NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

On 12/5/2020 at 7:15 PM, Tenner said:

If Hill goes down then I’m going down with him. Expect a poor 1st half with him going lights out in the second. I see 250 yards 2TDs and 70 yards rushing. 

We just gon' act like Tenner wasn't almost spot on here with the end result?

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

taysom hill owners once their fellow league managers see him slotted into the TE position  

I really like his matchup this weekend, Atlanta is last in the league against TE's, so I'm expecting a pretty big game.  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, herschel said:

if brees is ready, they will start him. would be nice to have a warm up game against philly before starting against kc.

Brees is a warrior. He will want to play next week. Especially considering this is probably his last year. I think the Saints would be smart to give him another week. 

3 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

I'd personally be really surprised they rush him back from that laundry list of injuries, and that's not because I own Hill. I would assume Hill gets one more game. 

I think they have had that Chiefs game marked on the calendar.

On 12/5/2020 at 6:15 PM, Tenner said:

If Hill goes down then I’m going down with him. Expect a poor 1st half with him going lights out in the second. I see 250 yards 2TDs and 70 yards rushing. 

10 minutes ago, nb009 said:

We just gon' act like Tenner wasn't almost spot on here with the end result?

232 passing, 2 TDs and 83 yards rushing :blink:...Nice call Tennerstradamus!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, papacapps said:

232 passing, 2 TDs and 83 yards rushing :blink:...Nice call Tennerstradamus!

Sucks he keeps fumbling on the 5 fing yard line though.....leaving a LOT of fantasy points out there 😕

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, harck said:

I am here to eat crow. Hill looked really good today. Still curious to see him drop a big game on a team that isn't Atlanta, but he definitely impressed today.

Humble of you! Like I said before, I've watched all 3 games in complete full and I actually love his throwing motion. It's extremely up top and short and accurate. He's actually getting some incredibly bad drops out there too. I never would have thought that my biggest complaint is that he doesn't secure the ball on rushing plays.....at all. He's SUPER lucky that second fumble didn't get grabbed before going out of bounds or they would have lost today.

Just now, mrdizle said:

Craig Carton believes Drew has played hisast game this season. Craig has also been to jail for a federal crime.  

Possibly of his career to be honest.  He's a tough mf'er but I can't imagine he recovers fully from this.  Taysom is playing great out there and i'm sad I missed out.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

Craig Carton is insane and I’m saying that as a Hill truther. lol 

I definitely don't think Brees will be out there next week, no way no how. But Brees will start vs the Chiefs for better or worse. He deserves that, no matter how good Hill has been.

Don't get it twisted, this IS Drew Brees's team. IF he is ready to go, there will not be any question about it. Taysom was more than solid (again) today. He might be the future? That is still TBD. He is doing a great Teddy B impersonation and keeping an elite roster churning along--using his particular strengths. Drew was out there in pre-game today, he prob is not far off.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Don't get it twisted, this IS Drew Brees's team. IF he is ready to go, there will not be any question about it. Taysom was more than solid (again) today. He might be the future? That is still TBD. He is doing a great Teddy B impersonation and keeping an elite roster churning along--using his particular strengths. Drew was out there in pre-game today, he prob is not far off.

Sometimes it’s better for football then fantasy

12 hours ago, fantasymad said:

I doubt Brees goes out like that and calls it a career. Much more likely he comes back too early and gets hurt again. 

He should take a page out of Carson Wentz's playbook and just ride the backup QB to the championship

10 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

at philly this week. i expect a similar line as the denver game, which i'll take but i'm keeping my expectations in check.

Yeah the bigger issue than the PHI D (for Taysom) is that PHI dumpster fire of an offense.

Ya, but Philly will be passing unlike Denver which threw what 7 passes? lmfao. That stops the clock. Philly can't run the ball at all. Sanders is worthless (just check out the Sanders thread). The only thing I'm concerned of is the weather, which I will be checking.

20 hours ago, MrPositive said:

I definitely don't think Brees will be out there next week, no way no how. But Brees will start vs the Chiefs for better or worse. He deserves that, no matter how good Hill has been.

Hill has been good in fantasy, close to gawd-awful in reality.  Brees will be back in the saddle at the first available opportunity.

• Like 1
On 12/7/2020 at 5:26 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Hill has been good in fantasy, close to gawd-awful in reality.  Brees will be back in the saddle at the first available opportunity.

You haters are ridiculous. Every single week like clockwork. I'm starting to think you are doing it to motivate him. Dude is 73% completion rate in those 3 games, 98% QB rating, he even spread the ball all around this week, is 3-0, is having chunk yard rushes and is completely outplaying Kyler Murray in the past 3 games. Geeeesh. 

Saying all that, it's probably Brees's last run? at a title on a VERY good team. He's going to play even if he's been a bit worse than Hill. I think Michael Thomas would rather have Hill out there this year honestly.

18 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

You haters are ridiculous. Every single week like clockwork. I'm starting to think you are doing it to motivate him. Dude is 73% completion rate in those 3 games, 98% QB rating, he even spread the ball all around this week, is 3-0, is having chunk yard rushes and is completely outplaying Kyler Murray in the past 3 games. Geeeesh. 

Saying all that, it's probably Brees's last run? at a title on a VERY good team. He's going to play even if he's been a bit worse than Hill. I think Michael Thomas would rather have Hill out there this year honestly.

I am not saying do not enjoy your yoked-up Case Keenum playing QB for the best all-around team in the NFC.  I am saying do enjoy it.

But don't cite a bunch of misleading stats and talk about how Brees is done and Hill is now the man.  When Brees is healthy, Hill returns to his rightful place as a change-of-pace gadget player.

• Like 1