NBC Sports Edge Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

32 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Next Mon will be interesting. The Bills have a major weakness across their defensive line...they get pushed around and the Shanny scheme will exploit this (much like the KC blueprint earlier this season)...I think it sets up real nice for Mostert.

and ayuik should be back next week, so niners offense wont be too predictable with two solid passing options to deal with (i don't think the niners have had ths luxury all year, with 2 of kittle, deebo, or ayuik out at a time).

Edited by TroutFister
  • Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

Just now, coleworld7 said:

Are we cuffing him with Wilson for the playoff push? Obviously hoping he lasts the last 4 games and stays healthy but I am thinking Wilson is the guy if anything were to happen 

Is McKinnon hurt? He was the one getting the majority of the touches while Mostert was out, correct?

9 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Is McKinnon hurt? He was the one getting the majority of the touches while Mostert was out, correct?

From what I saw McKinnon was only used on 3rd down and Wilson had a pretty similar role to mostert grounding and pounding on early downs 

Raheem will get 15-25 touches barring the game script does not go out the window. The handcuff between Wilson and Coleman is the question mark. I would not be surprised if Coleman was put into last years role (minus starting) as being the bruiser and getting the second to most touches. I also would not be surprised if he did nothing with those and Shanny goes to Wilson. I expect each of those two (Wilson and Coleman) to get 5 touches with one getting as many as 12. McKinnon early in the season was used mainly because of injuries to everyone else. His role should be third and long only with the occasional other play or two. I would not expect him to get more the 4 carriers and a target or two. 

Yeah I am just not that interested in his numerous backups (at this point of the year).

I am interested in the fact that the Bills undersized front has given up the 8th most rushing yards /game on average and  coughed up 16 rush TDs!

Get some, Raheeeeeeem.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, yossarian said:

I attribute that mostly to the other backups also being injured more than any indication of McKinnons place on the totem pole.

I think week 7 would be the template if another Mostert injury occurs and both Wilson/McKinnon are healthy. 

Was a while back, yes, but McKinnon certainly didn’t prove he’s capable of being a work horse.

16 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

I'm playing against him tonight, so expect him to eat 

I see what you’re trying to do. And I gotta say it’s in pretty poor form to come in here and try to pull that on a forum full of RM owners who have already endured a season of failure. 

Now git!

image.png

• Thanks 1

Bills fan here. Very glad he didn’t get more carries from a team rooting interest perspective. Very talented and can break any play. Surprised Wilson played so much but honestly they both can play. Unfortunately the bills’ offense controlled much of the game.

I'm not sure where to put him with the fantasy playoffs coming. With this committee not really an option. 

I think he only had two carries in the red zone. Wilson was active in the rz more frequently. 

Edited by dorwell

He looked great and he got lots of yards when he touched the ball. He didn't touch the ball nearly enough and overall the 49ers gameplan was very strange. Instead of sticking with the run to bleed the clock (and also because it was effective against a bad Bills run D) there was WAY too much Nick Mullens passing. Maybe they learned their lesson tonight? I don't know.  Maybe Shanny just doesn't think Mostert can handle 15+ touches per game. Given how much he's been injured this season maybe he's right?

• Like 1
Just now, the1gq2nvy said:

Only positive next week is washington doesn't put up a ton of pts so at least game script should be good. His been basically splitting caries since back from injury so not promising.

That WTF defensive line is no joke though. I'm not starting him next week.