NBC Sports Edge Forums

I have Pick 1.02 in PPR 12 team dynasty. 1 QB

Thoughts on who the top rookies are now that we see the landing spots?

My Top:

CeeDee Lamb - Love the offense. Dak threw a ton of yard last season and now he gets another top wideout

Jonathon Taylor - Not so much 2020 with Mack around. I think they move on from Mack 2020 and make him the workhorse (still a good flex 2020 with 5-10 touches a game maybe?)

Clyde Edwards Helaire - KC Offense. 

Cam Akers - I like the landing spot if rams can get their **** together on O

JK Dobbins - Ravens will score alot so I think he'll get some opportunities. Ingram is still there until hes a UFA in 2022 but i found this (POTENTIAL OUT: 2021, 2 YR, $10,030,895; $1,333,334 DEAD CAP) so he might be gone early if dobbins takes the lead

Jeudy - Great player, tbd. I think he'll be fine but maybe better redraft for 2021?

Notable Players:

QB: Deshaun Watson

RB: Saquon Barkley, David Montgomery, Kareem Hunt, Tarik Cohen

WR: Tyreek Hill, Tyler Lockett, Preston Williams, Josh Gordon, Adam Humphries (need WR bad)

TE: Jack Doyle, Eric Ebron, Darren Fells

31 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I have Pick 1.02 in PPR 12 team dynasty. 1 QB

Thoughts on who the top rookies are now that we see the landing spots?

My Top:

CeeDee Lamb - Love the offense. Dak threw a ton of yard last season and now he gets another top wideout

Jonathon Taylor - Not so much 2020 with Mack around. I think they move on from Mack 2020 and make him the workhorse (still a good flex 2020 with 5-10 touches a game maybe?)

Clyde Edwards Helaire - KC Offense. 

Cam Akers - I like the landing spot if rams can get their **** together on O

JK Dobbins - Ravens will score alot so I think he'll get some opportunities. Ingram is still there until hes a UFA in 2022 but i found this (POTENTIAL OUT: 2021, 2 YR, $10,030,895; $1,333,334 DEAD CAP) so he might be gone early if dobbins takes the lead

Jeudy - Great player, tbd. I think he'll be fine but maybe better redraft for 2021?

Notable Players:

QB: Deshaun Watson

RB: Saquon Barkley, David Montgomery, Kareem Hunt, Tarik Cohen

WR: Tyreek Hill, Tyler Lockett, Preston Williams, Josh Gordon, Adam Humphries (need WR bad)

TE: Jack Doyle, Eric Ebron, Darren Fells

Lamb or Jeudy is the way

• Thanks 1

For it is easily whichever out of Taylor or CEH lasts past 1.01. WRs can be drafted later in rookie drafts while RBs are harder to hit on from what I can tell based on how many teams are going RBBC nowadays. I would consider Dobbins an option as well but I think you should look to get a guy who can step in at least somewhat (even if as a flex) at RB--as rough as your Wr depth is, I trust Lockett as a WR2 and like round 2 rookie WRs more than RBs at that spot

Help?

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

For it is easily whichever out of Taylor or CEH lasts past 1.01. WRs can be drafted later in rookie drafts while RBs are harder to hit on from what I can tell based on how many teams are going RBBC nowadays. I would consider Dobbins an option as well but I think you should look to get a guy who can step in at least somewhat (even if as a flex) at RB--as rough as your Wr depth is, I trust Lockett as a WR2 and like round 2 rookie WRs more than RBs at that spot

x2, and incase something strange happens at 1.01. Taylor is my choice as the saying goes talent over role. Taylor in terms of college production and combine results is the 3rd best RB prospect behind Saquan and Fournette and both of them went 2nd and 4th overall in the actual NFL draft. Another player I hear him compared to often is Zeke who also went 4th overall. Now to his situation which is good. 2nd rated oline in terms of run blocking last year, entering year 3 of the Frank Reich era which has gone well even with the shocking Luck retirement before last season. Marlon Mack was a 4th round draft pick from a non power 5 school and was also drafted the year before Reich got there so he is gone. The last but definitely not least part is the Colts moved up 3 spots to assure to land Taylor if they weren't very high on him they would have chanced it or even settled for Akers or Dobbins should Taylor went before them.

• Thanks 1

I think it's a strange draft for dynasty in that yes, it's super deep at WR, but there's not a consensus #1 overall pick. Heck, there's not a consensus #1 pick among the WRs, and it's certainly not like past drafts where Zeke or Saquon or Jacobs were the unquestioned #1 OA picks. If I could trade the pick and move back a couple slots and pick up any extra picks in the top 25 or so, I think that's the way to go. Really, I'd want as many picks in the first 2 rounds as I could get if I were rebuilding.

Assuming you can't move back or don't want to, whoever is left between Taylor and CEH is probably the pick at #2, but man, I'd hate passing up on CeeDee Lamb. I got the #1 pick in one of my dynasty leagues and I'm strongly considering taking him #1.

• Like 1