Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Laviska Shenault 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Keenan McCardell (WR Coach)

 

“I see a lot of power—strong runner after the catch. You know, he reminds me a little bit of Anquan Boldin after the catch, the way he gets in and out, the way he breaks his tackles, on film I saw that." McCardell said.

"Now, being up close with him, he has that power of Andre Johnson," McCardell said.

"You know, I hold Andre in high regards, that’s my guy, we’re good friends. But I’ve also seen him [Shenault] work every day. I see the power that he has, he kind of reminds me a little bit of Andre, he has that type of power. And I don’t want to put those shoes out there for him because those are some huge shoes to fill, but you know, he has that type of body type."

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't own Shenault but figured I would pass this along to you guys from Gruden's press conference today regarding him:   Gruden on Shenault, who had five receptions for 86 yards against the B

Starting a rookie Jaguars "gadget" WR on Thursday Night Football so I can either crow or vent about it after is why I play fantasy football.

higher than zero chance? Lol thanks Nostradamus 

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Keenan McCardell (WR Coach)

 

“I see a lot of power—strong runner after the catch. You know, he reminds me a little bit of Anquan Boldin after the catch, the way he gets in and out, the way he breaks his tackles, on film I saw that." McCardell said.

"Now, being up close with him, he has that power of Andre Johnson," McCardell said.

"You know, I hold Andre in high regards, that’s my guy, we’re good friends. But I’ve also seen him [Shenault] work every day. I see the power that he has, he kind of reminds me a little bit of Andre, he has that type of power. And I don’t want to put those shoes out there for him because those are some huge shoes to fill, but you know, he has that type of body type."

 

Just. Stay. Healthy.

 

Jags offense is gonna be pretty good, the defense will be atrocious. Perfect recipe for fantasy goodness.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

He looked Huge compared to that DB.

Very nice.

 

let's just say press coverage should be an advantage here, ya know?

Gruden's gonna have alotta fun with this kid, methinks ... he's a destitute man's Shanny/Reid/McVay/Payton - fancies himself an offensive savant of some sort ... we know those types LOVE to prove they're smarter than anyone else in the room ... he just might force feed this kid to ram that home ... don't think ya can get too "cute" with a powerful cat like this  - gadget, shmadget - i think of guys like Leon "X-Ray" McQuay when i hear "gadget" ... Shenault is a rb wrapped in a wr disguised as a wildcat qb. 

hi there 👏

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

let's just say press coverage should be an advantage here, ya know?

Gruden's gonna have alotta fun with this kid, methinks ... he's a destitute man's Shanny/Reid/McVay/Payton - fancies himself an offensive savant of some sort ... we know those types LOVE to prove they're smarter than anyone else in the room ... he just might force feed this kid to ram that home ... don't think ya can get too "cute" with a powerful cat like this  - gadget, shmadget - i think of guys like Leon "X-Ray" McQuay when i hear "gadget" ... Shenault is a rb wrapped in a wr disguised as a wildcat qb. 

hi there 👏

 

Yes, if you saw him play at Colorado that's exactly what he looked like. He is a hybrid player.

 

As to Gruden, you know he thinks he is an offensive genius and he very well could be. He bombed as head coach of Washington but his offense in Cinncinati had some very relevant fantasy players. Not to derail the thread but Grudens offenses in Cinncinati generally made a few guys relevant. He was OC from 2011-2013

 

His first year his offense produced:

Dalton - 300/516 for 3,398, 20 TDs and 13 INT

Cedric Benson - 273/1,067/6 and 15 catches for 82

AJ Green as a rookie - 65/1,057/7 and 5 for 53 rushing

Jermain Gresham - 56/596/6

 

His 2nd year as OC:

Dalton - 329/528 for 3,669yds 27 TDs and 16 INT. 47 rushes for 120 and 4 TDd

Benjarvus Green Ellis - 278/1,094/6 with 22 catches for 104

AJ Green - 97/1,350/11

Gresham - 64/737/5

 

2013 Grudens 3rd season as OC and the season that landed him the head coaching job at Washington:

Dalton - 363/586/4,293. 33 TDs to 20 INT. 61 rushes for 183 and 2 TDd

BGE - 220/756/7

Gio (rookie) - 170/695/5 with 56/514/3

Gresham and rookie Tyler Eifert combined for - 85/900/6

 

 

That's a lot to take in but I noticed a few things. The TE useage increased every single year and the best year was 2013 when Eifert arrived. Eifert is now the lone TE in JAX with Gruden.

