NBC Sports Edge Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

8 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Also I thought hes suppose to be back next week, week 10? If I remember correctly. That would be dumb. Shannan is a good coach and can make do with what he has even if it's crap. They can still make a push

Week 11 bye, so I'm expecting him back week 12

• Like 1
  • Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

Just now, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

CBS says week 10 return. They're probably just hopeful

Probably. 

Play Saints week 10, so it's a big game for wildcard push.  They might give him a go, but I'd bet for erring on the side of caution since week 10 would put him at 4 weeks recovery, but if they hold out he comes back having had 6 weeks to heal.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, harck said:

They do, but I think it's one of those injuries where there's no such thing as a "mild" one. There is a severe one that sidelines you for >6 weeks and might require surgery like with Garoppolo right now, but a high ankle sprain at minimum sidelines guys for 4 weeks. They can come back at 4-5 weeks, but they normally don't look the same for a few more weeks after. This is likely why the Panthers held out CMC for 7+ weeks now.

This. At this point when I hear "high ankle sprain" I assume a baseline of 4 weeks out and often more. Even the "not that bad" ones seem to be 4 weeks at least. I hope he's back for week 10 but the 49ers waiting until after the bye makes a lot of sense, unfortunately.

12 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Why is anyone talking about the season being done for them? They're one game out right now. And Chicago is a facade so SF is very much in the thick of things

Probably high. I’m high so I can see it. 

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Jimmy G has had the training wheels on all season and doesn't throw past 15 yards. Kittle has played like 3 games. 

And now that has been downgraded.
And you just forgot to mention that Mostert played only 4 games.
Good game vs. Jets (!), but McKinnon was did the same. Took one catch to the house vs. ARI, which is one lucky play, and could run on Miami, because the Dolphins had a huge lead and protected the pass.

This dude could be a difference maker once he comes back, probably week 12 if I had to guess. I'm happily holding waiting to throw him in my lineup as the playoffs roll around...if you can get him for cheap, I think he's worth the upside of adding some firepower for the stretch run.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GoPackGo23 said:

This dude could be a difference maker once he comes back, probably week 12 if I had to guess. I'm happily holding waiting to throw him in my lineup as the playoffs roll around...if you can get him for cheap, I think he's worth the upside of adding some firepower for the stretch run.

Most definitely. He's one of my favorite players. Just seems to hit huge plays very very often. It's a shame he's often injured , he's so good. Especially for fantasy

1 minute ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Most definitely. He's one of my favorite players. Just seems to hit huge plays very very often. It's a shame he's often injured , he's so good. Especially for fantasy

Raheem Mostert is the Will Fuller of RBs. You gotta be ready to strap in for a roller coaster ride of some good highs, and some frustrating lows.

23 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I won't let him go because I have this strong feeling deep in my heart and head that he is a league winner.

• Like 1

I am still very invested in Mostert, had several good offers but I just dig his upside too much...that said this feels too soon for even a mild high-ankle...plus the matchup is tough as nails versus Saints...give him another almost 2.5 weeks to get totally right and beast for the real stretch run.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, dorwell said:

I don't care about this offense too much. The oline is the main thing. Healthy Mostert will just overtake his old role as the leading part of this backfield. 

Isn't this a good thing? Can't be picky with RBs on certain offenses at this point in the year. I mean I wish he was the Packers RB or Seattle don't get me wrong. I think most people in here would be really happy with a 10-12+ guy from this RB. Especially the people going through injuries and byes

I dunno guys.... One one hand, I'd love to make the playoffs and win a title.  On the other, I just want to see this guy healthy, even if that means he doesn't come back until week 17! Because I care about Moberts' well being more than this fantasy foosball thing.  But I believe we all feel this way, right?  Because that's the beautiful world we live in.

1 hour ago, mikeflavaz said:

I dunno guys.... One one hand, I'd love to make the playoffs and win a title.  On the other, I just want to see this guy healthy, even if that means he doesn't come back until week 17! Because I care about Moberts' well being more than this fantasy foosball thing.  But I believe we all feel this way, right?  Because that's the beautiful world we live in.

I'm with you but I guess you don't got Twitter? A lot of the fantasy community are a bunch of savages lol. 

He's not coming back week 17 lol. He was hurt in what week 6? Next week is definitely optimistic, I'd assume they just hold him out till after their BYE and he comes back near 100% for week 12. Kittle could also come back in a few weeks. 49ers are still very much in the playoff race and if they get back Mostert, Kittle, Samuel by week 13ish they are going hard for this playoff run.

I think CMC this week will be another big gauge for these mid-season high ankle sprains for running backs. If he looks 100%, Mostert should be fine. CMC was out for 7 weeks.

• Like 1