NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

4 minutes ago, BigOrangeScrew said:

Locked and loaded with Josh Allen on the bye.  Can’t wait to see what happens.

Youre braver than i. Starting him at TE in one league of course and picked him up (qb only) in another. Excited for this game more than any other this year!

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

taysom hill owners once their fellow league managers see him slotted into the TE position  

I really like his matchup this weekend, Atlanta is last in the league against TE's, so I'm expecting a pretty big game.  

Posted Images

Saints head coach Sean Payton won't name a starting quarterback for Week 11 against the Falcons. 

“I haven’t announced that either one of them are starting," Payton said when asked whether Taysom Hill or Jameis Winston would start in placed of Drew Brees (ribs, lung) this week. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Friday that Hill would start Week 11 against Atlanta. That doesn't mean Winston won't be involved in some way against the Falcons. If he gets the nod at QB, Hill would be a top-end tight end option on fantasy sites that give him tight end eligibility, while said eligibility sparks a civil war on fantasy football Twitter. 

The Vent & Rant Thread is going to be WILD if Winston ends up starting or coming in after the first snap.  The hate will be the first thing people have agreed on in these forums over the next 72 hours.

2 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Ok so 2 games. Nice sample size. 

3 games... and you missed the entire point.  You posed a question to the board.. 

7 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Probably kills Michael Thomas's value, right?  

and I answered....

It can't get any worse so, I don't think so.  Truth is, Brees throws it all over the field.  Hill or Winston may lock on to Thomas.  

So what's the deal? Seems like a logical answer in a prism of possible answers. Let it go. Move on if you don't like it.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

The Vent & Rant Thread is going to be WILD if Winston ends up starting or coming in after the first snap.  The hate will be the first thing people have agreed on in these forums over the next 72 hours.

The people playing him at QB might be disappointed. The ones playing hkm at TE are going to be jumping for joy. Have you seen TE this year if he rushes for 40 yards he’s probably going to be a top 5 TE. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mikeflavaz said:

3 games... and you missed the entire point.  You posed a question to the board.. 

7 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Probably kills Michael Thomas's value, right?  

and I answered....

It can't get any worse so, I don't think so.  Truth is, Brees throws it all over the field.  Hill or Winston may lock on to Thomas.  

So what's the deal? Seems like a logical answer in a prism of possible answers. Let it go. Move on if you don't like it.  

It kills Michael Thomas's value. Brees is known for locking in on Thomas. Your response is not logical. Thanks for coming out. 

5 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

It kills Michael Thomas's value. Brees is known for locking in on Thomas. Your response is not logical. Thanks for coming out. 

Remind me again what his value has been this year. His actual production value has been the equivalent of someone like Jalen Reagor. 

If he goes for more than his season high of 51 yards, we might be on to something.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Oh, word?? That seems like a logical standard to you. So, if some rookie QB doesn't play a single snap, but kicks a field goal for fun in a 40 point blowout, then he should have kicker eligibility the next season. I mean, he played 100% of his snaps at kicker the previous season. So, if he's now a starting NFL QB, you can start him as kicker all year. Cool.

Seriously though, maybe we shouldn't base positional eligibility on what position the player played in the previous season. There has to be another way to decide positional eligibility. Hmm.. maybe something like... I don't know... umm... THE POSITION THE PLAYER IS PLAYING IN THE GAME YOU START HIM!!!!!

Jesus.

this wild scenario is based on the assumption that your league awards points outside of FGs to kickers, which *checks every single format* is not the case.

Regardless of position designation... let’s agree that we hope Taysom just balls the F out!

Eerily have feelings similar to Kap in 2012 taking over and leading them on a super bowl run, Tebow 2.0, Lamar 2019

Bottom line running qb are problems...it takes time for the nfl to get game tape to catch up to the offensive schemes. The great unknown is what is driving the intrigue. We just don’t know. So sit back and enjoy the ride. 
worst case he implodes then it’s drop city. No big deal.
We just need 6 good weeks from Taysom to take us to a chip...🏆 if they allow TE designation even better. If not at least a solid QB.

Edited by BIGFATPANDA

The dude has been in the system for 7 years. He has the best receiver alive (well at least until this year), it's at home in the dome, against the 2nd worst pass defense in football. As long as he's intelligent enough, he should definitely be fine this game, if they mix him in running a lot. That running has opened up 1 on 1 for Lamar, so I don't see why it wouldn't be the same here.

Too much risk starting him as QB this week not knowing what Payton has planned

His ceiling could be cray high as a the lone QB but his floor is basement level if they use Winston as they do Brees.

