NBC Sports Edge Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, GoVols98 said:

He tweeted "Players returning to play this week" Mostert was on the list

Returning and playing are two separate  things. 

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, GoVols98 said:

He tweeted "Players returning to play this week" Mostert was on the list

Ok, I thanks. I think we still need more clarification before assuming Mostert is going to actually play. Hasn’t practiced, listed as Q. Could be a game time decision situation.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, GoVols98 said:

Can you not read? 

No I can’t. The tweet I saw was that he was activated. I haven’t seen anything on whether he’s actually going to get on the field. 

6 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

No I can’t. The tweet I saw was that he was activated. I haven’t seen anything on whether he’s actually going to get on the field. 

Ya I haven't seen 100% confirmation either, we're probably gonna have to wait til near game time unfortunately.  But logic would dictate there's no reason to take him off IR if he can't play.  I'm playing this one so that I have a replacement ready if he can't go.

27 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Ok, I thanks. I think we still need more clarification before assuming Mostert is going to actually play. Hasn’t practiced, listed as Q. Could be a game time decision situation.

He has been practicing.

https://www.marinij.com/2020/11/26/49ers-mostert-coleman-regroup-with-running-backs-to-likely-face-favored-rams/

It sounds like Tevin Coleman is out, and Jeff Wilson questionable to play. Hasty on IR. Wouldn't the 49'ers have called up a running back off their practice squad if either Mostert or Wilson weren't playing today?

Edited by OriolesMagic
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

He was fine. Just an ugly offensive game where the QB play ok both sides made the offenses one dimensional. 

He looked ok.  Didn't do much with his touches, had a costly fumble and ceded work to Jeff wilson down the stretch when the game was on the line 

You can't feel that comfortable if you're a Mosthurt owner.  The backfield is a loaded mess 

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah, as the chart below depicts, not a great day...was mostly met in the backfield. All things considered a decent 1st game back:

Raheem Mostert Week 12 Carry Chart

Getting 18 touches, after being out so long, is very encouraging since he got his normal workload. Obviously the lead guy once again as long as he's able to suit up.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Getting 18 touches, after being out so long, is very encouraging since he got his normal workload. Obviously the lead guy once again as long as he's able to suit up.

Yeah totally agree. Wilson also lost a fumble too...McKinnon barely played, other than 3rd down pass pro.

In this scheme, with better matchups, he is a rock solid RB2 with easy RB1 (week winning) upside.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

He looked ok.  Didn't do much with his touches, had a costly fumble and ceded work to Jeff wilson down the stretch when the game was on the line 

You can't feel that comfortable if you're a Mosthurt owner.  The backfield is a loaded mess 

I think there is plenty to be optimistic about.... He might not get 25 touches a game but he is all but a lock to get 15 and 2 receptions most of which are well designed plays. The Rams D is good and without having any threat over the top mainly because of noodle arm Mullens the Rams were able to overplay the run and make the Niners very predictable. When they get Aiyuk back who can take the top off and play some easier D's to move the ball on he will be fine. He is an RB2 which I personally feel fine about. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, vikesrube said:

Cant say I have watched much of the e niners, but based on the bid score, it seems pretty clear now that Wilson is the cuff to own, correct?

Yes until Coleman comes back and then it might be another type of mess. With that said Coleman has shown very little this season so it would not be surprising if his carriers don't resemble last year. Raheem and Wilson are far and away the most explosive RB's. Coleman would be considered the bruiser.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I think there is plenty to be optimistic about.... He might not get 25 touches a game but he is all but a lock to get 15 and 2 receptions most of which are well designed plays. The Rams D is good and without having any threat over the top mainly because of noodle arm Mullens the Rams were able to overplay the run and make the Niners very predictable. When they get Aiyuk back who can take the top off and play some easier D's to move the ball on he will be fine. He is an RB2 which I personally feel fine about. 

I think a lot of people were expecting Jesus to come back from IR.  I just don't think that will be the case. Too many rbs on that team.

He got 16 carries to wilson's 14 and everyone still wants to call him the bellcow.  I don't see it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are games where has less touches than one of the other backs.

Rb2, like you said, is more realistic. 

14 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

I think a lot of people were expecting Jesus to come back from IR.  I just don't think that will be the case. Too many rbs on that team.

He got 16 carries to wilson's 14 and everyone still wants to call him the bellcow.  I don't see it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are games where has less touches than one of the other backs.

I would be. But you never know. 

53 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

16 carries in a game where the run game wasn't working and where he fumbled once is a good outcome IMO. 

I guess the bigger concern is when Coleman returns. Are all 4 backs going to be on active roster? Or will Wilson need to go on the inactive list? 

1 hour ago, umphrey said:

I didn’t watch but his 1st half numbers were good and in the 2nd half he must have had a lot of no gain carries to tank his ypa

It was all Jeff wilson in the 2nd half. This is what is concerning to me.  Why is Wilson getting the majority of touches in a close game? 

Edited by Funkenstein
14 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

He didn’t lose any extra work down the stretch. Wilson was used to spell him throughout the game. Mostert played in every single series after the fumble. They both lost a fumble that game, Mostert’s first this year although he hasn’t played much he also only had 1 fumble last year so I wouldn’t think it’s a concern for the coaching staff going forward. 

Finished with 18 touches to Wilson’s 12. The 49ers offense is going to have multiple backs with touches every week but they run it so much that’s not too big of a deal. 18 touches after a multi week injury is actually encouraging. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

It was all Jeff wilson in the 2nd half. This is what is concerning to me.  Why is Wilson getting the majority of touches in a close game? 

shanahan does the hot hand approach quite a bit, and honestly mostert didn't do much in a few carries so wilson took over. it happens. mostert will be better going forward. 

Next Mon will be interesting. The Bills have a major weakness across their defensive line...they get pushed around and the Shanny scheme will exploit this (much like the KC blueprint earlier this season)...I think it sets up real nice for Mostert.