NBC Sports Edge Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, No1Statistican said:

So he tore/sprained his mcl so the injury can vary from a few days/one week grade 1 or at worst grade 3 4-8 weeks. He looked alright walking away so I wouldn't expect the worst.

You can still walk on a torn MCL / ACL. It's the lateral movement that you can't do. 

22 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Considering the circumstances, I’m guessing it was mostly precautionary. 

49ers were complaining the field was slippery and they’d already lost their best player. And they were playing a team with no chance to beat them. 

True. Am surprised still no news, not even anything like he’s going in for a MRI tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

19 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Hopefully you all had already picked up McKinnon. I can understand the panic now if you didn’t. 

Even for those of us that do, there's got to be some concern that Tevin Coleman got 14 carries to McKinnon's 3. McKinnon is obviously far more talented, but I'm not sure the coaches trust his knee enough to give him a big workload this early. 

If Mostert misses any time, I bet we see Tevin Coleman eat up a lot of carries even though he sucks. 

Edited by OrangeAggie
35 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

Even for those of us that do, there's got to be some concern that Tevin Coleman got 14 carries to McKinnon's 3. McKinnon is obviously far more talented, but I'm not sure the coaches trust his knee enough to give him a big workload this early. 

If Mostert misses any time, I bet we see Tevin Coleman eat up a lot of carries even though he sucks. 

I agree. This backfield is way too unpredictable and keep in mind that Coleman was hurt for a bit of this game too. I think McKinnon is the better long term add but Coleman is in the way. In my eyes, it’s very much like the Mack/Taylor situation back in game 1: Coleman might be less talented but he’s getting first crack and more opportunities than McKinnon. But the problem is by the time McKinnon takes hold of the startjng job, Mostert might be well on his way back and lose some opportunities to McKinnon. As a Mostert owner, this is just bad news all around. I don’t see any silver linings here.

Edited by WaiverLooter
9 hours ago, OrangeAggie said:

starting to believe that the miners were extra cautious with all their guys because of the turf. Probably explains why McKinnon only got 3 carries. I will say I agree the highlights show Mostert and he certainly doesn’t look like he’s favouring his knee that bad 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Hopefully you all had already picked up McKinnon. I can understand the panic now if you didn’t. 

Ah yes, for all of us that have unlimited roster space, no other players dealing with any injuries and we can just hoard every team's 3rd down back.  

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Ah yes, for all of us that have unlimited roster space, no other players dealing with any injuries and we can just hoard every team's 3rd down back.  

You read too much into the comment. Obviously, if you have a bunch of injuries you can't. So, it wasn't meant for you. I also disagree with you on your disparagement of McKinnon.

Edited by FitzMagic