NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

You continue to fundamentally refuse to understand that this is precisely my problem with it. It's not about Hill, it's about this being an absurd, and obviously incorrect, thing to do. ESPN does this wrong. Most formats do not do this, because they understand how stupid it is. 

Moving on now. Good luck to all. 

I really can’t even imagine opening this thread let alone posting in it if it had zero impact to me or my league. Why are you putting yourself through this for nothing?

• Haha 3
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

taysom hill owners once their fellow league managers see him slotted into the TE position  

I really like his matchup this weekend, Atlanta is last in the league against TE's, so I'm expecting a pretty big game.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

I really can’t even imagine opening this thread let alone posting in it if it had zero impact to me or my league. Why are you putting yourself through this for nothing?

Done with it now. Like I said, I'm moving on. 

• Like 1

I'm honestly not sure if this has been brought up...since I didn't feel like reading threw the pages and pages of comments.

The one thing that scares me this week is this being a "Sean Peyton" misdirection. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Sean Peyton "start" Tayson Hill, for the first play of the game, and then bring Jameis Winston in.

• Thanks 1

He may not even turn out to be all that much of a game breaker. In my league Brees was averaging 18 points a game, id say most likely outcome is Hill is below that average for the rest of the year. Kelce was averaging more than Brees in PPR leagues. So its not like this dudes just going to auto win leagues just like how Kelce isnt. If Hill averages say 15 points per game, thats about a 5-7 point positional advantage hes giving you over your opponents average TE. That’s significant, but not in any way broken the way I see it, not enough to justify all the controversy at least

1 minute ago, CORTEz said:

I'm honestly not sure if this has been brought up...since I didn't feel like reading threw the pages and pages of comments.

The one thing that scares me this week is this being a "Sean Peyton" misdirection. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Sean Peyton "start" Tayson Hill, for the first play of the game, and then bring Jameis Winston in.

Hah!  Id say it's been like 50% of the discussion.  The other 50% being the fairness of it all.  I damn sure hope it's not a ruse (Hill owner)...but even after two days of thinking on it, if I'm truly separating all my hopes and biases, it's really hard to imagine Winston doesn't step in early on as the real QB here.  Call me cautiously and desperately optimistic.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

It's always possible of course, but man that would be doing Hill dirty beyond belief after it leaked that there are literally 0 packages set up for Winston this week.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

He may not even turn out to be all that much of a game breaker. In my league Brees was averaging 18 points a game, id say most likely outcome is Hill is below that average for the rest of the year. Kelce was averaging more than Brees in PPR leagues. So its not like this dudes just going to auto win leagues just like how Kelce isnt. If Hill averages say 15 points per game, thats about a 5-7 point positional advantage hes giving you over your opponents average TE. That’s significant, but not in any way broken the way I see it, not enough to justify all the controversy at least

He's only going to be a TE for one week so definitely not winning any leagues. I'd be thrilled if he helps me get a W this week.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Just using a standard fantasy site, Fantasy Pros, they have QB27 this week (Phillip Walker) at 13.8 points. QB27! Taysom Hill is projected to have 18.4 fantasy points (QB10). 

In STANDARD, Devante Adams is projected WR1 this week with 14 points. So Taysom Hill, by way of QB,  is projected to be WR1 this week by 4.4 points over Devante Adams. And he’s not even playing WR. Let that sink in for a minute. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, MadMaxMariota said:

He's only going to be a TE for one week so definitely not winning any leagues. I'd be thrilled if he helps me get a W this week.

In close leagues Taysom can definitely can be a gamechanger to decide whether a team makes it into playoffs or not.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

A 29 page thread on people arguing that their tight end should be able to throw 40 times a game. Absurd.

If I'm playing fantasy football I'd like the outcome to be determined by whoever has the best team/season, not whoever is fastest to pick up Taysom Hill so they can get 2 QBs in their lineup. ESPN really screwing up on this one.

• Like 2

No one had a problem with his TE designation for 11 weeks. He played the most snaps as a TE in 2019. More snaps as a TE than at QB WR or RB. That is much more important than a freaking depth chart. That's why ESPN designated him as a TE. Statistical evidence. They didn't "mess up" or "get cute". Unreal. 

• Like 1
Just now, genya said:

A 29 page thread on people arguing that their tight end should be able to throw 40 times a game. Absurd.

If I'm playing fantasy football I'd like the outcome to be determined by whoever has the best team/season, not whoever is fastest to pick up Taysom Hill so they can get 2 QBs in their lineup. ESPN really screwing up on this one.

No one had a problem when he was scoring receiving touchdowns, passing touchdowns, and rushing touchdowns for 11 weeks. 

13 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

No one had a problem with his TE designation for 11 weeks. He played the most snaps as a TE in 2019. More snaps as a TE than at QB WR or RB. That is much more important than a freaking depth chart. That's why ESPN designated him as a TE. Statistical evidence. They didn't "mess up" or "get cute". Unreal. 

There isn’t much to discuss on players that are barely rostered. But that’s beside the point. It really boils down to this. Does it seem right to you to have Taysom Hill projected as WR1 this week, over Devante Adams, Hill, Hopkins, DK and Julio? By more than 4 points than Adams? And he doesn’t even play WR? 

Edited by Sonny_D
3 minutes ago, genya said:

There is a thing called waivers. Many leagues have been won by the waiver wire. See Alvin Kamara, Ron Dayne, Billy Volek, Drew Bennett, Justin Forsett, CJ Anderson, Larry Johnson when Priest Holmes got hurt, Peyton Hillis, OBJ rookie year, Tim Hightower the list goes on and on. 

4 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

There isn’t much to discuss on players that are barely rostered. But that’s beside the point. It really boils down to this. Does it seem right to you to have Taysom Hill projected as WR1 this week, over Devante Adams, Hill, Hopkins, DK and Julio? By more than 4 points than Adams?

He might be the only player in the league utilized the way that he is. Should that not be allowed too? 

None of those players play QB RB WR and TE. Comparing apples and oranges.

Edited by fantasymad
1 minute ago, fantasymad said:

There is a thing called waivers. Many leagues have been won by the waiver wire. See Alvin Kamara, Ron Dayne, Billy Volek, Drew Bennett, Justin Forsett, CJ Anderson, Larry Johnson when Priest Holmes got hurt, Peyton Hillis, OBJ rookie year, Tim Hightower the list goes on and on. 

I think you missed the part of his post where he said running to pick up Hill so you can get 2 starting QB’s in your lineup.

1 minute ago, fantasymad said:

No he played QB RB WR TE for 11 weeks. 

There is absolutely no reason to change his positional eligibility this week. None. Next week is a different story if indeed he is a more full time QB.

If Hill plays 80%+ snaps at QB tomorrow, like he's expected to, then it breaks the game. In my league the highest scoring TE, Kelce, at 15.5PPG would be 28th among QBs, right in between Foles and Haskins. QB snaps are ridiculously more valuable then TE snaps.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, nine9s said:

"Let's see what we got" might as well translate to "I have an irrational obsession with my clumsy gadget player and overspent by about 20 mil to keep him so I need to prove to everybody that I'm still the smartest coach going (sure I've only won 1 SB, but whatevs), the team be damned."

Edited by SkittleMania
8 minutes ago, SkittleMania said:

"Let's see what we got" might as well translate to "I have an irrational obsession with my clumsy gadget player and overspent by about 20 mil to keep him so I need to prove to everybody that I'm still the smartest coach going (sure I've only won 1 SB, but whatevs), the team be damned."

He had 4 years of practices and gameplays to evaluate him as their future qb. Why would he think he overspent right now?

Edited by TennisDude