Matt Breida 2020 Outlook

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matt Breida (Q*)

They told Matt Breida he is the new RB1 in Miami and instantly got hurt...  

9 hours ago, SportsBrain said:

Understand this year’s sample size is meaningless. You can’t get any meaningful data off 37 attempts across 7 games. Just a nonsense sample that means nothing since he’s barely been used. 

You understand what I'm trying to say, but you don't want to believe that your new, free toy won't produce on this team that is bad at run blocking.

Team total 3.6YP. (31st) This includes Fitz at 5.4YP which inflates the number as he scrambles for big gains when teams are in man. No RB over 4YP

Team total 98YPG (28th)

Seven games played, 190ATT. Large enough sample size to say they can't run the ball. More proof.....

https://www.ftnfantasy.com/ol-dl-offense

Even if he's as good as people think good RBs can't do anything behind a garbage line. Barkely and Zeke now are prime examples. 

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

You understand what I'm trying to say, but you don't want to believe that your new, free toy won't produce on this team that is bad at run blocking.

Team total 3.6YP. (31st) This includes Fitz at 5.4YP which inflates the number as he scrambles for big gains when teams are in man. No RB over 4YP

Team total 98YPG (28th)

Seven games played, 190ATT. Large enough sample size to say they can't run the ball. More proof.....

Even if he's as good as people think good RBs can't do anything behind a garbage line. Barkely and Zeke now are prime examples. 

But from a fantasy perspective Gaskin had double digit PPR points in five of his seven games, so why is it unreasonable to think Breida can do at least as well given the same volume, or even better for those of us who think he’s more talented than Gaskin?

Of course, that all hinges on Breida being healthy, which is always the biggest question mark with him. But if he is, there’s def some potential fantasy value to be had here. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, iamkoza said:

this explains why gaskin's snap count was so high on sunday and why they traded for a RB. breida's hamstring injury isnt minor. now who is going to get 15 carries and are they worth starting even if you are desperate at rb?

Looks like Jordan Howard by default.

5 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

how and when did this dude get hurt? all this hamstring stuff suddenly appeared out of nowhere right after notification of the  gaskin injury.

What are the odds?

Breida has always gotten hurt when he has the opportunity to be a starter dating back to when he was with the 49ers.  What else is new.

33 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Breida shunned at the idea of more touches and got hurt. This guy can’t stay healthy..

I feel like we've been here before....a lot. On a positive note, he has somehow defied the odds in the past and played when it looked like he wouldn't. On the flipside, he seemed to always exit early or get nicked up again. This is going to be a weekly thing. Have fun.

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

I feel like we've been here before....a lot. On a positive note, he has somehow defied the odds in the past and played when it looked like he wouldn't. On the flipside, he seemed to always exit early or get nicked up again. This is going to be a weekly thing. Have fun.

Unfortunately yeah. I’d rather not further risk it on a guy who might leave early when I am already taking a risk on putting him in my lineup. Gotta love Fantasy amirite?

• Like 1

Picked him up.

He has the potential to be a starting RB the next couple weeks so there's value there. Playing keep away from opponent for now as well.

That said, if he's inactive due to injury come Sunday I'm dumping him. 

3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Picked him up.

He has the potential to be a starting RB the next couple weeks so there's value there. Playing keep away from opponent for now as well.

That said, if he's inactive due to injury come Sunday I'm dumping him. 

lol same thing here. Opponent needs a plug and play RB badly and I'm solid there. Will hold on my bench and dump if he's not playing 

3 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

lol same thing here. Opponent needs a plug and play RB badly and I'm solid there. Will hold on my bench and dump if he's not playing 

That was the main reason I picked him up, but I'm beginning to think we're better off leaving him out there for our opponents. There's better plug & play options for my opponent but I'd prefer he plays Mr Glass Breida with a bum hammy

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, owenmills said:

That was the main reason I picked him up, but I'm beginning to think we're better off leaving him out there for our opponents. There's better plug & play options for my opponent but I'd prefer he plays Mr Glass Breida with a bum hammy

Leaving Breida on the waivers and letting someone else pick him up and start him (if active) is the contrarian but smart play.

