NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

The other side that I don’t see anyone talking about is well it’s Jameis. I had him in all my leagues last year and he won me some leagues. With all that being said, what if Peyton benches him? Could be a possibility cause like I’ve said I see him starting. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

taysom hill owners once their fellow league managers see him slotted into the TE position  

I really like his matchup this weekend, Atlanta is last in the league against TE's, so I'm expecting a pretty big game.  

Posted Images

Just now, fantasymad said:

If he is announced starter ESPN is taking that TE eligibility away faster than our freedom during this pandemic lol. 

Well ain't that some bullsnap... I bet they don't give people their waiver priority or FAAB Budget back upon making that move.

20 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

While I do think Jameis will start I think Hill will play more then he did with Brees in there. Fantasy TE is such a wasteland as well. Sure I can start tonyan or graham or someone like that and get my 3-6 points but I’m going to roll him out there regardless of who’s the “starter”. They play Atlanta as well and the over under is at 51.5 so I’m gambling and starting him. 

That wasn't how Taysom was used last year, so I'm not sure I understand why people expect his usage to be different this year with Brees out. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, FouLLine said:

Well ain't that some bullsnap... I bet they don't give people their waiver priority or FAAB Budget back upon making that move.

The guy who said they are taking it away doesn’t know that lmao. Just put him in now and your good anyways for the week. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

If he is announced starter ESPN is taking that TE eligibility away faster than our freedom during this pandemic lol. 

I believe ESPN stated that the eligibility decision would come based on snap counts? Wouldn't that mean we get at least 1 game with the cheat code?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, fantasymad said:

The next hack to this may be lock him into your TE lineup now and hopefully he can just be stuck there ROS.  Similar things have worked on CBS and Yahoo in keeper leagues upon keepers losing eligibility at specific positions 

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

That wasn't how Taysom was used last year, so I'm not sure I understand why people expect his usage to be different this year with Brees out. 

First this isn’t last year and second my comments have been geared towards how bad the TE position is outside Kelce. If you read and understood my post that’s what it was about. 

3 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

First this isn’t last year and second my comments have been geared towards how bad the TE position is outside Kelce. If you read and understood my post that’s what it was about. 

First, it only makes sense for last year's actions to dictate the most likely possibility for this year. Second, you said this: "I think Hill will play more then he did with Brees in there." That is the specific comment I addressed, so I did read and understand your post. 

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

First, it only makes sense for last year's actions to dictate the most likely possibility for this year. Second, you said this: "I think Hill will play more then he did with Brees in there." That is the specific comment I addressed, so I did read and understand your post. 

Lol last year Jameis wasn’t the qb plus Hill is another year in the offense. And again it was geared towards the TE wasteland which not sure why you are ignoring. 

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

They will if the team starts him at QB. Seen it done for other players. Different situations though.

Really?  I assumed he'd keep TE but add QB elig. Typically you see eligibility removed between seasons, only added during, based on snap counts.  I guess I could be wrong but it seems strange that they'd take it away.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

And also his usage is already up from last year. 

In 2019, Hill's usage with Brees active was 5.6% compared to 4.9% with Bridgewater. However, his usage has gone up in 2020 to 9.4%.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Lol last year Jameis wasn’t the qb plus Hill is another year in the offense. And again it was geared towards the TE wasteland which not sure why you are ignoring. 

Another year in the offense isn't even an argument. Hill has been in NOLA for all four of his NFL seasons, so I'm not even sure why you would think that would be a thing. And as a Saints fan, I'm quite aware Jameis wasn't here last year, but that has nothing to do with nothing. 

I'm ignoring your TE wasteland comments because that has nothing to do with the part of your post I quoted. You said you expect Hill to play more with Brees out this year, and that is a stand-alone argument. I'm sorry that you can't see that. That is a point that can be discussed separate from the TE wasteland. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

And also his usage is already up from last year. 

In 2019, Hill's usage with Brees active was 5.6% compared to 4.9% with Bridgewater. However, his usage has gone up in 2020 to 9.4%.

