NBC Sports Edge Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Alright, assuming he plays this week, is he a must start?   I'm a 3x owner, and only in one case do i feel like he has to go in my lineup. 

Same boat, and it’s a tough call. Also have several other high floor flex options.  He’s coming off of injury, the two other top backs are expected to play, and it’s Shanahan.  But every game Mostert has played, he’s been the number 1, and every full game he’s played he’s gotten between 11 and 19 touches.  He is gameflow proof, and there may not be a more explosive RB in the league, in terms of being a risk to score any touch from anywhere on the field into 6 points.

To me the question is simply the injury. Are they going to ease him in or let him loose?  I’m not worried about the matchup. The Rams D is legit, but that just means more opportunities catching out of the backfield if the 49ers fall behind or if the run game is shut down.  Rams shut the Bucs run game down, but the week prior the Seahawks backs averaged 4 ypc and Rams gave up 5 catches for 45 yards out of the backfield.  Mullen targets RBs about 5 times a game but those don’t seem to turn into much.  If Garoppolo is back that will help a lot.

Who else would get touches in the SF backfield?

Is it just Mostert and McKinnon?

Hasty is on IR I believe and I don't think J. Wilson is back.

I have middling options at flex. If he's full go at practice all week it will be tough to sit Mostert.

Just now, kyoun1e said:

Who else would get touches in the SF backfield?

Is it just Mostert and McKinnon?

Hasty is on IR I believe and I don't think J. Wilson is back.

I have middling options at flex. If he's full go at practice all week it will be tough to sit Mostert.

Coleman could get some touches if he returns. 

If Mostert plays he would likely get the most carries as he has been the best and most consistent runner in the Niner backfield.  McKinnon might get a few carries and possible some 3rd downs.  If Coleman is also active he might get some short yardage work, but he does not have any juice left.  Overall, this run game is much better with a healthy Mostert.  Yes, he might be eased in a little but even with 12-14 touches he can take one to the house at any time.  Wouldn't be shocked to see a 14 carry 75 yard game with a TD.  Also wouldn't be surprised if he goes for 120 and breaks off a 50 yard TD.  When RM has played he has balled out!

18 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Muststart. Don't even question it. If he plays he starts. Real life and fantasy. The clear cut best back on that team and Shanny knows it. Heck, everybody knows it. Stop questioning yourself and DO IT!

giphy.gif

If your RB options are Ekeler and Ballage, Mostert, Drake, and Hunt... then yeah it becomes a serious question

Must starts are players that are consensus top 10 plays. Mostert is not that this week against LA. It really is a tough call.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, coleworld7 said:

I hope he’s fully healthy when back but who’s his cuff now if they have a full healthy backfield? I feel like Coleman just a liability but would you guys cuff with Wilson or McKinnon at this point ?

Would have to say Wilson - who is also back at practice.

3 hours ago, coleworld7 said:

I hope he’s fully healthy when back but who’s his cuff now if they have a full healthy backfield? I feel like Coleman just a liability but would you guys cuff with Wilson or McKinnon at this point ?

Would likely be a 3 headed hot hand game flow driven approach between McKinnon, Coleman, and Wilson.  I would probably go with wilson as he has the most upside out of that group.

13 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Any practice report on Mostert? Coleman?

RBs are falling like flies today. Need this guy.

Coleman is out for Sunday...and they said Mostert is coming off IR and officially questionable for Sunday. If Mostert plays (which I think he will), he should get a pretty decent workload right away with Coleman still out.

11 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Noodle arm Mullens and the his mistakes impacting game script scare me. 

mostert had 12 targets in 3.5 games this year, so if you're scared they will abandon the run and game script him out, don't. also there best shot of a quick strike offense is mostert making a long run lol.

Edited by TroutFister
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

mostert had 12 targets in 3.5 games this year, so if you're scared they will abandon the run and game script him out, don't. also there best shot of a quick strike offense is mostert making a long run lol.

Esp being down WRs that are short-area YAC guys like Aiyuk and Deebo...

It feels like a mess, but Shanny has tipped his hand when he's had a remotely healthy Mostert--he is the main guy and nobody has stepped up in his absence.

Ride or die.

45 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

For what it’s worth, Mostert was knocked out of Week 2 in the first half as well. So 12 targets in 3 games.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Esp being down WRs that are short-area YAC guys like Aiyuk and Deebo...

It feels like a mess, but Shanny has tipped his hand when he's had a remotely healthy Mostert--he is the main guy and nobody has stepped up in his absence.

Ride or die.

Deebo is back.

If anything, that's a positive for Mostert's outlook.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Deebo is back.

If anything, that's a positive for Mostert's outlook.

Yep! I posted just prior to his status update.

Be nice if Trent Williams is ready, that is bigger than about any injury they have. Still, it is scheme with this team...and they have a lead guy, that playoff run by Mostert was next level...IF he is good now and even 80% of that player re-emerges it can be a game changer for fantasy playoffs.

• Like 1