NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook

lolcopter

Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

On 12/7/2020 at 5:26 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Hill has been good in fantasy, close to gawd-awful in reality.  Brees will be back in the saddle at the first available opportunity.

Gawd awful? Cmon man. That’s harsh. 

How many tiers to you have between god awful and absolute rock bottom? 

For me. On a 1-9 scale. 9 = Mahommes and 1 = Kendall Hinton....Id out Taysom as a solid 5-6. 

1 minute ago, Tenner said:

For me. On a 1-9 scale. 9 = Mahommes and 1 = Kendall Hinton....Id out Taysom as a solid 5-6. 

Taysom played 2 great games against the worst secondaries in the league

then you saw what he did through the air at Denver. Horrid

I dont want to roll him out against philly this week

51 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Taysom played 2 great games against the worst secondaries in the league

then you saw what he did through the air at Denver. Horrid

I dont want to roll him out against philly this week

I’m fully aware of his performances and the circumstances around each one. 

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I am not saying do not enjoy your yoked-up Case Keenum playing QB for the best all-around team in the NFC.  I am saying do enjoy it.

But don't cite a bunch of misleading stats and talk about how Brees is done and Hill is now the man.  When Brees is healthy, Hill returns to his rightful place as a change-of-pace gadget player.

Case Keenum wishes he could run for 80 yards in a game (I don't think he could do it driving a Hummer). It's hilarious that Hill throws for 130 more yards, a higher passer rating, and almost the same number of rushing yards as Lamar Jackson who barely hit 100 yards passing today and Lamar is 'amazing' in the media and Hill is 'gawd awful'. lmfao

And that guy didn't say Brees was done this season. And neither is Hill. He's obviously the starter next season if Brees walks away.

Edited by TennisDude
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Tenner said:

Taysom Hill is a few notches above Kendall Hilton?  Bit of a low bar, there.  

The Saints would have very little to no chance to beat a quality opponent with Taysom Hill at QB.  Brees will be back in week 15 and again in 2021.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, TennisDude said:

Case Keenum wishes he could run for 80 yards in a game (I don't think he could do it driving a Hummer). It's hilarious that Hill throws for 130 more yards, a higher passer rating, and almost the same number of rushing yards as Lamar Jackson who barely hit 100 yards passing today and Lamar is 'amazing' in the media and Hill is 'gawd awful'. lmfao

And that guy didn't say Brees was done this season. And neither is Hill. He's obviously the starter next season if Brees walks away.

I said 'yoked-up' Case Keenum.  I am not questioning Taysom Hill's rushing ability.  In fact, he would probably be a pretty good fullback.  I am questioning Hill's ability to be a long-term starting QB.

9 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I said 'yoked-up' Case Keenum.  I am not questioning Taysom Hill's rushing ability.  In fact, he would probably be a pretty good fullback.  I am questioning Hill's ability to be a long-term starting QB.

What's a 'quality' opponent then? The Falcons were actually on a roll with their new Head Coach until they met Taysom Hill (and even in between Taysom Hill, they absolutely destroyed the Raiders).shrug Regardless, It's always going to be Brees job until he doesn't want to play. Then it will be Hill's chance again. Anyways, fantasy-wise this game against the Eagles is a tougher play because of colder weather concerns. Very on the fence this week with other decent (I guess) options.

• Like 1

How do people feel about Drew Brees coming back next week? Any chance in hell that Taysom does well this week and they keep Brees on IR to give him "more time to heal" rather than bringing him back Week 15? I know there is no way Brees would be activated and not be named the starter (even if this were the case, I would certainly not risk playing Taysom vs. Chiefs with Brees named 2nd string QB). But is there likelihood Brees isn't back next week?

1 hour ago, nb009 said:

How do people feel about Drew Brees coming back next week? Any chance in hell that Taysom does well this week and they keep Brees on IR to give him "more time to heal" rather than bringing him back Week 15? I know there is no way Brees would be activated and not be named the starter (even if this were the case, I would certainly not risk playing Taysom vs. Chiefs with Brees named 2nd string QB). But is there likelihood Brees isn't back next week?