The stats you quoted have nothing to do with the part of your post I addressed. You said, "I think Hill will play more then he did with Brees in there." I don't care that is usage went up with Brees IN the games. The point you stated is that Hill's usage will go up with Brees OUT, and I don't think that will be a reality unless Jameis craps the bed or gets hurt. Again I'll point to last year where Payton set a precedent, and I'll also point to the fact that Hill is now the backup QB. Why in the world would Payton use his now-backup QB more and put both of his healthy QBs at a greater risk of injury? It doesn't even make sense. Hill will still be a part of the offense, but unless Winston has to be replaced, it's unlikely that he'll be a bigger part of the offense than he was with Brees starting. 

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Another year in the offense isn't even an argument. Hill has been in NOLA for all four of his NFL seasons, so I'm not even sure why you would think that would be a thing. And as a Saints fan, I'm quite aware Jameis wasn't here last year, but hat has nothing to do with nothing. 

I'm ignoring your TE wasteland comments because that has nothing to do with the part of your post I quoted. You said you expect Hill to play more with Brees out this year, and that is a stand-alone argument. I'm sorry that you can't see that. That is a point that can be discussed separate from the TE wasteland. 

The Saints are playing for the #1 seed... The more I think about it the more I realize they need to get as much out of Taysom as they can... Brees will be back for the playoffs and they do have Winston.

Just now, FouLLine said:

The Saints are playing for the #1 seed... The more I think about it the more I realize they need to get as much out of Taysom as they can... Brees will be back for the playoffs and they do have Winston.

If I am proven wrong, I'll come back and admit that. But Payton would be foolish to increase Hill's usage when Hill is now his backup QB. They have too many other weapons they can lean on...Kamara, Murray, MT, Sanders, Cook. It's not like the Saints are bereft of options offensively and are forced to use Taysom more. 

11 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Imagine being a gadget guy and getting paid $10.5m annually...what a life.

Had to go search for an article I read a couple years ago.  But this is why Sean Peyton loves Taysom Hill.

Taysom Hills combine stats:

4.44 second 40 time, 38.5 vertical jump, 10.2' broad jump.

To put that in perspective, Stanford’s running back Christian McCaffrey, one of the best athletes in the 2017 draft, was taken No. 8 overall by the Carolina Panthers. His NFL Combine 40 time was 4.48, his broad jump 10.1, vertical 37.5 and he weighed 10 pounds less than Hill.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Another year in the offense isn't even an argument. Hill has been in NOLA for all four of his NFL seasons, so I'm not even sure why you would think that would be a thing. And as a Saints fan, I'm quite aware Jameis wasn't here last year, but that has nothing to do with nothing. 

Lol thanks for playing but your wrong on both accounts. And you quoted my whole post which is where i spoke about the wasteland. Good try taking a comment where I said I was “gambling on the TE wasteland” and starting Hill. And also another year does matter as he’s played more then last. 

• Haha 1
Just now, FouLLine said:

Had to go search for an article I read a couple years ago.  But this is why Sean Peyton loves Taysom Hill.

Taysom Hills combine stats:

4.44 second 40 time, 38.5 vertical jump, 10.2' broad jump.

To put that in perspective, Stanford’s running back Christian McCaffrey, one of the best athletes in the 2017 draft, was taken No. 8 overall by the Carolina Panthers. His NFL Combine 40 time was 4.48, his broad jump 10.1, vertical 37.5 and he weighed 10 pounds less than Hill.

Athletically, he's a stud. I think one of the bigger concerns with Hill and why he's not used more than he has been (aside from all the weapons the Saints have) is concerns about his injury history at BYU. Maybe he's over that, but he was constantly injured in college when he was the starting QB. Tbh, I'm hoping he's past all that because I'm surprised that he hasn't been hurt already in his NFL career because of how violently he plays the game, lol. Personally, I think Hill could be a very good RB in the NFL or even a very good WR. Even though he's not a good passer, there's just not a lot he can't do. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, UcanTry said:

Lol thanks for playing but your wrong on both accounts. And you quoted my whole post which is where i spoke about the wasteland. Good try taking a comment where I said I was “gambling on the TE wasteland” and starting Hill. And also another year does matter as he’s played more then last. 

Hey, thanks for playing, but you obviously have no clue what you're talking about. I've been wrong about nothing I've posted in response to you. Period. And what "good try" are you talking about? Are you that dense? I replied to one stand-alone comment in your post about Hill playing more with Brees out this year. Well, I'm not wasting any more of my time on you. You can try and keep trying, but maybe you should stop trying. Have a nice day.