NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

17 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Broncos have no QB, so easy match for Saints... not a risk a lot of run ? 
don’t like matchup here...

Agreed. Broncos not having a quarterback puts a damper on Hill's outlook this week imo. 

Though I could also see Payton letting Taysom Hill run through the motions a bit to get reps. Might be an opportunity for him to try things out in real live game action that he otherwise wouldn't be able to.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

taysom hill owners once their fellow league managers see him slotted into the TE position  

I really like his matchup this weekend, Atlanta is last in the league against TE's, so I'm expecting a pretty big game.  

Posted Images

This game is gonna be 45-0. The 7ints Kendall Hilton throws is going to give Hill insane field position all day to score. Annnd if the Broncos decide to not throw the ball at all, that will result in almost the same. You a damn fool if you don’t play Hill. 

Edited by MrPositive
28 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

This game is gonna be 45-0. The 7ints Kendall Hilton throws is going to give Hill insane field position all day to score. Annnd if the Broncos decide to not throw the ball at all, that will result in almost the same. You a damn fool if you don’t play Hill. 

Over Josh Allen?

11 minutes ago, donslaughtonslaught said:

This clown show has me starting Fitzpatrick over Hill. This game could be 110 passing, 60 rushing, not sure how much ceiling there is (obviously he could always go off for 4 TDs in the first half, but the Saints don’t strike me as a quick-strike team outside against Denver).

same here. If Denver runs every time, the clock is going to run out a lot quicker, thus creating less opportunities for the Saints.

1 hour ago, Steve226 said:

same here. If Denver runs every time, the clock is going to run out a lot quicker, thus creating less opportunities for the Saints.

True, but this could lead to ALOT of three and outs and more possessions for Hill. That being said I would pivote away from Hill and pass catchers, I cant seeing him throw more  than 20 times.

I am not one to go into sports psychology and intangibles much at all...but how pumped up is a good NFL team going to be to blow out a team with D3 level college QB play (at best)?  I could see Winston handoffs to Murray and maybe even Dewayne Washington all second half. He may not even play there anymore, but they bring him in for some carries. Deuce McAllister, Reggie Bush, Ricky Williams all get carries.

Edited by donslaughtonslaught
Grammar
2 hours ago, Steve226 said:

How are they going to run clock if every drive is a 3 and out????

Few 1st downs = more Saints possessions

Edited by fantasymad
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ap0calypse said:

This game is going to be a grinder.  Low yardage, very low passing yardage, and TD variance between 3 rushers.  The implied total for the Saints hasn’t changed much, and it doesn’t support a massive ceiling game for T. Hill.

I agree. Gordon and Lindsay only 2 skill positions worth playing for Denver. I could see 2 TDs from Hill just on great field position alone. I agree no high ceiling game prob limited passing yds but I like his chances for multiple TDs due to field position and positive game script.

I personally see the Saints destroying them. 

Edited by fantasymad
On 11/25/2020 at 7:58 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Steve Young was a high-end starting QB in college and then in a different pro league, the USFL, so I think a straight up age comparison between Hill and Young is pretty misleading.

How old was Tim Tebow when he played has last game as a starting NFL quarterback?  See we can play this game all night.

Steve Young had one good year in college. Incidentally, it's the same exact place Taysom Hill played college ball...Brigham Young.  Young was drafted into the USFL, a fledgling secondary league and bought out his contract to come to the NFL in a USFL/CFL supplemental draft where he was taken 11th.  Steve Young was no legend coming out of college.  None of this says that Taysom Hill will be good or great, but the parallels are certainly worth mentioning.  Lefty QB's from BYU spending years in strong offensive systems behind HOF QB's playing for good offensive minded coaches known for developing QB's.  Tim Tebow had that one season where he was even viable as a fantasy QB.  That's all anyone cares about here.  Can Hill be a viable fantasy QB?  So far, so good.  

22 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Saints All-Pro LT Armstead tested positive and will be OUT this week, also pro-bowl LG Peat is out with a concussion.

Saints have some pretty good depth to patchwork it for a week, but it is something to keep in mind.

Could lead to Hill being on the run more, or taking sacks depending on how well he is able to read the situation.

Bailed out by rushing TDs. Did anyone watch the game?  I know they were up all game so was it a product of not needing to do much or did he look crappy throwing? His line leads me to believe he looked crappy.

Can't rely on 2 rushing TDs each week.

1 minute ago, bangarrang said:

Bailed out by rushing TDs. Did anyone watch the game?  I know they were up all game so was it a product of not needing to do much or did he look crappy throwing? His line leads me to believe he looked crappy.

Can't rely on 2 rushing TDs each week.

they literally didn't need to throw.  Denver was so bad.