NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Yeah, I just read this from Adam Koffler, too. I'm very, very surprised. But it looks like we may get to see what he has as a QB. 

The next question is, will he and Winston split snaps at QB? That would seem to make it difficult for either to get in a rhythm, so hopefully Payton picks one and sticks with him. 

Who's Adam Koffler?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

taysom hill owners once their fellow league managers see him slotted into the TE position  

I really like his matchup this weekend, Atlanta is last in the league against TE's, so I'm expecting a pretty big game.  

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

When will ESPN ruin our plan and take his TE eligibility away?

I don't know how many guys play on FleaFlicker, but Taysom has WR eligibility there. If he starts at QB, he'll be my WR/TE flex, and I'm sure he'll be flexed or started as a WR2 in a lot of FleaFlicker leagues. 

As much as I've been EXTREMELY vocal in this thread about picking this guy up this week, this wasn't the optimal outcome.

The optimal outcome ROS was Jameis being named starter but Taysom mixing in for a large chunk of QB snaps (way more than he was getting with Brees at the helm), but still playing RB/TE/WR so ESPN couldn't move him to off of TE. This is likely looking like a 1 week cheat code now.

But still, I picked him up this week and am PUMPED about it. Fire him up this week boys!

Edited by USWAY
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, USWAY said:

As much as I've been EXTREMELY vocal in this thread about picking this guy up this week, this wasn't the optimal outcome.

The optimal outcome ROS was Jameis being named starter but Taysom mixing in for a large chunk of QB snaps (way more than he was getting with Brees at the helm), but still playing RB/TE/WR so ESPN couldn't move him to off of TE. This is likely looking like a 1 week cheat code now.

But still, I picked him up this week and am PUMPED about it. Fire him up this week boys!

If you want to be able to play Hill at TE, this is exactly the optimal option. Taysom was not going to get way more QB snaps with Brees out. 

Just now, Flyman75 said:

If you want to be able to play Hill at TE, this is exactly the optimal option. Taysom was not going to get way more QB snaps with Brees out. 

I get the argument about what happened last year, or that they would need to keep the back up healthy so he'd get less snaps, etc etc. My point is that Matt Berry has already hinted at the fact that if Hill gets the majority of his reps at QB they are going to move the tag as early as next week. Then we will not be able to play Taysom at TE.

1 minute ago, Silkk1211 said:

My question is if we keep in locked in at TE how will espn be able to remove him from that slot?

I'd speculate it may work like IR after this week.  They don't force you activate a player once they come of IR but you can't make any waiver or FA adds as long as its like that.

Just now, USWAY said:

I get the argument about what happened last year, or that they would need to keep the back up healthy so he'd get less snaps, etc etc. My point is that Matt Berry has already hinted at the fact that if Hill gets the majority of his reps at QB they are going to move the tag as early as next week. Then we will not be able to play Taysom at TE.

I know this won't be popular with non-Taysom owners, but shame on them if they do that. He was legitimately tagged as a TE by them, so stick with it. That's a load of hooey to change it mid-season just because his situation changed and he became a starting QB. I know baseball and football are different, but fantasy baseball platforms allow a player to remain at a position all season long once they give him that eligibility prior to the season, even if he never plays an inning there. And I get it, a TE playing QB is a cheat code, but it should stay that way all season. Jmho. 

Alright, I know all the talk here is about the weird eligibility with Hill being TE and even WR eligible in some formats. 

But if he is the primary QB for the Saints this weekend against the Falcons, with his rushing upside and the single best QB matchup this year... why would he not be a top end QB streamer in leagues where he doesn't have weird eligibility?

2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I'd speculate it may work like IR after this week.  They don't force you activate a player once they come of IR but you can't make any waiver or FA adds as long as its like that.

might be worth it to not make any more adds if you can play a qb at TE.