NBC Sports Edge Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

There is really no way to know what McKinnon looks like. That dude basically has entirely new legs. I imagine the 49ers look at anything they get out of him as a bonus at this point. I had Coleman last year, and you could see with your eyes the dude was just a significant step slower than Mostert. I breathed a sigh of relief anytime the 49ers took Mostert off the field when they played the Ravens. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

There is really no way to know what McKinnon looks like. That dude basically has entirely new legs. I imagine the 49ers look at anything they get out of him as a bonus at this point. I had Coleman last year, and you could see with your eyes the dude was just a significant step slower than Mostert. I breathed a sigh of relief anytime the 49ers took Mostert off the field when they played the Ravens. 

One knee, one ACL, one surgery and another procedure. 

12 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Going to be some disappointed folks who take him in the 4th/5th.

He's not going to be a bellcow under Shanahan, and no amount of RW hype posts will make it happen. Going to be a committee. Better hope Mostert makes the most of his 12 carries a game.

Davonta Freeman wasn't a true bell cow under Shanahan and he was still, what, a top 3 RB that year?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fierylady said:

Davonta Freeman wasn't a true bell cow under Shanahan and he was still, what, a top 3 RB that year?

Freeman was absolutely a bell cow that year in 2015. Coleman got injured and Freeman took over in week 3. First week in, he handled the rock 35 times (30 rushes and 5 receptions). In fact he had games where he touched the ball 35, 34 and 32 times that season out of the 13 games starting from week 3. He had 265 rushes and 73 receptions that year while Coleman only got 87 rushes and 2 receptions. 265 attempts was 4th in the league in 2015 and would have been tied with Fournette for 7th in 2019. The 73 receptions were 2nd in the league among RBs that year behind Riddick whose only job is to catch passes. As much as I like Mostert, that sort of usage this year with Mostert/Coleman would be pretty shocking if Coleman is healthy, not to mention what McKinnon/Wilson will carve out. 73 receptions is out of the question but even 265 rushes will be a tall order given the depth for the 49ers. I think a reasonable expectation for Mostert is right around RB15 with td upside to maybe sneak into top12.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

I like Raheem, but the difference is freeman caught the ball a ton. 

Raheem was a college WR, and they are short on receivers, potential is there. 

But I don’t think a reception windfall is necessary. He’s going to do a ton of damage on the ground. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SpartanEric said:

Raheem was a college WR, and they are short on receivers, potential is there. 

But I don’t think a reception windfall is necessary. He’s going to do a ton of damage on the ground. 

Going to be a bunch of shenanigans again. Like every year. Watch hasty get some run this year and McKinnon actually look healthy. Nothing changes with Shanahan- hell throw any warm body in there to prove to himself he’s an elite coach.

49ers defense probably regressing too- which bodes well for jimmy g and kittle etc

9 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Going to be a bunch of shenanigans again. Like every year. Watch hasty get some run this year and McKinnon actually look healthy. Nothing changes with Shanahan- hell throw any warm body in there to prove to himself he’s an elite coach.

49ers defense probably regressing too- which bodes well for jimmy g and kittle etc

Until it matters, and he will put his best player out there which is easily Mostert. I doubt the defense regresses to the point they abandon the run. Probably be locked in a bunch of close games. 

Locked and loaded, grabbed him late 7th round and was happy nobody got him between early 6th until my pick in the 7th. Not a guy I plan to roll out there a bunch but a solid BYE week fill-in and FLEX vs easy matchups. That said, I won't play him till I at least see how Shanny divvies up the carries. Fingers Crossed

This guy is going to win owners the ship this year.

Always been a big fan of his, was STOKED when he finally got the chance last year. The guy has averaged 6.0 YPC over his entire career, the dude is a monster.

Tevin Coleman seems like an after-thought now...He's been given chances, on both ATL and SF, and hasn't really done anything with it...

Mostert should be in line for 15-20 carries per game, and DONT SLEEP on him as a receiver out of the backfield. Wouldn't be surprised to see him reel in 20-30 catches this season.

At his current draft position, this guy feels like an absolute steal.

With a run-happy offense who wants to limit Jimmy G throwing, along with a very fantasy friendly RB schedule, there's not much more you can ask for. Breida is gone, and really the only worry is Tevin Coleman siphoning some carries and maybe a few targets. But I would venture to guess the carries ratio is somewhere between 75/25 Mostert, with Coleman getting a 70/30 work on passing downs.

If healthy, Mostert could be a league-winner.

EOS Prediction Stats for Mostert: 225 Carries, 1,250 Rushing Yards, 12 TD // 25 Catches, 250 Receiving Yards, 2 TD

• Like 4

So, let me get this straight, I shouldn't draft the most talented back on the #2 rushing offense in the league after a breakout year/contract extension because Jerrick Mckinnon, who hasn't taken a meaningful snap since 2018, might catch passes and steal some 3rd down work.  

...really? Is that it? Because any less risk and we'd be talking about a top 30 pick, which he isn't. 

• Like 4
On 9/7/2020 at 12:22 PM, Robrain said:

Feels like when Forsett finally got his chance.

Justin Forsett 2014: 235/1266/8 rushing; 44/263/0 receiving - ADP was like a billion
Justin Forsett 2015: 151/641/2 rushing; 31/153/0 receiving - ADP 2.07

I hope that's not the comparison you're going for!

(I understand the point you're trying to make, but the comparison between the two as UDFA's, bouncing around for a while, then having one good season and flaming out gives me the shivers!)

• Like 1

Lol MVP considerations is insanely bold. To be considered an MVP candidate as a RB means you’re pretty much the best RB in the league that year like CMac 2019, or Gurley 2017-2018. That’s 350+ half ppr fantasy points for the year.

spacer.png

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Haha 1

MVP might be a stretch...but he could easily cement himself into becoming a Top-6/7 RB by seasons end, with the likes of CMC, Barkley, Henry, Kamara and Elliott.

I think he's going to blow past guys like Chris Carson, Sanders, Jacobs, Chubb and Conner.

Edited by CORTEz
2 minutes ago, CViewPride35 said:

Get him cheap while you can... he is gonna have a monster week 1.

24 carries 216 yds, 24 TDS..

MVP after week 1.. GOAT!

I concur with this.

I'm thinking: 20 carries, 147 rushing yards, 2 td. // 2 catches, 15 yards

• Like 1