NBC Sports Edge Forums

Matt Breida 2020 Outlook

23 minutes ago, A27K said:

I don't understand why. Gaskin has produced good value and I'm sure Breida will return the same totals if not more while they try to bring Tua along. Plus he's always been an undervalued PPR back when he played.

yeah I agree. Gaskin has been remarkably consistent in PPR. If Breida can give 75% of that production he will be useful as a bye/injury replacement. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matt Breida (Q*)

They told Matt Breida he is the new RB1 in Miami and instantly got hurt...  

24 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Howard is much better suited to be a main back than Breida. Neither are very good. And after Tua's performance last week I think you have to downgrade just about all of Miami's offensive players. 

Howard can’t even crack the game day active roster.  Dude is noticeably slower (if possible) and would be terrible behind that O-Line.  He also has stone hands and simply doesn’t fit their style.  The only thing he could handle on this team is a beating but there is zero chance he could be successful in this offense.

Beatwriters are screaming for more speed and more involvement from Breida and he is a very good receiver.  Now, the limitations of the O-line will suppress anyone’s YPC on this team but what Breida gives you is speed and playmaking ability in the open field.  He also showed home run ability in SF.  My only reservation about him is his health risk.

Gaskins has been fine for them but outside of volume, dude is quite mediocre and if Breida stays healthy, wouldn’t be surprised one bit to see him outperform Gaskin if given a legitimate shot.

I've always been high on Breida. I like his skill set in the right offense. I'm in Kittle crisis mode and don't know if I can afford to add him though. Miami having so many SOMETIMES successful running backs is confusing. All of them have looked like starters before. I think this backfield is a good example of how real and fantasy football are both changing in the NFL

Are people not jumping on this train because why? Starting rb used to get pimped when he was a niner now thrust back into action.. im legitimately concerned gaskins is an after thought in 3 weeks...he was solid but never looked beastly... breida has looked beastly in stretches previous years

9 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Played on one of, if not the best rushing teams in the league.

SF can certainly run the ball as well as anybody, but at the same time Coleman's YPC was 4.0 on 130+ carries, so it also makes the point invalid if you're saying anybody can run there.

39 minutes ago, SportsBrain said:

SF can certainly run the ball as well as anybody, but at the same time Coleman's YPC was 4.0 on 130+ carries, so it also makes the point invalid if you're saying anybody can run there.

I think Coleman sucks, but I also think Breida's ypc was greatly boosted by that offense. You can see in his highlights he's very dangerous if you block for him and give him lanes. He's not very dangerous if he has to shed any tackles to find daylight. I think it'll be a lot of the latter in Miami, but he's a great pass catcher so I think that's where he can do the most damage. There's definitely some value there as a short-term plug-in at least in deeper leagues. 

7 hours ago, TonyRomo said:

How soon people forget Breida’s 2019 5.1 YPC..

Breida has talent. Breida should be picked up everywhere, but it seems as if everyone that runs behind that San Fran O-Line becomes productive. Also, lets not forget that this guy gets an injury designation just for being sneezed on (before COVID lol). Because of this, I would keep a close eye on Howard and try to pick up both where possible. 

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

Breida has talent. Breida should be picked up everywhere, but it seems as if everyone that runs behind that San Fran O-Line becomes productive. Also, lets not forget that this guy gets an injury designation just for being sneezed on (before COVID lol). Because of this, I would keep a close eye on Howard and try to pick up both where possible. 

I've been a Howard supporter since he came into the league, but after seeing him in the first couple of games this season I want nothing to do with him. He's just, well...bad. 

If anything happens to Brieda, I'd sooner take a flier on Washington. 

JMHO...

• Like 1

So we assume Jordan Howard would be relevant if Breida's injury is serious? I'd like to think even a DeAndre Washington with no grasp of a playbook would still be more effective.

Malcolm Perry had a carry (-5) and a 10 yard reception.

Edited by A27K
4 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Let me guess, he has an ankle injury.  Every year with this guy.

He hadn’t been hurt this year, but obviously had a minimal role (4-6) touches only/week.

2 minutes ago, A27K said:

So we assume Jordan Howard would be relevant if Breida's injury is serious? I'd like to think even a DeAndre Washington with no grasp of a playbook would still be more effective.

We aren’t even sure he has an injury. He’s not at practice, and it’s Wednesday.

9 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I heard his ankle preemptively snapped on its own at the thought of a heavier workload. 

So 2020, what a dumpster fire. But we have a season in a pandemic🤷‍♂️.. Howard, Laird only other RB’s playable Sunday. Hope there’s an explanation, other than injury.

• Like 1