NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tee Higgins 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

All right, I'm in. Not super-stoked by the matchups coming up, but he may get rolled out this week if the Titans are off again. Can somebody give me a quick run-down of this guy? A quick glance at the thread tells me he's slow and drops the ball a lot, but is heavily involved 😃.

Not to oversimplify, but this pretty much sums it up. He wasn't known to have bad hands so I don't think drops will continue to be an issue moving forward, but he looks SLOW out there. You'd honestly think he was a TE. Now he's a big body who can catch contested balls, and most importantly he's getting a lot of looks. 

But I guess ultimately my point is this isn't gonna be one of those fantasy breakout stars. Wouldn't shock me if he was a low-end WR2 ROS, but he doesn't have the highest ceiling. 

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sooo does that salty aj green owner show his face in our thread again or is that the last time we hear from him 😂

C’mon.  AJ is a ‘92 Honda Accord.  And not a DX.  He’s an EX, with the leather, high end trim package, rims, sunroof, 6 disc changer.  240,000 miles and two hailstorms ago he was a sweet ride.  But sa

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, pierceNKC said:

Big game coming today. Book it.

Hope so man. Gotta plug him in due to all the injuries/postponements. 

He's definitely trending in the right direction. Burrow seems to be looking for him quite a bit as Green seems to be fading. 

Big question is who will Peters be on today? 

Higgins didn't play much in Week 1 and seemed eased in a bit more in Week 2. Not entirely sure why. Could be because he's a rookie and there was no pre-season and a weird offseason (and he did miss some time in training camp with an injury). The last two weeks he's been a starter. That not a ton of sample size, but here are the stats:

Edited by Jericho
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Jericho said:

Higgins didn't play much in Week 1 and seemed eased in a bit more in Week 2. Not entirely sure why. Could be because he's a rookie and there was no pre-season and a weird offseason. The last two weeks he's been a starter. That not a ton of sample size, but here are the stats:

Higgins played 15 snaps week 1 because he was dealing with a hamstring injury most of training camp.

43 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Higgins played 15 snaps week 1 because he was dealing with a hamstring injury most of training camp.

I think I edited my post at the same time you were posting this. So yeah, the injury seemed to be the likely main cause

Tough game for the whole offense with Burrow under 200 yards with no TDs, but Higgins still led the team in receiving yards and tied for the lead in targets with Mixon at 8. This really comes down to the offense as a whole imo, he's only a WR3 if they struggle like today, but he's getting consistent usage and could easily turn into a WR2 if Burrow improves throughout the season. 4 for 62 isn't winning any week 5 games but he has 6, 9, 7, and 8 targets in the last four games and I would feel OK about starting him in the right matchup

Don’t know that it’s Burrow that needs to improve, I think he is doing well considering how terrible the line is.  Seems like if he isn’t under pressure then there is an offensive hold or false start (from the line).  Until that line improves, going to be tough sledding for Bengals.

Looking like the #1 in the offense in AJ Green's former role.  On ateam with a terrible defense, usually playing from behind, this is an amazing position for Higgins.  

The opportunity is all there.  Let's see if he has the talent.  

• Like 4

4-60 in a tough as nails matchup and Cincy looking like crap is good news for him...and AJ Green looks officially cooked now with another lower body injury...

Unfortunately, Browns Steelers and Ravens 6x is so brutal for fantasy production...he legit has WR1 upside as the red zone preferred target, if Burrow can continue to improve lol

• Like 3

His air yards are really good, but anyone else think he's inefficient? Part of me thinks so, and also part of me thinks that he has some uncatchable balls. I can see a path to WR1 if he's a preferred end zone target, but trying to temper expectations to thinking he's a bench stash right now vs WR3?

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

His air yards are really good, but anyone else think he's inefficient? Part of me thinks so, and also part of me thinks that he has some uncatchable balls. I can see a path to WR1 if he's a preferred end zone target, but trying to temper expectations to thinking he's a bench stash right now vs WR3?

He's what AJ Green should be right now. His path to WR1 for the Bungals is wide open. He could be a reliable WR2 ROS but that's really going to depend on how the O-line holds up. WR3, is more likely though since Burrow gets pressured so much and a lot gets funneled to Boyd because of it.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

His air yards are really good, but anyone else think the entire Bengal's offense is producing inefficiently? Part of me thinks so, and also part of me thinks that he has some uncatchable balls. I can see a path to WR1 if he's a preferred end zone target, but trying to temper expectations to thinking he's a bench stash right now vs WR3?

Fixed it for ya. And to answer that, yes I do. Not New York football inefficiency... but still very much so. 

Edited by next big thing cp84

Now is a good time to acquire Tee Higgins. He missed out on some sweet garbage time stats last week when they decided to run Mixon at the end of the game to close it out. AJ Green is hurt so he should see plenty of targets going forward, his value is only going to increase. They also play Dallas in week 14 which is a dream matchup in the playoffs, Pittsburgh week 15 though.

On 10/13/2020 at 10:52 AM, next big thing cp84 said:

Fixed it for ya. And to answer that, yes I do. Not New York football inefficiency... but still very much so. 

As a Browns fan, let me just say that that may be the most amazing football chart that I have ever seen.

3 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Yeah, I don't know man. As a WR2 I'd have to bench him this weekend for better options. 

I like him long term though, no doubt. He's become Burrow's go to guy. 

I think his floor is solidified at the moment...3-50 or 4-60 looks like the floor.