NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Hey, thanks for playing, but you obviously have no clue what you're talking about. I've been wrong about nothing I've posted in response to you. Period. And what "good try" are you talking about? Are you that dense? I replied to one stand-alone comment in your post about Hill playing more with Brees out this year. Well, I'm not wasting any more of my time on you. You can try and keep trying, but maybe you should stop trying. Have a nice day. 

As I expected you to run away, which I do appreciate. I guess since your a “Saints fan” you know everything. As I was quoted it said “I think” and I’m entitled to my opinion but you have this god complex where no one else can have an opinion.  Thanks for turning a simple comment into something where you try to make it like you know everything 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

taysom hill owners once their fellow league managers see him slotted into the TE position  

I really like his matchup this weekend, Atlanta is last in the league against TE's, so I'm expecting a pretty big game.  

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

As I expected you to run away, which I do appreciate. I guess since your a “Saints fan” you know everything. As I was quoted it said “I think” and I’m entitled to my opinion but you have this god complex where no one else can have an opinion.  Thanks for turning a simple comment into something where you try to make it like you know everything 

Not running away, but tired of spinning my wheels with you. We're having a cyclical argument. Never said I know everything, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. I'm just as entitled to my opinion as you are. We've both expressed our opinions just as much as the other. 

Okay...so let's start over and let's just have a cordial discussion. Cool? I respectfully disagree with your assessment that Hill will play more with Brees out this year. I look at last year's precedent set by Payton as one reason. Another reason that leads me to this conclusion is that I don't believe Payton will want to utilize his now-backup QB in case he's needed to be the starting QB before Brees comes back (if he comes back). Is it possible? Sure, but just don't believe it will happen. 

I never intended to get into your TE comments because it wasn't the point I was attempting to address, but I do agree that TE is a wasteland. I don't fault anyone for picking him up and considering him as a potential TE play. Heck, I picked him up in a FleaFlicker league because he has WR eligibility there, and I did so just in case Winston turns the ball over too much (though Hill has 4 fumbles this year) or gets hurt. I don't know that I'd start Hill at TE this week unless my other options were just that bad. 

I apologize for getting snarky. I was frustrated because I believed you either weren't understanding what I was trying to say or just wasn't interested in what I was saying. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

Had to go search for an article I read a couple years ago.  But this is why Sean Peyton loves Taysom Hill.

Taysom Hills combine stats:

4.44 second 40 time, 38.5 vertical jump, 10.2' broad jump.

To put that in perspective, Stanford’s running back Christian McCaffrey, one of the best athletes in the 2017 draft, was taken No. 8 overall by the Carolina Panthers. His NFL Combine 40 time was 4.48, his broad jump 10.1, vertical 37.5 and he weighed 10 pounds less than Hill.

Here's the article if anyone wanted to read it:

https://www.deseret.com/2017/4/29/20611286/taysom-hill-s-latest-comeback-his-4-4-forty-time-underscores-his-resiliency-drive-says-trainer#byu-quarterback-taysom-hill-throws-during-pro-day-in-provo-on-friday-march-24-2017

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, oban14 said:

Is that a thing? I thought once eligibility is set, its there the rest of the year.

They can rescind it during the season and have said that they will. The question is how close to a given week would they do it. Like if Payton named Hill the starter on Friday, would they take away TE eligibility for Sunday's game? That I don't know.

15 minutes ago, acn1315 said:

Oh me too. Guy I'm playing against basically has to win this week and is raging at me about this. 

Lol. I wouldn’t be raging at you. Two reasons...one, you’re playing the game within the game, so kudos for that, lol. Two, Hill has six games under 5pts in half PPR. So until he proves otherwise, I’m not overly concerned about him being any better than the other dregs at TE. Maybe he will be...maybe he won’t. 

1 hour ago, oban14 said:

Is that a thing? I thought once eligibility is set, its there the rest of the year.

I thought the same. That they could add something (Like RB to Ty Montgomery) but not take away.

They haven't taken away Cordarrelle's WR eligibility and he's pretty much a RB now.

Why do I feel like everyone is ignoring the fact that Taysom could be the starter and still have Jameis as a backup in case of injury until Brees comes back. Everyone saying they don't want their backup Qb (Taysom) to get hurt, but what if Jameis is that backup? 👀

2 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

A lot of you guys are down on Fant and I get that as I've owned him all season in multiple leagues.  But it's early in his career to really call him injury prone.  Some years players just get a year where they are constantly banged up.  Sometimes you come back too early from this and end up aggravating that now.  Give him another offseason to better train his body and better understand the stress The NFL level of football puts on his body.  There's a lot of upside here especially in the future.  But outside of Taysom Hill there aren't any other TE's not named Kelce I'd rather roll the dice on ROS.

?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Why do I feel like everyone is ignoring the fact that Taysom could be the starter and still have Jameis as a backup in case of injury until Brees comes back. Everyone saying they don't want their backup Qb (Taysom) to get hurt, but what if Jameis is that backup? 👀

I feel it's pretty industry consensus that Winston is the most likely case scenario.  But Sean Payton hasn't committed to one or the other yet.  So either is still possible.  They may have a real battle in practice to determine who the starter is.

1 minute ago, ThreadKiller said:

Where does Taysom Hill have TE eligibility and why would he?

ESPN and because he may get some QB work as well as RB work as well as WR work.  Taysom Hill could be the most unfair player down the stretch if they don't take TE eligibility away from him.