 

Gruden had Cedric Benson, BGE, and Gio Bernard. He didn't use Benson or BGE as pass catchers but when he got rookie Gio in 2013 he did. Gio had 71 targets and 120 rushes as a rookie a d he had to split with BGE. James Robinson is now the starter for Gruden and is a rookie but doesn't have many backs to share reps with.

 

Gruden peppered AJ green every year after his rookie season, 90+ catches 1,300+ yards and double digits TDs in back to back years. This bodes well for DJ Chark.

 

Andy Dalton got statistically better every single year and was used more than I thought as a rusher. This should bode very well for Gardner Minshew who has some wheels and toughness.

 

This does not exactly show how a guy like Shenault fits into the Gruden offense BUT AJ Green was a rookie in Grudens 1st year and he had 65 for 1,000/7 and 5 rushes for 53 yards. I think if Shenault stays healthy most the season he could have similar numbers. Maybe a little less receiving yards and a few more rushing yards? Like 800 receiving and 200-300 rushing with 7 total TDs?

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Yes, if you saw him play at Colorado that's exactly what he looked like. He is a hybrid player.

 

As to Gruden, you know he thinks he is an offensive genius and he very well could be. He bombed as head coach of Washington but his offense in Cinncinati had some very relevant fantasy players. Not to derail the thread but Grudens offenses in Cinncinati generally made a few guys relevant. He was OC from 2011-2013

 

His first year his offense produced:

Dalton - 300/516 for 3,398, 20 TDs and 13 INT

Cedric Benson - 273/1,067/6 and 15 catches for 82

AJ Green as a rookie - 65/1,057/7 and 5 for 53 rushing

Jermain Gresham - 56/596/6

 

His 2nd year as OC:

Dalton - 329/528 for 3,669yds 27 TDs and 16 INT. 47 rushes for 120 and 4 TDd

Benjarvus Green Ellis - 278/1,094/6 with 22 catches for 104

AJ Green - 97/1,350/11

Gresham - 64/737/5

 

2013 Grudens 3rd season as OC and the season that landed him the head coaching job at Washington:

Dalton - 363/586/4,293. 33 TDs to 20 INT. 61 rushes for 183 and 2 TDd

BGE - 220/756/7

Gio (rookie) - 170/695/5 with 56/514/3

Gresham and rookie Tyler Eifert combined for - 85/900/6

 

 

That's a lot to take in but I noticed a few things. The TE useage increased every single year and the best year was 2013 when Eifert arrived. Eifert is now the lone TE in JAX with Gruden.

 

Gruden had Cedric Benson, BGE, and Gio Bernard. He didn't use Benson or BGE as pass catchers but when he got rookie Gio in 2013 he did. Gio had 71 targets and 120 rushes as a rookie a d he had to split with BGE. James Robinson is now the starter for Gruden and is a rookie but doesn't have many backs to share reps with.

 

Gruden peppered AJ green every year after his rookie season, 90+ catches 1,300+ yards and double digits TDs in back to back years. This bodes well for DJ Chark.

 

Andy Dalton got statistically better every single year and was used more than I thought as a rusher. This should bode very well for Gardner Minshew who has some wheels and toughness.

 

This does not exactly show how a guy like Shenault fits into the Gruden offense BUT AJ Green was a rookie in Grudens 1st year and he had 65 for 1,000/7 and 5 rushes for 53 yards. I think if Shenault stays healthy most the season he could have similar numbers. Maybe a little less receiving yards and a few more rushing yards? Like 800 receiving and 200-300 rushing with 7 total TDs?

 

 


im curious why Laviska is getting all the hype. With your stats, it tells me DJ Chark is going to enter top 5 territory with Laviska being a solid WR2

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:


im curious why Laviska is getting all the hype. With your stats, it tells me DJ Chark is going to enter top 5 territory with Laviska being a solid WR2

nothing wrong with a solid WR2?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:


im curious why Laviska is getting all the hype. With your stats, it tells me DJ Chark is going to enter top 5 territory with Laviska being a solid WR2

 

For a rookie WR that is good, no?

