NBC Sports Edge Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

21 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I'm slightly torn. Obviously many of us are hurting at rb and we want him back, but I want him back 100% not doing the James conner dance of 2019 where he comes back earlier than expected gets banged up misses more time etc. 

Agreed. Would not mind him sitting out for another week at least. Obviously people are fighting for their playoff lives (including myself). But an extra week or two just to make sure he's 100% right is better than us throwing him in our lineup in a critical match-up and having him tweak the injury and sit for the rest of the game, leaving a donut in your lineup for the week and a wasted bench spot moving forward. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Bad matchup, but if he's active I will probably start him.

Based on what Shanahan has done with Wilson & McKinnon coming off injury, it's clear he doesn't believe in "easing a player back in."

If he's active it's full go.

I could be totally wrong but didn't they ease McKinnon in his first game back? Could of sworn I seen people losing their minds on here that week about it

I dont hate that he was ruled out, as excited as I am for him to come back. Like others have said the NO game script would probably be bad for him because he doesn't catch many passes and it's a hard D to run on. He will hopefully be fully healthy after the bye and ready to smash for the playoff push and playoffs.

FWIW I would guess the Saints game will be a McKinnon game. He's the pass catching back and they'll probably be playing catch up with how their D is looking and how good thr Saints offense looks.

On 11/12/2020 at 12:57 PM, LacesOut said:

I think if he's 100% then he'll go back into his old role. I don't think anybody has shown enough consistency to warrant him losing work 

Thought I'd go ahead and ask:

1) Do you guys think this is a good time to trade for him?

2) What type of role will he have with Coleman back too?

3) How does his value change with Mullens/Beathard under center and not Jimmy G?

Thoughts? Would love to hear people's takes.

14 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Thought I'd go ahead and ask:

1) Do you guys think this is a good time to trade for him?

2) What type of role will he have with Coleman back too?

3) How does his value change with Mullens/Beathard under center and not Jimmy G?

Thoughts? Would love to hear people's takes.

1) Yes get him now if you can 

2) Raheem will be the lead. Don't forget how he looked before he was injured. Any play can be a house call. 

3) No change 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

1) Yes get him now if you can 

2) Raheem will be the lead. Don't forget how he looked before he was injured. Any play can be a house call. 

3) No change 

Agreed on all fronts. Colema doesn't worry me even if healthy, but don't forget that last time he came back, he also immediately went out again. Granted that happened to Mostert too, but it was a new injury for him. Let's just hope the injury contagion in this backfield stops now...

Pretty sure it in the first matchup with this same LAR defense that Mostert got banged up.

Was running well too. Shanahan buried him in the first half with like 15 rushes and he was well on his way to a 100+ yards and then he was out.

You'd think Shanahan would learn from this though. Maybe a more reasonable mix of McKinnon. Also, the LAR run D looks a lot better than it did back then.

His absence has shown how important he is to this team if they want to make a stretch run, and the play he got hurt on was kind of a fluke - Garoppolo dumped it off to him during a 2 min drill and he hardly had time to react, so I think it was a freak situation more than him being fragile. I agree he's one of the best pure runners in the game, he's been out for a while that it's easy to forget how well he was playing.

The schedule really softens up after this week, but really hoping he balls out and stays healthy this week.