NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook

lolcopter

Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

17 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And yet Brees has taken some first-team reps in practice this week.  This could be a smokescreen to complicate KCs game prep.  

Don't be surprised if Brees walks out on to the field and gets in the huddle for the Saints' first offensive snap.

Rapoport is the perfect dupe to employ for such a deception.

KoolAid spent more time at Weight Watchers this week than he did preparing for Brees ...

tenor.gif?itemid=13223210

When and if the team officially announces that Brees is out, team managers planning to start Taysom Hill can breath a sigh of relief.

Until then, they would be well advised to have a backup plan ready, just in case.

56 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Lol.

[...]

Cruel. All signs pointed to Hill starting.

Goes to show you these reporters know nothing. Payton playing games.

Rapoport knows nothing but is good at parroting what he is told with no critical analysis.  Both Schefter and Jay Glazer are extremely smart and plugged in.  The Payton quote that Brees had "a ways to go" was misleading, likely intentionally so.  Not Schefter's fault.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Rapoport knows nothing but is good at parroting what he is told with no critical analysis.  Both Schefter and Jay Glazer are extremely smart and plugged in.  The Payton quote that Brees had "a ways to go" was misleading, likely intentionally so.  Not Schefter's fault.

Shark - I'll never doubt you again!

“Rapoport knows nothing but is good at parroting what he is told with no critical analysis. Both Schefter and Jay Glazer are extremely smart and plugged in. The Payton quote that Brees had "a ways to go" was misleading, likely intentionally so. Not Schefter's fault.”

Pretty sure there’s no real distinction, notice that Shefter doesn’t show any allegiance to his audience, not even a little. He simply propagates the new premise. Nothing about having just spoken to coach Payton about the conflict between what he told me yesterday & today’s development.

3 hours ago, markrc99 said:

Pretty sure there’s no real distinction, notice that Shefter doesn’t show any allegiance to his audience, not even a little. He simply propagates the new premise. Nothing about having just spoken to coach Payton about the conflict between what he told me yesterday & today’s development.

Any reporter can report on the words a coach actually says.  For Rapoport, his understanding ends there.  If Rapoport tries to do analysis, watch out.

When Schefter reports that something is going to happen (player X will start, player Y will be cut, player Z is injured and out for the season), it happens.

“Any reporter can report on the words a coach actually says.  For Rapoport, his understanding ends there.  If Rapoport tries to do analysis, watch out. When Schefter reports that something is going to happen (player X will start, player Y will be cut, player Z is injured and out for the season), it happens.”

I see, so when Adam Shefter “reports” that player A “has a long ways to go” in his rehab & then says “that tells you” that player B, his backup, will be starting in his place, it will happen? Ha-ha. Okay, so you’re either not comprehending or you work here, something....

Edited by markrc99

2 hours ago, markrc99 said:

I see, so when Adam Shefter “reports” that player A “has a long ways to go” in his rehab & then says “that tells you” that player B, his backup, will be starting in his place, it will happen? Ha-ha. Okay, so you’re either not comprehending or you work here, something....

If Schefter had reported that Hill would start in week 15, I would have believed it.  Schefter reported no such thing.  Schefter shared Payton's quote, which was vague enough to be quite meaningless, yet misleading.

Trust me, I have been paying very close attention to each reporter for several years.  Rapoport is a moron and cannot be relied on.  Rapoport repeats what he has been told to say without fully understanding it.

Schefter, on the other hand, gets it.  Kliis of Denver is like that, too.  And Jay Glazer.  Try it for yourself for a few weeks and you'll see.

53 minutes ago, herschel said:

so assuming no need to roster in redraft leagues any more?

25 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I'd hold if at all possible though this game to see if Brees really can return to his QB 16 or so self after having his rib cage crushed a few weeks ago.

Agreed, I'd hold onto Hill just in case Brees gets hurt again and Hill is the starter for week 16.

7 hours ago, herschel said:

so assuming no need to roster in redraft leagues any more?

Gotta hold with the horrible Vikings pass D and then equally bad Panthers pass D for 16 and 17. If the Saints lose this game, there really is no reason to have Brees out there for the next 2. They might as well get him to 100% for the playoffs. And they already have their built in excuse with Thomas not playing this week.