 

I broke down a lot of stats and so take from that what you will.

 

Is Chark not appropriately priced? He is drafted WAAAAAY ahead of Shenault and rightfully so.

 

The hype comes from Shenault being so easy to acquire at a cheap price and his YAC ability. Chark isn't getting as much hype cause everyone expects him to be a 1,000 yard receiver with 10 TDs and is being drafted as such.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thefranchise3 said:

I don't think 1000 total yards and 6 TDs is out of the realm of possibility. I can see something along the lines of 55 rec, 750 yards, along with 250 yards rushing with 6 combined TDs. Puts him right around WR30. That's a very useful fantasy piece as a rookie.

Wow..these projections are getting me excited!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:


im curious why Laviska is getting all the hype. With your stats, it tells me DJ Chark is going to enter top 5 territory with Laviska being a solid WR2

For some reason, everyone is sleeping on Chark.  Guys like Sutton and McLaurin are getting love, as they should, but I like Chark better than pretty much everyone else in his draft range.

He's due for a big year.

But Shenault could be a sneaky rop 5 rookie too.

I'm big on both

Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn you all, all this hype makes me want to grab this kid off the WW.  Great another add-drop decision to make haha. I'll wait and see what he does tomorrow before anything. He's been on my watchlist since the beginning tho 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Damn you all, all this hype makes me want to grab this kid off the WW.  Great another add-drop decision to make haha. I'll wait and see what he does tomorrow before anything. He's been on my watchlist since the beginning tho 

If he blows up you won't get him. Shark move is to get these guys now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

If he blows up you won't get him. Shark move is to get these guys now. 

 

Nature of the beast huh, my leagues are all FAAB tho. I can still get him if that does happen, just at an inflated price. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

For a rookie WR that is good, no?

 

I broke down a lot of stats and so take from that what you will.

 

Is Chark not appropriately priced? He is drafted WAAAAAY ahead of Shenault and rightfully so.

 

The hype comes from Shenault being so easy to acquire at a cheap price and his YAC ability. Chark isn't getting as much hype cause everyone expects him to be a 1,000 yard receiver with 10 TDs and is being drafted as such.


I should of been more clear. I don’t think Laviska will finish that high due to Chark.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I added Shenault yesterday in a league for the last spot on my bench and want to see how he is used for the first game or 2.  The Jaguars should be chasing points a lot this year so he should be useful as at least a flex player but you never know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

 

Nature of the beast huh, my leagues are all FAAB tho. I can still get him if that does happen, just at an inflated price. 

worth the early season gamble. There has to be someone you can sacrifice to the ww without it hurting too much

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nguvocity said:


im curious why Laviska is getting all the hype. With your stats, it tells me DJ Chark is going to enter top 5 territory with Laviska being a solid WR2

 

a solid wr2 or even wr3 for a guy most drafted late or got off the ww for free isn't bad at all. DJ chark will likely continue his run from last year but the opportunity is there for Shenault and comes at minimal to zero cost

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Damn you all, all this hype makes me want to grab this kid off the WW.  Great another add-drop decision to make haha. I'll wait and see what he does tomorrow before anything. He's been on my watchlist since the beginning tho 

We can both just wait for Kenny G to be out then we can IR him and pick up this cat. That’s what I’m doing anyways, just to see what happens 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Breesus said:

We can both just wait for Kenny G to be out then we can IR him and pick up this cat. That’s what I’m doing anyways, just to see what happens 

 

Yes sir, that's the plan. 🤙🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites

I read most of the replies, I have two comments: 1) Have you EVER heard a coach, or a position coach, NOT heap praise on any player on their team? Or downgrade a player? EVERY coach will say their guy is a potential All-Pro.  2) With WR's, TODAY, it's all about separation, that's why the ones NE got last year sucked - (and Brady could not move around near enough to buy more time). Speed isn't everything, especially today, when the CB's have speed as well.   PS - OTOH Jax will be behind all season and do nothing but pass, and with their injury history at WR, Shenaut will get a decent shot.

Edited by LookeeHereKeith
add PS:
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...