NBC Sports Edge Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Nah I think it will be a split, not really a guy to own.  Hasty early downs, McKinnon cop and third-down back

cleary someone who didn’t watch hasty in college and is basing his take on 9 NFL touches pass

37 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Nah I think it will be a split, not really a guy to own.  Hasty early downs, McKinnon cop and third-down back

Did you watch the previous games when Mosthurt was out?

I'm just not sure how you came up with that hot take

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, kco734 said:

cleary someone who didn’t watch hasty in college and is basing his take on 9 NFL touches pass

I am actually a Baylor grad and watch plenty of Hasty in college.  I think will be something like a 60-40 split in favor of McKinnon. 

Also plenty of aiyuk and deebo getting carries and shuttle passes. 

My only point, probably not worth blowing all your faab on McKinnon

7 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

I am actually a Baylor grad and watch plenty of Hasty in college.  I think will be something like a 60-40 split in favor of McKinnon. 

So there's a bit of bias. But we'll see how it plays out

19 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

so you’re familiar with his fumbling issues and inability to stay healthy then 

6 hours ago, harck said:

Definitely if it's not a high ankle... if it's a high ankle sprain, his season is nearly done. Worrying to me that he tried to come back, but it was too painful and ended up limping. Most of the time these guys can play through lateral ankle sprains with some tape, especially because it's not going to swell up till later. The fact that he was in a lot of pain and limping fairly quickly afterwards makes me think high ankle.

Why do people keep saying this in every thread a guy hurts his ankle? Every player/HAS is different. There have been instances where it bothered guys the whole year, and plenty of players have missed time and come back fine eventually.

Edited by owenmills
5 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Not a huge fan either, but go ahead and blow your faab om McKinnon 

Tevin Coleman is supposed to be back soon, if Mostert misses extended time is he actually the RB to own? I know he looked unimpressive in his first two games, but you'd think the coaching staff would slide him into Mostert's role and keep McKinnon as the change of pace guy.

1 hour ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Tevin Coleman is supposed to be back soon, if Mostert misses extended time is he actually the RB to own? I know he looked unimpressive in his first two games, but you'd think the coaching staff would slide him into Mostert's role and keep McKinnon as the change of pace guy.

I think the reality is that the coaching staff can now see that Mostert isn't someone that can withstand a ton of punishment, subbing him more regularly may be the smart move to preserve him.  

Likelihood is Mostert is their "lead" guy when healthy since both the numbers and eye test support that he's their best RB.  But I would assume that lead designation may mean 10-15 touch games when healthy rather than what we were seeing last night.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Agreed, Coleman slated to return soon. If Raheem is out I would expect Tevin to get first crack each game and then Shanny rides the hot hand. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, owenmills said:

Why do people keep saying this in every thread a guy hurts his ankle? Every player/HAS is different. There have been instances where it bothered guys the whole year, and plenty of players have missed time and come back fine eventually.

Because at minimum it's a 4 week injury that is realistically more of a 5-7 week injury for running backs, and we are in week 6. 

3 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

He's most likely ready owned, I would think

• Like 1

Just hope it isn't a long term/lingering thing. If you haven't already, pair with McKinnon. Granted things could change but it seems Shanny has been gameplanning with one RB this year instead of that rotation mess last year. 

Strangest thing last night was Mostert was ruled out, but then kept his helmet on the entire 2nd half and was standing there as if he was ready to go in. Odd.

If this is multi-week I'll be shocked.

And now everyone's running to get Hasty, but you know if Mostert is out, J. Wilson will be activated again. 

• Like 5

Mostert injured his ankle in the second quarter. He tried to return in the third quarter but was ruled out for the rest of the game. Mostert will undergo further evaluation on Monday. I believe he either suffered a high ankle sprain or a moderate-lateral ankle sprain.

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-week-6-injury-recap-miles-sanders-baker-mayfield-joe-mixon

1 minute ago, dorwell said:

Mostert injured his ankle in the second quarter. He tried to return in the third quarter but was ruled out for the rest of the game. Mostert will undergo further evaluation on Monday. I believe he either suffered a high ankle sprain or a moderate-lateral ankle sprain.

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-week-6-injury-recap-miles-sanders-baker-mayfield-joe-mixon

Well, seems like this guy was already wrong about Jonnu and Sanders...let's hope he's also wrong about Mostert and that it's only a minor sprain🙏

At this point, I'm starting to worry 49ers will go back to that timeshare mess once he's fully healthy. Lingering ankle issues are no bueno and he already has injury concerns dating back the past few season.

22 minutes ago, nb009 said:

At this point, I'm starting to worry 49ers will go back to that timeshare mess once he's fully healthy. Lingering ankle issues are no bueno and he already has injury concerns dating back the past few season.

Agreed - but he's a different animal compared to the other guys they throw out there. A few times last night, he looked primed for one of those cutback and GONE TD