NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tee Higgins 2020 Outlook

17 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Even assuming Burrow is healthy, I have a feeling Higgins may slide down some rankings going into next year.  It felt like none of the "pros" were ranking him relatively high until right before the Burrow injury.  Justin Jefferson will surely be ranked higher, and Claypool will be the "sexy" 2nd year WR if JuJu isn't on Pittsburgh.  Besides that I haven't really looked at possible rankings for next year so can't speculate too much.

I agree that Higgins will be a rock solid WR2 next year.

I can't imagine that Claypool is going to be ranked higher than Higgins.  He's too boom or bust, a B. Cooks type receiver on a team with a QB who's on the downslope.  Higgins had an incredibly safe floor with one of the most promising young QB's (i'm not worried about his injury), on a pass crazy offense.  I'm sure the Steelers O-Line will get back on track quicker than it will take Cincy to build one.  Going into next year, i'd probably rank the 2nd year WR's as Jefferson -> Higgins -> Claypool.  I think Jefferson is going to cost too much next year for my liking.

• Like 1
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sooo does that salty aj green owner show his face in our thread again or is that the last time we hear from him 😂

C’mon.  AJ is a ‘92 Honda Accord.  And not a DX.  He’s an EX, with the leather, high end trim package, rims, sunroof, 6 disc changer.  240,000 miles and two hailstorms ago he was a sweet ride.  But sa

Posted Images

Higgins had a great rookie year, with Burrow healthy again next year, I’m going to try to draft this kid again, I wonder what his final stats would have looked like if his QB never got hurt. After Burrow went down I had to drop him as he wasn’t as trustworthy anymore. Can’t wait to see what he does next season. 

22 hours ago, kdko said:

I can't imagine that Claypool is going to be ranked higher than Higgins.  He's too boom or bust, a B. Cooks type receiver on a team with a QB who's on the downslope.  Higgins had an incredibly safe floor with one of the most promising young QB's (i'm not worried about his injury), on a pass crazy offense.  I'm sure the Steelers O-Line will get back on track quicker than it will take Cincy to build one.  Going into next year, i'd probably rank the 2nd year WR's as Jefferson -> Higgins -> Claypool.  I think Jefferson is going to cost too much next year for my liking.

Claypool will be ranked higher than Higgins

Steelers players are always overvalued when it comes to rankings

58 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Crazy.  I welcome people taking him ahead of Higgins.  I wouldn't even be surprised if Higgins outscores Boyd next season and is Cincy's #1 most valued target.

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, kdko said:

Crazy.  I welcome people taking him ahead of Higgins.  I wouldn't even be surprised if Higgins outscores Boyd next season and is Cincy's #1 most valued target.

I agree. Another 90 yard game and he eclipses a thousand, whose to say if Burrow didn’t go down he doesn’t hit 1200 and 8-10 TD’s. That’s a phenomenal rookie season and so under the radar. Also Higgins has already out scored Boyd this season in my full PPR by 4.. I know Boyd didn’t play this past game but Higgins didn’t play the first game.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Godeep said:

Higgins had a great rookie year, with Burrow healthy again next year, I’m going to try to draft this kid again, I wonder what his final stats would have looked like if his QB never got hurt. After Burrow went down I had to drop him as he wasn’t as trustworthy anymore. Can’t wait to see what he does next season. 

In one of the FantasyPros Primer articles before the Burrow injury, the blurb for Higgins said he was on pace for a full season stat line of about 1300 yards and I think 8-10 TDs, and that it was comparable to Godwin's 2019 stats.  I may be off on the TDs but I definitely remember reading that for the yards.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ZappB said:

In one of the FantasyPros Primer articles before the Burrow injury, the blurb for Higgins said he was on pace for a full season stat line of about 1300 yards and I think 8-10 TDs, and that it was comparable to Godwin's 2019 stats.  I may be off on the TDs but I definitely remember reading that for the yards.  

His first 8 games (week 2-10) he had around 600 yd and 4 TD; that included 2 100+ yd games. 

As he'd already missed the first week I find 1300 somewhat optimistic, but it wouldn't have been impossible of course.

16 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

His first 8 games (week 2-10) he had around 600 yd and 4 TD; that included 2 100+ yd games. 

As he'd already missed the first week I find 1300 somewhat optimistic, but it wouldn't have been impossible of course.

It was prorated to a full season as a starter.  Regardless, I found the actual blurb from the Week 11 Primer:

Tee Higgins: Can I ask you a question? Would you have started Chris Godwin in every game last season? The answer is obviously yes, but I’m sure you’re asking, “Mike, what does that have to do with Higgins? Follow me here. Since joining the starting lineup in Week 3, Higgins has totaled 37 receptions, 568 yards, and four touchdowns. Over a 16-game season, that would be 85 receptions, 1,298 yards, and nine touchdowns. Godwin finished with 86 receptions, 1,333 yards, and nine touchdowns in 2019. Crazy, right? Higgins is an every-week starter. The matchup this week is one of the tougher ones in football. Even though they allowed two top-30 wide receivers last week, Washington ranks as the second-toughest matchup for wide receivers this season, allowing just 27.8 PPR points per game to them. They’re one of just three teams who’ve held opposing receivers under 31.1 points per game (the others are the Rams and Bears). It certainly helps that they’ve only had to face 145 targets on the season, which amounts to just 16.1 targets per game. Meanwhile, the Bengals have targeted receivers a massive 27.9 times per game, so there’s certainly a clash of trends. The 8.40 yards per target they’ve allowed to receivers ranks as the 14th-most in football, so it’s not a must avoid matchup like some might think. Still, they’ve allowed just two receivers finish better than the WR22 this year, which means he may not have the highest ceiling. He should still be in lineups as a low-end WR2 at least.

https://www.fantasypros.com/2020/11/the-primer-week-11-edition-2020-fantasy-football/#cin-was

On 12/29/2020 at 12:45 PM, Chippa said:

Would you rank him higher than a guy like Sutton in '21? Seems like Higgins in his 1st year had just as good a year as Sutton did in his 2nd. 

