NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Laviska Shenault 2020 Outlook

The G Man

The kid has a bright future and his dynasty arrow is pointing up but in this offense Chark is the daddy and Shenault is relegated to carrying his bags, like most rookies.  Don't know if there's enough out of Minshew here to support a second option as a viable week-in-week-out start.

I've dropped some shares, not because I expected him to be a WR1 stud, but because the Jags just look so awful.  Minshew wouldn't be a starting QB on most teams, they've just got nothing better.  Not going to play roulette between Chark, Laviska, and now Keelan Cole.  There's not enough to go around.  He might have a great overall skillset as an offensive weapon, but they're just not featuring him.

I'd rather have Fulgham or Tim Patrick over him right now.  And of course, AB!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Anyone else thinking about rolling him out today? He's due for a big game IMO. Could it be today?

I’ve been burned twice each time I’ve put him in, so he Shenault start for me until I see more consistency, a higher ceiling, and more regular usage.

• Like 1

I've moved on.  Minshew is terrible and Mike Glennon is even worse.  Can't expect much from this team other than a heavy dose of James Robinson.  The Tank for Trevor chants are going to be building...

• 2 weeks later...

Are people still holding in keeper leagues, or does he figure to still be cheap to acquire at draft again next year?

What about keeper leagues where he can be kept for dirt cheap? Like 2% of auction cheap. 

I guess a lot will depend on who is at QB, and the jags are still technically in the running for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.  I'd like to drop him for the extra roster spot heading into playoffs but there seems to be a lot of variability in possible outcomes for him next year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...