NBC Sports Edge Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

I may need help, but after watching him closely...I honestly think Mostert is a top 5 back this year.  I know it sounds crazy.  However on just 137 carries, he had near 800 yards and 8tds last year.  And he looked the part every step of the way.  He always passed the eye test.  San Fran paid him alittle extra and I believe they'll make him work for it.  Ride the wheels off, we certainly don't mind... So long as the wheels fall off next year. 

Mostert being a top back is a seemingly long shot by most.  It's true, San Fran has a recent history of RBBC, but they moved Breida, Coleman is a certified bum, and McKinnon is the sickly 3-down back that never was.  Meanwhile, we all agree the Shanahan rushing attack is tops in the league. 

You want to come down to the rotoworld forums and yell, "IT'S HAPPENING"?  Do it for someone where it actually is... Mostert. 

Choo?

spacer.png

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 5
On 9/8/2020 at 10:01 PM, mikeflavaz said:

I may need help, but after watching him closely...I honestly think Mostert is a top 5 back this year.  I know it sounds crazy.  However on just 137 carries, he had near 800 yards and 8tds last year.  And he looked the part every step of the way.  He always passed the eye test.  San Fran paid him alittle extra and I believe they'll make him work for it.  Ride the wheels off, we certainly don't mind... So long as the wheels fall off next year. 

Mostert being a top back is a seemingly long shot by most.  It's true, San Fran has a recent history of RBBC, but they moved Breida, Coleman is a certified bum, and McKinnon is the sickly 3-down back that never was.  Meanwhile, we all agree the Shanahan rushing attack is tops in the league. 

You want to come down to the rotoworld forums and yell, "IT'S HAPPENING"?  Do it for someone where it actually is... Mostert. 

Choo?

spacer.png

Honestly even 2 seasons ago he was the most explosive running back I've seen. 

Ironically breaking his forearm pushed back his breakout that was foreshadowed 2 seasons ago.

If you got this cat post pick 60 he could be one of the biggest contributors to your fantasy success his upside is that high in San Fran.  Unfortunate for me in all my drafts I had to pounce pre pick 60 but I was still elated to get him at 48th overall in one draft.

I honestly think he is in prime position to tilt leagues--given his draft price. Despite pretty awesome production last year (and some absurdly good playoff performances) he got some extreme baked in discount due to the Shanny reputation. There are very few true bellcows, but in this scheme he does not need to be one to produce. I have gotten him mostly in the early to mid 5th, and then in my last draft I was able to catch him at 6-9 in a 12 teamer--as my flex. I get some of the trepidation, but I am excited to see him as the main back from jump street this season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rotocious said:

Honestly even 2 seasons ago he was the most explosive running back I've seen. 

Ironically breaking his forearm pushed back his breakout that was foreshadowed 2 seasons ago.

Agree with this 100%. If you look at his career, his YPC has always been ridiculously high. That will naturally come down with more touches, but he could legitimately be a star if they feature him. He's a very capable route runner and pass catcher as well, but just give him the majority of carries and he'll be in the running for fantasy MVP.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Hyped on him. Got him at RB4 price, but think he may be more of a RB2-3. 

He's a legit consideration for the FLEX each week, starting with week 1...

spacer.png

He's easily an RB2 in a split back situation, if he gets more, the sky's the limit. He's my flex, but only bc I have Kamara & Drake.

Edited by trilly
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, trilly said:

Agree with this 100%. If you look at his career, his YPC has always been ridiculously high. That will naturally come down with more touches, but he could legitimately be a star if they feature him. He's a very capable route runner and pass catcher as well, but just give him the majority of carries and he'll be in the running for fantasy MVP.

Kind of reminds me of Andre Ellington in that regard. His best value may be in that change of pace big ypc role. If he gets carried between the tackle he could break down similar to Ellington so I hope shanny is smart in how he deploys Mos

• Like 1

He needs 16 touches a game.  If he does that, that's 250 touches on the year.

That's gotta be High End RB2, possibly RB1.

He's got the talent and team, he just needs the numbers and to stay healthy.

I have him and Deebo in most of my leagues and I believe he's gifted, but he needs the carries.

FYI Fantasypros has him as a RB3 this week and this against Arizona which is a good matchup for RBs afaik. Hope and think he will be better than a fringe flex play.

Mostert should be considered a risk/reward RB3 this week who should be in the lead role, especially on the goal line. It does help that he’s a big home favorite, as that correlates very well.

1 hour ago, umphrey said:

I think this is going to be the angriest thread after he gets 10 carries 30 yards 0 TDs week 1 haha

I didn’t think of it until I read your comment, but now this thread is giving me 2019 David Montgomery vibes. And of course I had Montgomery last year and Monster Mostert this year. 

I don't know what to think looking at some of the comments in here. I had to take him in the 4th round (42 overall) in a 12-teamer just to secure a decent RB2 - having him as a flex back is a luxury imo.

I think he could be a fine RB2 given his skills and his situation. Anything beyond that - I'm not expecting. There's always something with this guy. I don't expect him to play every game put it that way.

He’s no DMont lol that I’m sure of. DMont has no talent and his offense is bad. Mostert has at least some talent and his offense is good. Though we know he might disappear in a RBBC sometimes and their running game isn’t going to pop off every week. 

I thought he was good value this year when compared to who he was being drafted around, Mckinnon takes over for Breida and has injury concerns like he did and Coleman isn’t the most durable. He is a lot of guys 3rd or 4th rb but he will be rb2 this year in all formats.