There’s not a chance he comes back next week. He’s a 40+ year old man with 11 broken ribs and a punctured lung. He’s out for the year and will take 6 months to heal. His career is probably over, to be honest.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nb009 said:

I could definitely see the Saints erring on the side of caution and giving him a full 6 weeks so he can come back 100% for playoffs IF Taysom keeps winning.

• Like 1

Taysom owner here. Glad to see him prove a lot of the doubters wrong FANTASY-WISE. It doesn't hurt that they have won games DESPITE his lack of starting experience. However, if Brees can play, he WILL play. I think week 15 is likely when he will return. It's not like they can't put a protective jacket over him and numb him up. If this is his last season (which I feel like it might be), you pay respect by allowing him to finish the year. If Taysom was playing LIGHTS OUT, maybe we have this conversation. But I feel like he has done "enough" to win games and build on his success. It will take a lot more experience and knowledge to win a playoff game or two and Taysom just doesn't have that yet. The experience is great and he has met the challenge but let's not go crazy here. Brees will be the starter once he is able to throw and take a hit. All indications point to that day coming soon. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

2 hours ago, nb009 said:

‘How do people feel about Drew Brees coming back next week? Any chance in hell that Taysom does well this week and they keep Brees on IR to give him "more time to heal" rather than bringing him back Week 15? I know there is no way Brees would be activated and not be named the starter (even if this were the case, I would certainly not risk playing Taysom vs. Chiefs with Brees named 2nd string QB). But is there likelihood Brees isn't back next week?”

Could be wrong but I think it’s very likely. To me, his ball skills are below average, besides all that other stuff. They simplified the game plan vs Atlanta & then when’ they learned the Broncos had no QB, scrapped their game plan altogether. Fair to say his performance has yielded mixed results. But I don’t care what I think, I place much more weight in that quote posted above. That Hill is convincing the organization that he is their QB going forward. Parts of the counter aren’t very convincing, that Brees is returning next year & that because he’s a HOFer, it doesn’t matter whether he was playing at a high level or not. It does matter & he was not performing at the same level! 

Should Hill play well & they beat Philly AND somehow Green Bay loses, IT IS SO ON!!! :) If you’re not excited about your other option at QB this week, play Taysom Hill. 

The news coming out of NO this morning is sounding more and more like Brees won't be ready next week. I honestly don't know what to expect from Hill vs. KC. Could be the makings of a high scoring game. Not sure if Hill has the skill/ability to survive in a potential shoot out

On 12/10/2020 at 2:34 PM, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Taysom owner here. Glad to see him prove a lot of the doubters wrong FANTASY-WISE. It doesn't hurt that they have won games DESPITE his lack of starting experience. However, if Brees can play, he WILL play. I think week 15 is likely when he will return. It's not like they can't put a protective jacket over him and numb him up. If this is his last season (which I feel like it might be), you pay respect by allowing him to finish the year. If Taysom was playing LIGHTS OUT, maybe we have this conversation. But I feel like he has done "enough" to win games and build on his success. It will take a lot more experience and knowledge to win a playoff game or two and Taysom just doesn't have that yet. The experience is great and he has met the challenge but let's not go crazy here. Brees will be the starter once he is able to throw and take a hit. All indications point to that day coming soon. 

Well said !

2 hours ago, squidthunder said:

The news coming out of NO this morning is sounding more and more like Brees won't be ready next week. I honestly don't know what to expect from Hill vs. KC. Could be the makings of a high scoring game. Not sure if Hill has the skill/ability to survive in a potential shoot out

Good coaching will emphasize ball and clock control, keeping Mahomes on the bench, which Hill is perfectly capable of doing

12 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

I'm starting him, because Philly has been destroyed by running QB's (1st or 2nd most rushing yards by QB's against) and Slay has been absolutely abysmal lately. There's no guarantees in FF but that rushing ability sure seems like a decent safe floor at least.

I saw the Eagles prepared for Taysom's running abilities with Carson Wentz this week. Carson Wentz, the biggest statue QB in the league this year. lmfao