Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Steve226 said:


Remind me again what his value has been this year. His actual production value has been the equivalent of someone like Jalen Reagor. 

If he goes for more than his season high of 51 yards, we might be on to something.

FYI Brees is injured and not playing this week.  

Edited by gbill2004
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

taysom hill owners once their fellow league managers see him slotted into the TE position  

I really like his matchup this weekend, Atlanta is last in the league against TE's, so I'm expecting a pretty big game.  

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, CooL said:

 

I'm loving seeing the 18 projected points as a TE in my one ESPN league.  I'm sure everyone who doesn't own him in ESPN leagues thinks it's unfair, but that's the breaks and kudos to all of us who were able to get him or had the forward thinking to envision this as a possibility.

Exactly. Speculating on gadget players with cheat codes is a part of the game just like adjusting to players who return kicks and punts for TDs in leagues where those are rewarded, or factoring in how to value players differently based on different league settings. A few years ago I stashed Jaylen Samuels because he had RB and TE eligibility with the idea that if things worked out I'd be playing an RB in the TE position. That didn't really pay off that year (more often than not that's how these turn out but its often worth the risk if you have a bench spot because the reward can be pretty nice when it pays off). Everyone had the chance for Taysom Hill just like any other player. It's not unfair to reward the people who play the game with probabilities and risk/reward calculations and gamble on cheat code upside. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

Exactly. Speculating on gadget players with cheat codes is a part of the game just like adjusting to players who return kicks and punts for TDs in leagues where those are rewarded, or factoring in how to value players differently based on different league settings. A few years ago I stashed Jaylen Samuels because he had RB and TE eligibility with the idea that if things worked out I'd be playing an RB in the TE position. That didn't really pay off that year (more often than not that's how these turn out but its often worth the risk if you have a bench spot because the reward can be pretty nice when it pays off). Everyone had the chance for Taysom Hill just like any other player. It's not unfair to reward the people who play the game with probabilities and risk/reward calculations and gamble on cheat code upside. 

I think it did pay off two years ago because I did the same. I was able to play him at TE while he was Starting at RB because Connor was unsurprisingly hurt. It was right during fantasy playoffs which was awesome.

4 minutes ago, mrdizle said:

I lost one year in the final round of the playoffs when Joe Webb was starting QB and my opponent played him at TE since he had dual eligibility in Yahoo. I picked up Joe Webb this year and haven't had the same success. 

I believe Joe Webb had QB/WR eligibility. He never was a TE. Surely you must be joking. Joe Webb is not in the league anymore, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:


So what if he goes back to Mr. Gadget by the second half? Or next game? Or when Drew returns? Or what if Payton is deliberately misleading...which he does? But yes, let’s remove his eligibility because YOUR panties are in a twist. Lol good grief. 

The answer to all of these questions is that he never should have had TE eligibility in the first place. He's a QB. Period. End of story. Taysom Hill, QB, New Orleans Saints. Everyone in the world understands this for real life. 

Also, every decent fantasy platform has had him listed at QB all year. ESPN is a joke for calling him a TE. He catches a pass here or there on a gadget play. Josh Allen just caught a TD pass a week ago. I guess Josh Allen is now starting for me at WR.

If you're really arguing that Hill should be allowed to start at TE this weekend, you're either being disingenuous on purpose, or you're crazy.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

No one is arguing that hill should be allowed to start at te. He just is. Also no one is arguing that he should have te eligibility. We just understand why he does. How everyone bringing up his 11 career passes but no one can bring up how he has more career snaps at te than he has as an actual pocket passer?? Just continue to play dumb and act like josh Allen is now a top wr. We get it. Y’all are having terrible seasons and need any excuse to make it seem like you aren’t bad at FF

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, nine9s said:

 

Hey....wait a minute. This goes against everything I have been told in this thread. Please remove immediately. I'm going to listen to the fantasy experts in here before I take the word of an oft concussed ex-quarterback like Troy Aikman. What does he know? Please remove this immediately! It is clear that Jameis won. Well, if you count only the legal first team reps...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

FYI Brees is injured and not playing this week.  


... which is why I quoted you about how Brees “locks on” to him and proved that it doesn’t even matter because his stats with Brees, this year, have been terrible.

If Taysom and MT connect for more than 51 yards, it’ll be a success. That’s how low the bar is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Hey....wait a minute. This goes against everything I have been told in this thread. Please remove immediately. I'm going to listen to the fantasy experts in here before I take the word of an oft concussed ex-quarterback like Troy Aikman. What does he know? Please remove this immediately! It is clear that Jameis won. Well, if you count only the legal first team reps...

