Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

They are too scared to give him 20plus touches. Or even 15 plus touches due to his injury concerns. That team has been battered by injuries all year. They are going to preserve him for the playoffs. 

 

they're 2 games under .500

i'm pretty sure they should have to worry about making the playoffs first. lol

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

 

they're 2 games under .500

i'm pretty sure they should have to worry about making the playoffs first. lol

They should be worried. But I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t give your best RB the ball 15 plus times. Unless they think Wilson is better than mostert? Then I’m wrong but either way he’s not getting an optimal work load. 

Edited by StevenSC400
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StevenSC400 said:

They do. But I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t give your best RB the ball 15 plus times. Unless they think Wilson is better than mostert? Then I’m wrong but either way he’s not getting an optimal work load. 

because shanihanigans thinks he's smarter than everyone else and been pulling the same bs for years. there is no answer for his madness, i mean yeah jeff wilson looked good...but then why the heck were mckinnon an tevin coleman even on the field? neither wilson or mostert were used all that much, when the game plan should have been to keep allen off the field, run a ton, eat up the clock and not have your jobber backup qb throw 40 times. baffling. no one can trust mostert going forward, with the following games meaning so much. what a bloody waste. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TroutFister said:

because shanihanigans thinks he's smarter than everyone else and been pulling the same bs for years. there is no answer for his madness, i mean yeah jeff wilson looked good...but then why the heck were mckinnon an tevin coleman even on the field? neither wilson or mostert were used all that much, when the game plan should have been to keep allen off the field, run a ton, eat up the clock and not have your jobber backup qb throw 40 times. baffling. no one can trust mostert going forward, with the following games meaning so much. what a bloody waste. 

I think they aren’t feeding Mostert because they stopped looking at him as a 15 plus touch RB. He can change the game every time he touches the ball so why not give it to him? Because they don’t want to risk the chance of losing him for the next 2-3-4 games etc. They just don’t see him as a work horse RB. For fantasy football purposes Looks like another committee.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

I think they aren’t feeding Mostert because they stopped looking at him as a 15 plus touch RB. He can change the game every time he touches the ball so why not give it to him? Because they don’t want to risk the chance of losing him for the next 2-3-4 games etc. They just don’t see him as a work horse RB. For fantasy football purposes Looks like another committee.

Whatever the case may be, unless you’re desperate, cannot start him going forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites

[...]

Surprised by the Wilson/Mostert split, but on the flip side it's good to see that McKinnon and Coleman were both MIA. If this had been a game where the gamescript was controlled, both Wilson and Mostert would have been start worthy. Looking forward at the matchups, I see that possibility.

I know one thing...I'm grabbing Wilson in waivers for the stretch run.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

I think they aren’t feeding Mostert because they stopped looking at him as a 15 plus touch RB. He can change the game every time he touches the ball so why not give it to him? Because they don’t want to risk the chance of losing him for the next 2-3-4 games etc. They just don’t see him as a work horse RB. For fantasy football purposes Looks like another committee.


He got 18 touches last week in his first game from injury. So the 15+ touch thing isn’t accurate. Also they need to win 3 of 4 to get in the playoffs (probably) so they don’t have that luxury of not riding him. 
 

They were trailing the entire second half by double digits and only ran it 21 times vs 39 pass attempts. They average 27 runs a game vs 23 passes. Clearly the score played a big part in his reduced workload. If the game is close they get towards the 30-35 attempt mark frequently. He did still get more carries than Wilson in a game that Wilson did look a little better. 
 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know what happened yesterday. But watching Mostert get two big gains on the first series was the high point in terms of excited anticipation.  Seeing Coleman’s corpse zombie walk up to the huddle later in the game, getting carries Mostert unquestionably should have gotten, was the low point in terms of despair.  Pretty much resigned to the fact that Mostert’s next 150+ yard performance this season will do nothing for me because he’ll be planted on my bench.  Such a shame.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have said Mostert is no longer must start after this Sunday, but he was still generally efficient (14car, 65 yds) and has a juicy machup next week @Dal. Not sure if I can trust him after the last 3 duds, but if he's gonna go off this postseason, next week's as good a chance as any...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Barte said:

I would have said Mostert is no longer must start after this Sunday, but he was still generally efficient (14car, 65 yds) and has a juicy machup next week @Dal. Not sure if I can trust him after the last 3 duds, but if he's gonna go off this postseason, next week's as good a chance as any...

 

You have to hold your breath every time this guy plays I swear.

Didn't he lose a TD basically because he had to leave to get evaluated for a concussion? That's when Wilson got the TD I believe. If Mostert gets that TD I think we are singing a different tune.

The matchup is there this weekend. He's in my starting lineup for sure. Need him to rip off an 80 yarder.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
Link to post
Share on other sites

Depending on the status of other players, he's a desperation RB2. I would rather not play him because of injury risks, but the talent is clearly there and he should be getting stronger and able to take on more of a workload after a few weeks. Cowboys are a good matchup too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me among the desperate.   He seems to always look spry in the first quarter, then either fade away or quickly get Thanos'd, but he'll be in one lineup of mine for sure, and perhaps as many as 3.    

You wanna know the worst part?  I'm gonna talk myself into taking him next year, after presumably Coleman and McKinnon both leave, and they get healthier.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The backfield use here is a total cluster, but Mostert looked like he was about to take-over before the concussion scare.

And Mostert absolutely has to be a better pass-catching option than Wilson, who can barely run a route and has terrible hands (but has 8 targets in the last two games and 3 catches). The use of Wilson over even McKinnon as a COP, pass-catching option out of the backfield is really strange. But coaching is largely responsible or the 49ers recent couple losses, so guess it isn't surprising.

Edited by LongBalls
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting Mostert next week against Dallas. Even with the split in carries we could potentially see a similar case to when Baltimore gashed Dallas last week and there was plenty of production to go around. Both him and Wilson could easily get 100+ yards and a TD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

I wonder if the testing was a result of that ankle still giving him some real discomfort. I thought I seen a post where he said it still wasn't 💯. In sure the Niners don't want to risk further injury

Yeah it doesn't seem like it was a new injury at all, and he played the whole game on it except when he missed a few plays getting checked for a possible concussion. I'm thinking it's similar to Kamara last year where he said he never felt fully healed for the rest of the season. Really hoping it's just a pain management thing at this point and that he can still play next week. Wishful thinking is that they are just checking to see where it's at and that it doesn't keep him out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Yeah it doesn't seem like it was a new injury at all, and he played the whole game on it except when he missed a few plays getting checked for a possible concussion. I'm thinking it's similar to Kamara last year where he said he never felt fully healed for the rest of the season. Really hoping it's just a pain management thing at this point and that he can still play next week. Wishful thinking is that they are just checking to see where it's at and that it doesn't keep him out.

 

I guess it's wait and see now. Got both Wilson and Mostert so the earlier the news, the better for everyone involved

Link to post
Share on other sites

i know there still hasnt been any concrete news, but looking like this guy might not even be able to give me 2 games in the playoffs lol. at this point, i'd rather they sit him so i can play wilson with full confidence and not have to worry about them splitting carries against a very nice matchup

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

He apparently was evaluated for a concussion, but also had an ankle setback? Who knows with NFL coaches playing useless games with all this messaging stuff.

Short of some sort of medical issue with the MRI he will probably play a similar role to last week.

He had a carry with ~2mins left in the game, so I assume the diagnostics are precautionary.

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...