My expectation is a hybrid with Winston getting more than half the snaps under center, but Hill being in on many of those snaps as WR/TE/RB.

I have no stakes in this, but I think he will be the starting QB. The reason he isn't usually the backup during game weeks is because they give him snaps all over the offense in preparation for games. And they have the luxury of carrying 3 QB's and can rely on Winston if either Brees or Hill gets hurt during a game. But now with Brees out they have to rely on Hill. They can't use Hill in the same role with Winston starting with their only other backup being Siemian who they just signed.

So, I see them rolling out Hill as the starting QB and backing him up with Winston in the role Winston has had all season. I think we will see less of the unique Hill plays this week, but I could be way off.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, shakestreet said:

In ESPN & fleaflicker leagues you can slot Hill in the TE spot ... he will get the points either in TE or QB slot

But he's starting as QB. You're not suggesting that he will get the QB points at that spot are you?

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Anybody who's not on ESPN starting him? AKA anyone starting him in the QB slot? His running ability and matchup are intriguing.

Because of his running ability his upside is high and intriguing but the risk of a fumble on an option, a stalled drive, an interception and an "o.k. maybe we need a more traditional QB after all" move to Winston during the game makes me unwilling to roll the dice on the upside, given that the floor is zero or maybe lower. I'm also in a 6 points per passing TD league. I might be more willing to take the risk in a 4 per passing, 6 per running/receiving league the way he is used around the goal line. 

11 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Anybody who's not on ESPN starting him? AKA anyone starting him in the QB slot? His running ability and matchup are intriguing.

I sooo want to start him but, I don't think I can risk it without knowing how they will really use him.  If I wasn't in such a tight spot to make the playoffs then I might.

7 minutes ago, Semitar said:

But he's starting as QB. You're not suggesting that he will get the QB points at that spot are you?

If a RB or WR or TE scores points for throwing TD passes in a particular league, then yes. They’re not “QB” points, they’re “passing” points. So when a QB rushes for points, they’re not “RB” points, they’re “rushing” points. Do QB’s in your league get points for rushing or receiving yards or TD’s? What happens when Josh Allen splits out wide and scores a TD? Does that not count because he’s not a WR? People need to let it go. If the league allows you to start a guy at any particular position it should be allowed. Unless your constitution strictly forbids it. If not, you have to let it go. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Semitar said:

Yes, its a cheat code that occasionally comes into play with players with multiple position eligibilities. This wouldn't be the first time someone could rack up massive QB points in another position. Joe Webb of the Vikings had WR eligibility when he took over as a starting QB. He was a below average QB but those 16 to 17 points a game were gold in the WR position. In the TE position that kind of output or better will be even more remarkable. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Oh, word?? That seems like a logical standard to you. So, if some rookie QB doesn't play a single snap, but kicks a field goal for fun in a 40 point blowout, then he should have kicker eligibility the next season. I mean, he played 100% of his snaps at kicker the previous season. So, if he's now a starting NFL QB, you can start him as kicker all year. Cool.

Seriously though, maybe we shouldn't base positional eligibility on what position the player played in the previous season. There has to be another way to decide positional eligibility. Hmm.. maybe something like... I don't know... umm... THE POSITION THE PLAYER IS PLAYING IN THE GAME YOU START HIM!!!!!

Jesus.

So what if he goes back to Mr. Gadget by the second half? Or next game? Or when Drew returns? Or what if Payton is deliberately misleading...which he does? But yes, let’s remove his eligibility because YOUR panties are in a twist. Lol good grief. 

1 hour ago, Armed_Rodgery said:

Is this guy going to be TE player eligible in Yahoo FF leagues? He's still QB right now. Would definitely pick him up if he's playing TE 

By the time Yahoo decides to give him designation, the season will be over.  And if they do give him TE designation, it will be a mad stampede to get him.  Since this guy clearly doesn't have a set position, and his snaps at QB only seem to have the opportunity to increase, I doubt that they decide to make him a TE now.  

He is the definition of "Offensive weapon", which has no position.

I'm loving seeing the 18 projected points as a TE in my one ESPN league.  I'm sure everyone who doesn't own him in ESPN leagues thinks it's unfair, but that's the breaks and kudos to all of us who were able to get him or had the forward thinking to envision this as a possibility.

48 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

The dude has been in the system for 7 years. He has the best receiver alive (well at least until this year), it's at home in the dome, against the 2nd worst pass defense in football. As long as he's intelligent enough, he should definitely be fine this game, if they mix him in running a lot. That running has opened up 1 on 1 for Lamar, so I don't see why it wouldn't be the same here.

Hill hasn’t been in the system for 7 years. He’s only been in the NFL for 4. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1