 

Aikman doing his best to get me to start Hill at QB over a more sensible option.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Afc34 said:

No one is arguing that hill should be allowed to start at te. He just is. Also no one is arguing that he should have te eligibility. We just understand why he does. How everyone bringing up his 11 career passes but no one can bring up how he has more career snaps at te than he has as an actual pocket passer?? Just continue to play dumb and act like josh Allen is now a top wr. We get it. Y’all are having terrible seasons and need any excuse to make it seem like you aren’t bad at FF

Some people ARE arguing exactly that. I understand that he does have eligibility on some formats, I'm just saying it's silly.

[...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Regardless of position designation... let’s agree that we hope Taysom just balls the F out!

Eerily have feelings similar to Kap in 2012 taking over and leading them on a super bowl run, Tebow 2.0, Lamar 2019

Bottom line running qb are problems...it takes time for the nfl to get game tape to catch up to the offensive schemes. The great unknown is what is driving the intrigue. We just don’t know. So sit back and enjoy the ride. 
worst case he implodes then it’s drop city. No big deal.
We just need 6 good weeks from Taysom to take us to a chip...🏆 if they allow TE designation even better. If not at least a solid QB.

 

Finally a Kap comparison. I agree. That is what I have been envisioning as the upside. Similar early years Kapernick who took fantasy leagues by storm. I would take the flyer on him at qb as it seems the upside is immense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 33legend said:

Finally a Kap comparison. I agree. That is what I have been envisioning as the upside. Similar early years Kapernick who took fantasy leagues by storm. I would take the flyer on him at qb as it seems the upside is immense. 

I don't see it. Kaep had an absolute cannon. Maybe a wheels/athleticism comparison is reasonable, but unless he's been hiding it his arm isn't in the same stratosphere as Kaep. 

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

What's the over/under on total number of passes thrown by Hill tomorrow?

Great question. CBS has him projected to put up top 5ish points. I just don't see how anyone could be that confident. We've seen nothing but gadget stuff from him. Winston has proven to at least be a capable QB. Wouldn't be shocked if he was not only involved, but took some entire drives. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ajs723 said:

The answer to all of these questions is that he never should have had TE eligibility in the first place. He's a QB. Period. End of story. Taysom Hill, QB, New Orleans Saints. Everyone in the world understands this for real life. 

Also, every decent fantasy platform has had him listed at QB all year. ESPN is a joke for calling him a TE. He catches a pass here or there on a gadget play. Josh Allen just caught a TD pass a week ago. I guess Josh Allen is now starting for me at WR.

If you're really arguing that Hill should be allowed to start at TE this weekend, you're either being disingenuous on purpose, or you're crazy.

 

Taysom has more receptions than completions.  He has more rushes than completions.  He has been lined up more at WR than QB.  He has also been lined up more at TE than QB.  He has played more snaps on special teams than QB.

 

Devin Hester was listed as a CB on The Bears official roster yet was given WR eligibility for multiple years before The Bears finally changed it.  Marques Colston has been referenced in here.  Tavon Austin has been RB,WR in years past.

 

Your real argument and only real arguement seems to be you do not believe in multi positional eligibility.  You also must not believe in players changing positions?

 

But to say Taysom has been more of a QB than a TE (or WR) is just factually wrong.  Look at recs vs completions.  Look at snap %. The only data that has said hes been a QB is the roster.  But his usage hasnt worked that way.

 

Most people crying about Hill seem to not play any other fantasy sports.  The fantasy players familair with how fantasy baseball, basketball, & hockey work seem to know the drill here.  Remember the Ohtani debate?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

He did throw a 50 yard pass in the playoff game against Minn. The receiver had to wait for the ball on around the 4 yard line and the Vikings DB's caught up to receiver so he didn't score. 

A well thrown pass would have resulted in an easy touchdown.

 

 

Edited by rabaak
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PRoSPx said:

Most people crying about Hill seem to not play any other fantasy sports.  The fantasy players familair with how fantasy baseball, basketball, & hockey work seem to know the drill here.  Remember the Ohtani debate?

 

To be fair, it's not uncommon to see a basketball or baseball player play multiple positions in the same season and for basketball often in the same game.  Football is different in that you rarely ever see a player play multiple positions.  Yes, a WR may get a jet sweep carry here and there, a QB might catch a pass, a RB my throw a pass, but far and large you don't see WRs switching back and forth between lining up as a WR/RB.  

I understand why people keep bringing up the other sports, but it's not really a good comparison. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...