Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

taysom hill owners once their fellow league managers see him slotted into the TE position  

I really like his matchup this weekend, Atlanta is last in the league against TE's, so I'm expecting a pretty big game.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

I'm not convinced this is Brees' team even after he's healthy if Taysom keeps playing like this. I thought Taysom's teammates really seemed to rally around him.

 

As a QB needy Taysom owner... I love this narrative. 

 

However, only shot at this actually happening is if the Saints are undefeated under Taysom and he looks great doing it, which is not out of the question. 

@DEN, @ATL, @PHI over the next 3 weeks. Those are 3 very winnable games. 

Then has KC in New Orleans in week 15 when according to reports is when Brees expects to be back for. Only shot at Brees not being on the field in that huge and important prime time game is his injury, not Taysom’s performances while he is out IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, next big thing cp84 said:

 

As a QB needy Taysom owner... I love this narrative. 

 

However, only shot at this actually happening is if the Saints are undefeated under Taysom and he looks great doing it, which is not out of the question. 

@DEN, @ATL, @PHI over the next 3 weeks. Those are 3 very winnable games. 

Then has KC in New Orleans in week 15 when according to reports is when Brees expects to be back for. Only shot at Brees not being on the field in that huge and important prime time game is his injury, not Taysom’s performances while he is out IMO

Fair and good analysis. I think the Saints win each of the those next 3 games. The defense is playing well and none of those offenses are a legitimate threat to score much on the Saints, except maybe the Falcons but they just got shut down. Taysom should improve over this week's performance as he becomes more comfortable in the starting role. It will definitely be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, next big thing cp84 said:

 

As a QB needy Taysom owner... I love this narrative. 

 

However, only shot at this actually happening is if the Saints are undefeated under Taysom and he looks great doing it, which is not out of the question. 

@DEN, @ATL, @PHI over the next 3 weeks. Those are 3 very winnable games. 

Then has KC in New Orleans in week 15 when according to reports is when Brees expects to be back for. Only shot at Brees not being on the field in that huge and important prime time game is his injury, not Taysom’s performances while he is out IMO


I’m dubious we see Brees before week 17.  14 rib fractures or something like that.  If the Saints win the next 3– he’s not needed.    Give him a half game tuneup week 17, and cruise into the first round bye 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GeneralTsou said:

On that note, pretty sure his TE eligibility comes to an end with Jameis playing 0 snaps.  That's why I traded him

Does anyone know how many snaps Taysom took not at qb? I think I counted at least three. I'm not sure what the calculus is to determine TE eligibility is but I would imagine it's more than 3 snaps.

I'm very curious to see how ESPN handles this. On the one hand, there are managers that made roster moves based solely on Taysom's TE eligibility that would now leave them compromised if his TE eligibility is revoked. On the other, it is a clear advantage to have Taysom at the TE position in fantasy lineups, and obviously a fairly unreasonable one if that's not the position he's actually playing. This is not to invite discussion about his positional eligibility; I'm just pointing out the difficult decision ESPN faces.

Edited by timexsocialclub
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, timexsocialclub said:

Does anyone know how many snaps Taysom took not at qb? I think counted at least 3. I'm not sure what the calculus is to determine TE eligibility is but I would imagine it's more than 3 snaps.

I'm very curious to see how ESPN handles this. On the one hand, there are managers that made roster moves based solely on Taysom's TE eligibility that would now leave them compromised if his TE eligibility is revoked. On the other, it is a clear advantage to have Taysom at the TE position in fantasy lineups, and obviously a fairly unreasonable one if that's not the position he's actually playing. I'm not sure if this is venturing too far into forbidden positional eligibility discussion but I do think the uncertainty is worth contemplating, given that it will largely dictate what we should do with him.

Managers knowingly made moves and took on the risk knowing he may not continue to be TE-eligible. They didn't pick up Taysom thinking he would be a reliable TE, but rather put up starting QB points at the TE position. Those managers knew the risk and should absorb it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, devaster said:

Managers knowingly made moves and took on the risk knowing he may not continue to be TE-eligible. They didn't pick up Taysom thinking he would be a reliable TE, but rather put up starting QB points at the TE position. Those managers knew the risk and should absorb it.

Maybe last week, but he was getting an increase in touches over the past three weeks that justified rostering him and starting him at TE, given the lack of viable options at TE, in the hopes that he'd be used all over the field like he has been. Not every team is he on recently acquired him in the hopes he'd become a starting QB at the TE position. Some have seen him as the best TE option out of Kelce, Kittle, and Waller for weeks, with high upside.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/30374522/faq-taysom-hill-lose-te-eligibility-espn-fantasy-football-qb-only
 

Was fun while it lasted boys. Looks like you still may be able to leave him in, but no roster changes can be made.

I guess that most likely means not being able to activate anyone from IR.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN should do something about that TE glitch. It's an illegal lineup if he loses his TE eligibility. I own the guy I refuse to screw my league members by keeping a QB only player in the TE position. 

He had the TE eligibility last week fair and square (played most snaps at TE in 2019). But they did the right thing switching him to QB only. But they need to fix the glitch.

Edited by fantasymad
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

ESPN should do something about that TE glitch. It's an illegal lineup if he loses his TE eligibility. I own the guy I refuse to screw my league members by keeping a QB only player in the TE position. 

He had the TE eligibility last week fair and square (played most snaps at TE in 2019). But they did the right thing switching him to QB only. But they need to fix the glitch.

Totally agree.  I started him at tight end this week because it was within the rules but continuing to start him there after he loses tight end eligibility is just shady and wrong and shouldn't be allowed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

Totally agree.  I started him at tight end this week because it was within the rules but continuing to start him there after he loses tight end eligibility is just shady and wrong and shouldn't be allowed.

100% If you don't touch your lineup for the rest of season you can play him there. That's just wrong. That's bad fantasy karma too just saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

100% If you don't touch your lineup for the rest of season you can play him there. That's just wrong. That's bad fantasy karma too just saying.


Are you sure you won’t receive a total team zero for fielding an “invalid roster”? Or a zero at the TE spot?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...