Dolphins offense looked rough, conservative and out of sync last week despite a favorable game script thanks to the D/ST.

Tua will have a fun career however long it lasts, but right now he's too green and Flores isn't going to suddenly make Breida or Howard et. al a featured back.

This has ugly and underwhelming RBBC written all over it in a game that will be less about what the offense does as what the emerging D can handle vs. a fresh off the bye Kyler Murray. Either the Dolphins stop Kyler and squeak by with Tua, or they'll be playing desperate catchup to the Cardinals runaway offense.

3 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Team total 98YPG (28th)

Seems you are upset because your logic isn't tying out- you first brought up how he was only good on SF cause they can run the ball well(yet a poor runner like Coleman couldn't do well there which proves you still need talent even on a good team).

You then brought up Breida's 3.5ypc in a meaningless sample, which anybody that knows stats, will tell you that you also can't use to prove your point.

Now, on your 3rd attempt, you are making more sense- the Dolphins are not great at running the ball.  Nobody will debate that, and you should have started with that point.  With that said, fantasy and YPC don't always tie out and what others have mentioned about Gaskins having value explains this.  You also bringing up that he's "my new toy", has nothing to do with this- I own him in one of 4 leagues and don't plan on using him.  But people discuss guys like this because they are DESPERATE for value at the RB position and yes Breida, although injury prone, has shown when healthy and given opportunities can actually produce a bit.  Is anybody saying he's a RB1?  A guaranteed lock to produce? Nope, and it's amazing so many people need this fully explained.  Play in a 12-14 team league where half the RBs are hurt or terrible, and he is very relevant given health. 

Edited by SportsBrain
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, rxn said:

Matt Breida = Carlos Hyde

This is what I said earlier and my comment got deleted. Crazy stuff.. not sure how we can use any option in this backfield.

This is Carlos Hyde waiver all over again. Many people paid or put in the claim for Hyde only to have him sit and now Breida is doing his best impression. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, SportsBrain said:

Seems you are upset because your logic isn't tying out- you first brought up how he was only good on SF cause they can run the ball well(yet a poor runner like Coleman couldn't do well there which proves you still need talent even on a good team).

You then brought up Breida's 3.5ypc in a meaningless sample, which anybody that knows stats, will tell you that you also can't use to prove your point.

Now, on your 3rd attempt, you are making more sense- the Dolphins are not great at running the ball.  Nobody will debate that, and you should have started with that point.  With that said, fantasy and YPC don't always tie out and what others have mentioned about Gaskins having value explains this.  You also bringing up that he's "my new toy", has nothing to do with this- I own him in one of 4 leagues and don't plan on using him.  But people discuss guys like this because they are DESPERATE for value at the RB position and yes Breida, although injury prone, has shown when healthy and given opportunities can actually produce a bit.  Is anybody saying he's a RB1?  A guaranteed lock to produce? Nope, and it's amazing so many people need this fully explained.  Play in a 12-14 team league where half the RBs are hurt or terrible, and he is very relevant given health. 

I responded to........

On 11/4/2020 at 2:14 AM, TonyRomo said:

How soon people forget Breida’s 2019 5.1 YPC..

with.....

On 11/4/2020 at 8:18 AM, this guy right here said:

Played on one of, if not the best rushing teams in the league.

Derrick Henry - 4.8YPC

Zeke - 4.0YPC

Coleman at 4.0 proves SF elevates production....yet you somehow believe it supports your argument they don't. INSANE! Coleman would be LUCKY to sniff 4.0 on most teams. Myles Gaskin has a 3.9.....behind a bottom three O-line...the guy who plays OVER BREIDA. Saquan Barkley can't get yards behind a poor line. This dude can't either.

You assumed I thought Breida is no good. WRONG. 

Just pointed out that his 5.1 last year on SF (stat used to prove how good he is) isn't enough to suggest him playing for MIA this year will make him a productive ball carrier.

Myles Gaskin got the vast majority of snaps over him....on a team that can't run the ball. 

Will he produce something?....Sure. 

The claim was his 5.1 on SF means something. I pointed out it means nothing. Different teams. Different years. Much different quality of O-line.

Edited by this guy right here