NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

taysom hill owners once their fellow league managers see him slotted into the TE position  

I really like his matchup this weekend, Atlanta is last in the league against TE's, so I'm expecting a pretty big game.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Why do I feel like everyone is ignoring the fact that Taysom could be the starter and still have Jameis as a backup in case of injury until Brees comes back. Everyone saying they don't want their backup Qb (Taysom) to get hurt, but what if Jameis is that backup? 👀

Because we're all going by what Payton did last year and because Taysom would be more likely to be the latest rendition of Tebow. 

35 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

I feel it's pretty industry consensus that Winston is the most likely case scenario.  But Sean Payton hasn't committed to one or the other yet.  So either is still possible.  They may have a real battle in practice to determine who the starter is.

I have no evidence, but I highly suspect Payton has already decided who is starter is. He hasn't committed to one in the media, and he won't right now. But I doubt there's any question in his mind. 

27 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

And why so many of you care about what the saints pay him is funny. Payton values him, plain and simple.

He basically almost won the playoff game last year against Vikes by himself.

Amen!!

Hill's touch total by week: 4, 2, 3, 4, 3, 1, 7, 8, 8. He's scored 10+ points in two out of the last three games.

Looking doubtful that Taysom gets the start at QB but you can certainly make the case that he deserves more touches going forward. Dude has looked like the Saints second best player in recent weeks and that's with MT back in the fold. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, acn1315 said:

They can rescind it during the season and have said that they will. The question is how close to a given week would they do it. Like if Payton named Hill the starter on Friday, would they take away TE eligibility for Sunday's game? That I don't know.

I think I saw that ESPN said he has TE and QB eligibility this week, and they'll reevaluate going forward if position eligibility needs adjusting.  So I think he's for sure TE eligible this week.  I can't imagine after just one week that they would take it away.  This is different than Yahoo, where once position eligibility is assigned for a season, they wouldn't take it away (thank you TE Marques Colston!).

I play in one ESPN league, and I'm throwing Hill in the TE slot just for the heck of it because I think it'll be fun and these chances don't come around very often.  Two years ago, Jaylen Samuels got me to the promised land playing RB but I got to put him in as a TE in Yahoo.  Taking advantage of these little nuances is what separates the great from the average, and it certainly will infuriate your league mates!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

Hill's touch total by week: 4, 2, 3, 4, 3, 1, 7, 8, 8. He's scored 10+ points in two out of the last three games.

Looking doubtful that Taysom gets the start at QB but you can certainly make the case that he deserves more touches going forward. Dude has looked like the Saints second best player in recent weeks and that's with MT back in the fold. 

This. All day this. WIth him, you Taysom good with the bad and looks like there's a lot more good in store, that's not to Taysom air out of any anti-Taysom sails out there.

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

Now they’re talking about him starting at QB. He’s a league winning TE in ESPN leagues!

For real! I just wish they didn’t say they would be proactive in monitoring the situation. Oh well going to enjoy this potential cheat dude as much as possible lol.

18 minutes ago, yanksman said:
Intrigue in New Orleans: The #Saints

NFL_2020_2021_Saints.png
have given QB Taysom Hill starter reps in practice this week, source said. So while Jameis Winston took over for injured Drew Brees last week, signs are pointing towards Hill getting his first NFL start at QB if all checks out after practice.

Yeah, I just read this from Adam Koffler, too. I'm very, very surprised. But it looks like we may get to see what he has as a QB. 

The next question is, will he and Winston split snaps at QB? That would seem to make it difficult for either to get in a rhythm, so hopefully Payton picks one and sticks with him.