NBC Sports Edge Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

17 minutes ago, trilly said:

I'm a little more sanguine than most on his prospects this week - the Jets run D was surprisingly good last year (3.3 ypc) and that continued in week 1, although the Bills aren't exactly a rushing powerhouse. If Kittle is a decoy or sits, I'd imagine the Jets stack the box like crazy and make Jimmy G beat them.

Game script should definitely be positive, but I can also see that meaning all 3 backs get decent run. There does remain the slight unknown of whether or not Coleman's light usage was air quality related, but I sure hope not. What are others expecting from him this week?

Jets run D is good and also self polite-

• Like 1
  • Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

The Jets run d may be good but overall, their team sucks.  I expect the 49ers to blow their doors off.  I expect most teams to do the same.  Those game scripts lead to more carries.  Mostert is a good start this week imo.  

1 hour ago, trilly said:

I'm a little more sanguine than most on his prospects this week - the Jets run D was surprisingly good last year (3.3 ypc) and that continued in week 1, although the Bills aren't exactly a rushing powerhouse. If Kittle is a decoy or sits, I'd imagine the Jets stack the box like crazy and make Jimmy G beat them.

Game script should definitely be positive, but I can also see that meaning all 3 backs get decent run. There does remain the slight unknown of whether or not Coleman's light usage was air quality related, but I sure hope not. What are others expecting from him this week?

I tend to agree as a Cardinals fan and Mostert owner. I was wary to start gum last week thinking the Cards DL would be improved vs the rush and they were holding mostert to 56 on 15 carries. If he didn't take advantage of that blown Isiah Simmons coverage to the tune of a 76 yd touchdown, his day would've been much more pedestrian. Don't forget about that mckissic redzone TD reception...

2 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I tend to agree as a Cardinals fan and Mostert owner. I was wary to start gum last week thinking the Cards DL would be improved vs the rush and they were holding mostert to 56 on 15 carries. If he didn't take advantage of that blown Isiah Simmons coverage to the tune of a 76 yd touchdown, his day would've been much more pedestrian. Don't forget about that mckissic redzone TD reception...

Put some respeck on Jet MCKINNON’s name!

but jokes aside it was trending towards Mostert ceding passing down work to McKinnon. So plays like that are going to happen. 

• Like 2

I'm expecting this to be a 33-10 kind of game, in favor of the 49ers, especially after losing to ARI.

Feels like the game might be out of hand come halftime or 3rd quarter, meaning lots of carries to kill the clock.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

Any updates on his injury? Really hoping he was taken out as more of a precaution rather than it being something serious. 

People throw "league winner" out pretty liberally, but if he can stay healthy, Mostert is precisely that. 

Let's hope that's not it. 🙏

Edited by dorwell
Just now, OrangeAggie said:

Seeing reports that Mostert's injury is an MCL, not an ACL. No details on severity, but Shanahan said he wasn't too concerned about it, so that's something positive. 

that means "probably out for multiple weeks but not bad enough to just put on the IR straight away like we probably should"

1 minute ago, Tomy said:

MCL means how many weeks ?

The internet is your friend :)

Recovery times differ depending on the severity of the injury: A minor, or grade 1, MCL tear can take from a few days to a week and a half to heal sufficiently for you to return to normal activities, including sports. A grade 2 tear can take from two to four weeks to heal.

• Thanks 2