NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

taysom hill owners once their fellow league managers see him slotted into the TE position  

I really like his matchup this weekend, Atlanta is last in the league against TE's, so I'm expecting a pretty big game.  

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Neither was Tannehill in Miami.

Just saying....turning 31 int a big deal for a QB, just a matter of whether they think Taysom can throw the ball enough to be a full time QB.

1st round tender is significant in my opinion.

I’m not a scout and don’t see him everyday, but what I’ve seen of him...he couldn’t hold Miami Tannehill’s jock as a QB. I don’t get Payton’s love affair with Hill, but maybe one day it will all be revealed, lol. 

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Neither was Tannehill in Miami.

Just saying....turning 31 int a big deal for a QB, just a matter of whether they think Taysom can throw the ball enough to be a full time QB.

1st round tender is significant in my opinion.

Eh Tannehill wasn’t awful in Miami though. He put up back to back 4K yard seasons. He’s always seemed like a high end game manager QB but the problem is Miami’s management and team overall sucked so much that it didn’t work out.

Hill is a different story. He’s never been a full time QB and even when he’s had the chance they went with someone else. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Eh Tannehill wasn’t awful in Miami though. He put up back to back 4K yard seasons. He’s always seemed like a high end game manager QB but the problem is Miami’s management and team overall sucked so much that it didn’t work out.

Hill is a different story. He’s never been a full time QB and even when he’s had the chance they went with someone else. 

I didn't mean to really compare talents of Tannehill to Hill. Hill plays too reckless and isn't quite a good enough thrower I don't think.

I referenced Tannehill more as a 31 year old QB that didn't do much in Miami but I agree it had more to do with those coaches and management.

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Jameis's deal with the Saints official.

The wait for Taysom Hill, starting QB for the Saints, marches on (in?).

I think this is a smart move for the Saints. Jameis is 26 years old and not sure if Taysom will want to move onto another team and if another team will want to give a QB with no starting experience that is approaching 30 a shot. Taysom might be best to continue his ways as a gadget type player with the success he has had with that in the system that the Saints run.

1 minute ago, BleachyBlonde said:

I think this is a smart move for the Saints. Jameis is 26 years old and not sure if Taysom will want to move onto another team and if another team will want to give a QB with no starting experience that is approaching 30 a shot. Taysom might be best to continue his ways as a gadget type player with the success he has had with that in the system that the Saints run.

I dunno if Kamara is gonna love 90 bajillion dollars committed to the QB position while they pay him 900k though.

5 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I dunno if Kamara is gonna love 90 bajillion dollars committed to the QB position while they pay him 900k though.

Winston only gets guaranteed I think if they keep him on the roster for week 1. It is the perfect low-risk, high-upside, signing.

Never understood Peyton and his hard on for Hill . Sean is a genius but even he outplays his hand sometimes . Like ok great you confuse the hell out of a defense when you throw Taysom under center, or even both Brees and Hill at the same time. You don’t know if he’s going to pass, run, hand it off, or even catch the rock himself. But is that worth 2 years $21mil , for a few gadget/trick plays .... just makes no sense. I much rather he use Kamara when he wants to get fancy. And Taysom Hill is no QB , not even a backup QB . Contrary to what Peyton says in alot of interviews, it’s just sweet talk to keep the house happy & in order. That’s why Teddy was signed, and now Jameis Winston. They gotta be best buddies or some s*** in real life. Or there’s a sex tape Taysom is holding over Peyton’s head. That money could've been used elsewhere , on real talent. The superbowl window for Brees is almost shut closed. 

3 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Jameis's deal with the Saints official.

The wait for Taysom Hill, starting QB for the Saints, marches on (in?).

It’s a one year deal. I doubt Winston will be a Saint in 2021. 

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Guess we'll see in the Taysom Hill 2021 Outlook thread.

Lol true. I hope we’re discussing how the Saints went out and signed a FA QB to replace Brees, lol...assuming Brees decided to retire. 

• Like 1

I know it’s comparing apples to oranges but several qbs have had success as older starters. Idk if anyone has ever started as a 31year old but a few are Kurt Warner who didn’t start an nfl game till 28 years old Steve young who failed at Tampa and wasn’t handed the keys in San Fran until he was 30 rich Gannon was an all time middling QB until he had an MVP season at 37 years old and Jeff Garcia didn’t start an nfl game until he was 29.. All these guys ended up having highly successful careers or elite seasons I’m not saying the odds are good.. but I’m saying theres chance

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

I know it’s comparing apples to oranges but several qbs have had success as older starters. Idk if anyone has ever started as a 31year old but a few are Kurt Warner who didn’t start an nfl game till 28 years old Steve young who failed at Tampa and wasn’t handed the keys in San Fran until he was 30 rich Gannon was an all time middling QB until he had an MVP season at 37 years old and Jeff Garcia didn’t start an nfl game until he was 29.. All these guys ended up having highly successful careers or elite seasons I’m not saying the odds are good.. but I’m saying theres chance

Doug Pederson had his first ever start at age 31. He had been a backup in Miami and Green Bay (playing half a decent game against Minnesota after Favre threw 3 INT) but then when he finally got his big chance in Philly in 1999...  he sucked badly.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/ghosts-brutal-1999-season-dont-haunt-pederson

Funny old world, right?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The 7th Beatles said:

I was actually thinking about this this morning and how a lot of the anger surrounding Taysom Hill has to do with how all of his fantasy impact goes to waste since he is only eligible at QB. I believe the primary reason people dislike Taysom is because most of the TD's he accounts for don't have any relevance to other offensive players on the Saints and steals touches from Kamara/Thomas/Brees. He has been very efficient in scoring with his touches though.

This is a step in the right direction, but I still don't see him being a weekly flex option.

• Like 1