1 hour ago, OrangeCrush said:

Would you rank him higher than a guy like Sutton in '21? Seems like Higgins in his 1st year had just as good a year as Sutton did in his 2nd. 

I love higgins next season. I think he’s going to be ranked below Sutton and Claypool. If Burrow stays healthy, Higgins can put up top 10 numbers

• Like 3

Bengals have to be taking the best available OT right? They just got their franchise QB bludgeoned and injured with that line. Just hoping they don’t take a WR as so many mocks have them slotted to do. 

6 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Bengals have to be taking the best available OT right? They just got their franchise QB bludgeoned and injured with that line. Just hoping they don’t take a WR as so many mocks have them slotted to do. 

Guard is more of an issue for them than Tackle. The tackles were bad, but the guards were straight up bottom of the barrel.

I already know the team said they're gonna spend money in FA for a guard. A legit one.

So I wouldnt be surprised if they grab a WR. I'd hate that move TBH

Best case scenario is they grab a FA number 3 WR, and a big free agent Guard, and take Sewell if he should fall to them at number 5

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Guard is more of an issue for them than Tackle. The tackles were bad, but the guards were straight up bottom of the barrel.

I already know the team said they're gonna spend money in FA for a guard. A legit one.

Best case scenario is they grab a FA number 3 WR, and a big free agent Guard, and take Sewell if he should fall to them at number 5

I agree I’m hoping for Sewell to be there at 5. Worst case scenario for Tee they take Chase and this suddenly gets crowded. If they don’t go WR sky’s the limit for Higgins 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Agholor land in Cincy after his year in LV.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, kdko said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Agholor land in Cincy after his year in LV.

they need a downfield burner so Agholor would be nice. But they're gonna go for the cheapest decent FA receiver available. They just need that guy to be the 3 behind Boyd and Higgins

Edited by Chippa
On 12/29/2020 at 2:52 AM, kdko said:

promising young QB's (i'm not worried about his injury),

Maybe you should be. I think this was also posted in the Burrow thread, but his recovery may take all of 2021.

12 hours ago, CroNY said:

I agree I’m hoping for Sewell to be there at 5. Worst case scenario for Tee they take Chase and this suddenly gets crowded. If they don’t go WR sky’s the limit for Higgins 

Crowded how?

Bye bye AJ and Boyd.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Crowded how?

Bye bye AJ and Boyd.

Boyd is gone? wasn't informed in regards to his contract situation. Aware of AJ obviously, thanks for the update.

Edited by CroNY
25 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

They would cut him for the cheaper option if they drafted a WR.

Boyd not worth 8 million a year.

👍

Not sure if it is smart to get rid of a receiver your young franchise QB already has good raport with and is an excellent slot receiver.

Is he worth 8 Mio a year? Probably not. Is it worth cutting him with the above and the cap hit of 4 mio next year? I don't think so.

If possible draft Sewell, add a Guard via free agency (don't know anything about OLine, so don't know how the guard market is this year) and then sign a solid third receiver. Not sure what he would want, but I really like Curtis Samuel. Solid #3 receiver and gives you some gadget play options.

34 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

Not sure if it is smart to get rid of a receiver your young franchise QB already has good raport with and is an excellent slot receiver.

Is he worth 8 Mio a year? Probably not. Is it worth cutting him with the above and the cap hit of 4 mio next year? I don't think so.

If possible draft Sewell, add a Guard via free agency (don't know anything about OLine, so don't know how the guard market is this year) and then sign a solid third receiver. Not sure what he would want, but I really like Curtis Samuel. Solid #3 receiver and gives you some gadget play options.

This was all speculation based off of bengals taking Jamar Chase (who has history with Burrow) vs beefing up the OLine.

I think they should keep Boyd and draft an OL but it wouldnt surprise anyone to see the Bungles take Jamar Chase, in which case Boyd and his contract would become expendable.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

👍

53 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

This was all speculation based off of bengals taking Jamar Chase (who has history with Burrow) vs beefing up the OLine.

I think they should keep Boyd and draft an OL but it wouldnt surprise anyone to see the Bungles take Jamar Chase, in which case Boyd and his contract would become expendable.

I don't see how they cut a proven WR2 like Boyd who could be a #1.  Unless they want Tee to assume that role.  Wouldn't it make sense to have two star WRs and then develop a rook?  Look at the Rams (however I don't think Woods and Kupp are worth nearly the ridiculous amounts they are paid) and the Bucs (who essentially have three guys who are #1s, or at least have been in the past).  I don't think $8M these days for a WR is a lot.

I've read in a few places that next year, Tee Higgins will be a "league winner".  I'm as much of a supporter of Tee as anyone, and I have an interest since he's a potential keeper pick for me next year.  But really?  League winner?  In the same sentence where he's being described as a good WR2?  He's not going to be a free pickup or drafted in the 12th round.  How can he be a league winner?  Now if you pick him up in the 5th or 6th, and he ends up becoming a top 5 WR, sure, I get it.  But if he's a WR2?  How is that by any definition a league winner?

• Like 2
23 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

👍

Not worth $8 MM per year??? Is this take from 2014?

I think you need to revisit abd look at what WRs get paid... 7 WR have a cap number $15 MM or more in 2020 and 31 WRs are $8 MM or higher...

Existing contracts for 2021 there are 30 slated to make $8 MM or more (10 are 15+), and that's before free agency hits.

• Like 1