NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

taysom hill owners once their fellow league managers see him slotted into the TE position  

I really like his matchup this weekend, Atlanta is last in the league against TE's, so I'm expecting a pretty big game.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

If I'm commissioner of a leauge, I'm NOT allowing anyone to start Hill at TE. That's a joke. The guy is starting at QB. Might as well start Tom Brady as your kicker. Nonsense!

If you're going to exercise commish powers to usurp what a platform allows, then good luck keeping a league together. That's a power play that creates a dangerous precedent. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
4 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

If I'm commissioner of a leauge, I'm NOT allowing anyone to start Hill at TE. That's a joke. The guy is starting at QB. Might as well start Tom Brady as your kicker. Nonsense!

I'd rather have Koo at QB or RB tbqh

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I hope you clarified that with your league before waivers ran or anyone picked him up because everyone had a fair chance to pick him up! Sounds like you’re just bitter you don’t have him.

• Like 5
Just now, smash10033 said:

Props to whoever grabbed him in the leagues where he was tight end eligible.    Is there any chance they change that prior to Sunday ? 

No espn is leaving it as is this week but will re-evaluate based on his snaps for next week

Props to whoever grabbed him in the leagues where he was tight end eligible.    Is there any chance they change that prior to Sunday ? 

ESPN already said they ruled week 11 to have TE eligibility it won't be changed now. My guess it will changed next week.

4 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

I was there for the Jaylon Samuels debate and i am absolutely here for this one too.

Yeah that one lasted multiple weeks and was in the FF playoffs though.

This seems to be a 1 week thing... if this one stretches over say the rest of the season?? Sheesh...

Edited by next big thing cp84
9 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I'd speculate it may work like IR after this week.  They don't force you activate a player once they come of IR but you can't make any waiver or FA adds as long as its like that.

That’s what I was thinking. If that’s the case I would have to be pretty desperate to even think about making any adds if that meant I had to remove him from TE lol

• Like 2

No ESPN has already said they are not removing his TE eligibility for THIS week

10 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Nope.

What the real nonsense is when league commissioners try to play god and be over the top controlling. If he qualifies somewhere on the platform your team chooses to use, then it's perfectly within the rules to use him there.

EDIT: And how is the analogy of using Brady at kicker relevant? Tom Brady isn't a kicker and doesn't qualify at kicker. Taysom Hill has lined up at TE this season, so he qualifies there on some platforms. Get over it.

*Coming from someone who plays on Sleeper where he is only listed as QB.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Kilo said:

Who has the courage to start him this week?  The matchup is gold but, I'm in a must win week.  I'm on the fence.

I have Josh Allen on bye and was going to start Goff, but with Goff not doing much and with him playing against the Buccaneers good defense, I think I will start Taysom Hill over Goff now. 

Edited by nine9s
1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

Bro, it's a QB in the TE slot. It's a slam dunk

I play in a Yahoo league and he doesn't have TE eligibility.  If he did have TE designation in Yahoo then yeah, no brainer.

Edited by Kilo
1 minute ago, Kilo said:

Who has the courage to start him this week?  The matchup is gold but, I'm in a must win week.  I'm on the fence.

From what I read, there's ZERO offensive packages for Winston this week. Besides his ability to run, there's going to be a few dump offs to Kamara and others.

4 minutes ago, Kilo said:

I mean, how can you not start him at TE?

EDIT sorry I just noticed you dont play ESPN

Edited by Jordan23