NBC Sports Edge Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

Almost every fantasy doctor has said he should be completely fine for this week, if he did sit again id worry theres more here than theyve been telling us. Some were even projecting him back last week. I cant find anything saying he wont play week 5 at the moment either, just that hes expected back at practice today

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Almost every fantasy doctor has said he should be completely fine for this week, if he did sit again id worry theres more here than theyve been telling us. Some were even projecting him back last week. I cant find anything saying he wont play week 5 at the moment either, just that hes expected back at practice today

I know you mentioned Raheem as a possibility for Wednesday. How optimistic are you about him for this week? We see the explosive plays and the speed he has obviously, but how much does he impact you from a play calling perspective, having him available?

"Raheem has done an unbelievable job, so he affects everything. When he's out there, just the way- his explosiveness, I don't think there's anyone in the league that you can compare to him right now. That's shown in both of the weeks that he got to play in. I think our backs have done a great job since he's been out. I thought [RB Jerick] Jet McKinnon has been running his tail off, running very physical. He's created a lot of stuff when some stuff hasn't been there, but we can't wait to get Raheem back. We'll see on Wednesday. I'm not real optimistic, but I know he does have a chance Wednesday and it'll get more and more each day that goes in the week. We've got to wait to see how he comes in then."

As far as the status of Sherman, what is your confidence level that he can practice Wednesday, play Sunday?

"Probably about the same as Raheem's. Not real high on either, but I know they do have a chance. Initially I was told Sherm would be about three to four weeks and I think we're coming up on three and it was most likely supposed to be four. So, I'm kind of expecting for him, hoping for him next week, but it'd be a good surprise to get him this week. Talking to Sherm, there's always a chance, but we're going to have to wait and see how he is on Wednesday."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/140794-transcript-shanahan-injuries-williams-mcglinchey-george-kittle-brandon/

• Thanks 3
13 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

I know you mentioned Raheem as a possibility for Wednesday. How optimistic are you about him for this week? We see the explosive plays and the speed he has obviously, but how much does he impact you from a play calling perspective, having him available?

"Raheem has done an unbelievable job, so he affects everything. When he's out there, just the way- his explosiveness, I don't think there's anyone in the league that you can compare to him right now. That's shown in both of the weeks that he got to play in. I think our backs have done a great job since he's been out. I thought [RB Jerick] Jet McKinnon has been running his tail off, running very physical. He's created a lot of stuff when some stuff hasn't been there, but we can't wait to get Raheem back. We'll see on Wednesday. I'm not real optimistic, but I know he does have a chance Wednesday and it'll get more and more each day that goes in the week. We've got to wait to see how he comes in then."

As far as the status of Sherman, what is your confidence level that he can practice Wednesday, play Sunday?

"Probably about the same as Raheem's. Not real high on either, but I know they do have a chance. Initially I was told Sherm would be about three to four weeks and I think we're coming up on three and it was most likely supposed to be four. So, I'm kind of expecting for him, hoping for him next week, but it'd be a good surprise to get him this week. Talking to Sherm, there's always a chance, but we're going to have to wait and see how he is on Wednesday."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/140794-transcript-shanahan-injuries-williams-mcglinchey-george-kittle-brandon/

hm... well certainly concerning but i guess we need to wait and see. Might be some coach speak, if he practices today ill feel good about him

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Al.Davis said:

Egads!  Why wouldn't The Dream be on IR if this was a 3+ week injury?

because teams are dumb and hate my fantasy football team. That's the only reason I can think to justify all of these non-IR shenannigans in a season where the IR minimum is only 3 weeks.

That or they honestly thought he'd only miss 2 weeks at most. I'm pretty sure it's the first one, though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, K197040 said:

What kind of load can he handle at this point?

This is what I'm wondering. If they're limiting his reps like when Deebo came back, it might be best to keep him on the bench one more week and then set him free Week 6. That said, It sure seems like he should be near 100% given the diagnosis and prognosis for this type of injury. Hopefully the picture is clearer as we get more practice reports. He is far and away the best running back on the team so they need him.

• Like 1

i see a 50 50 timeshare with him and mckinnon ros as long as both are healthy. jeff wilson will sprinkle in sometimes in games if they happen to be blowing out the opponent. Both mckinnon and mostert can be weekly rb 14 to rb 17 with top 10 upside if things break right for 1 or both weekly. I still rather own both than todd gurley or david johnson ros. (I did a full fade of david johnson and have sadly a few gurley shares like a moron because he was falling to round 5 in some 12 team drafts.

12 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Mostert sounds quite similar to "must start". You don't question it, you just do it.

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it

Edited by Funkenstein
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
8 minutes ago, isuckatdfs said:

i see a 50 50 timeshare with him and mckinnon ros as long as both are healthy. jeff wilson will sprinkle in sometimes in games if they happen to be blowing out the opponent. Both mckinnon and mostert can be weekly rb 14 to rb 17 with top 10 upside if things break right for 1 or both weekly. I still rather own both than todd gurley or david johnson ros. (I did a full fade of david johnson and have sadly a few gurley shares like a moron because he was falling to round 5 in some 12 team drafts.

Against Miami, I'd think there will plenty of touches for everyone to go around.

• Like 1

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/08/san-francisco-49ers-raheem-mostert-jerick-mckinnon/

Head coach Kyle Shanahan on Monday discussed the scuffling run game after Sunday’s loss to the Eagles. He pointed to a lack of big plays as part of the reason that once-dominant aspect of the 49ers offense has been absent.

“We’ve missed the big plays since the Jets game, which is when you lose those explosives, you’ve got to be a lot more consistent. Our consistency just has not been good,” he said. “(Sunday) night, I think it was pretty obvious. Had a few chances and you’ve just got one guy whiff and it ends up being a negative play. We’re pretty aggressive in our run game by what we do, the way we try to attack people and when you do that, if you’re not on it, you lose yards. So, you can get a lot simpler and make it easier to where you’re trying to block it for one to two yards and just see what happens. Hopefully you can wear guys down over the game, but we’ve always been pretty aggressive. When you do that and you’ve got one guy off here and there, you get some negative runs. When you don’t have an explosive to counteract that, that’s really how the results have gone the last two weeks.”