaly said:

Tee worth a start this week?  Even with Allen he hasn't goosed, and the Cowboys already weak D will be banged up in the secondary this week: https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-secondary-decimated-4-5-221057353.html

He's right on the fence for me. I'm trying to decide between him, Dobbins, and Coutee. I'm most worried about the hamstring, wouldn't want him to aggravate it early on and get a 0.

13 minutes ago, Last Rebel said:

He's right on the fence for me. I'm trying to decide between him, Dobbins, and Coutee. I'm most worried about the hamstring, wouldn't want him to aggravate it early on and get a 0.

I hear ya, thanks, hadn't even considered the injury, honestly, since there's no more Probable, the Q can feel like the P, and make me just assume the guy is good to go if I see the Q, lol

39 minutes ago, Jmiller21kg said:

Anyone starting as a FLEX in their championship? I honestly may have to lol. I guess the positive is 6 of Finley’s 13 throws went to Higgins last game and they play the Texans. 

I probably am. Not overly excited about it but he’s the main target on a team playing against a bad defense and a good offense. Decent recipe for success. Also Boyd may be out

I honestly don't get why he's getting so much love. His production has been awful since Burrows went down and Finley is terrible. It's doesn't master of the Texans are bad of the QB is completely ineffective.

On 12/23/2020 at 12:05 PM, Leibinger said:

I probably am. Not overly excited about it but he’s the main target on a team playing against a bad defense and a good offense. Decent recipe for success. Also Boyd may be out

Finley's #1 read seems to be AJ Green

6 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Higgins plays just about every snap but Brandon Allen throwing the ball limits the upside.

What are the chance he finds the end zone against a Houston defense?

good chances

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Really like this kid. Think he's got a bright future.

[...]

Higgins was almost match-up proof, even with the carousel of replacements.  He's going to be a strong WR2 with WR1 weeks next year with Burrows.  I hope people sleep on him, although I doubt it.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
36 minutes ago, CroNY said:

What round do you guys have him slotted roughly in redraft, I know this season isn't even over yet. 

If Burrow is ready for the beginning of the season, I see him around pick 50 or so.  Boyd will go before him.

13 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

2nd round bro

I hope you're kidding.  He is WR32 in PPR this year.  How does he end up second round.

7 minutes ago, kdko said:

I'd probably say late 3rd/early 4th.  Boyd is still going to be there and be a factor.

So in a 14 teamer, around pick 40?  I think a little rich for me, but obviously it's way early and we've barely closed the books on this fantasy season.

Much of his draft slot will depend on Burrow's recovery.  

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

I hope you're kidding.  He is WR32 in PPR this year.  How does he end up second round.

So in a 14 teamer, around pick 40?  I think a little rich for me, but obviously it's way early and we've barely closed the books on this fantasy season.

Much of his draft slot will depend on Burrow's recovery.  

I mean, I wouldn't feel bad taking him in the 4th round as my WR2 in a 12 man league, assuming any desirable TE's are off the board and you don't to pay a lot for a QB.  He didn't start week 1, and from week 3-11 he saw less than 7 targets only once!!  I don't think the Bengals completely fix their o-line or run game, so they will still be passing a lot. Other WR's that were drafted in this position this year were Chark/Lockett/Sutton/JuJu.  He outscored 3 of those dudes and even if they were healthy I don't think it's strange to see his name compared to them, especially going into his second season next year.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

Idk If id feel comfortable having him as a WR2 but I’d take him as a WR3 

You won't get a rock solid WR2 for a WR3 price.. at least not one that's guaranteed like he is.

30 minutes ago, kdko said:

You won't get a rock solid WR2 for a WR3 price.. at least not one that's guaranteed like he is.

Even assuming Burrow is healthy, I have a feeling Higgins may slide down some rankings going into next year.  It felt like none of the "pros" were ranking him relatively high until right before the Burrow injury.  Justin Jefferson will surely be ranked higher, and Claypool will be the "sexy" 2nd year WR if JuJu isn't on Pittsburgh.  Besides that I haven't really looked at possible rankings for next year so can't speculate too much.

I agree that Higgins will be a rock solid WR2 next year.