Emmanuel Sanders 2020 Outlook

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone get this guy a drink. 

MT targets were so high that it is pretty unlikely to work that way again, also Ginn is not on the team. Sanders is the best #2 they have had in NOLA in some time. He showed an unbelievable amoun

Sanders is starting to get to the point where age scares me a bit, but coming off a 17 game season and playing through injury also highlights that he's still got it left.   I think he's gonn

My instinct was to drop here too, but it is worth hanging on for a week if you can, I think.  If there's a Winston shootout narrative for any game this year, its vs Atlanta indoors.  Sanders might find some gold just being in the crossfire here.

• 4 weeks later...

No brainer start now?

His production with Thomas out of the lineup is undeniable that's for sure. The matchup isn't great though. KC holds down WR production so this could be a running game/dump to Kamara game. 

That said, he's the #1 WR now in a game with a high O/U.

Good thing about KC offense too is they work fast. Want a lot of NO possessions. 

[...]

A solid waiver snag but I don't trust him.  I had cut him a few weeks back, never could seem to get him started on a boom week, only the busts.   I'll probably go with a higher floor option.   My guess is Kamara feasts and every other pass catcher and Murray all get appetizers

8 hours ago, Paper said:

How do you guys feel about him against the Vikings on Friday? My gut says he’ll have a good game now that Brees has had a chance to shake off the rust. 

Leaning towards agreeing with you and starting him myself.

His production minus M. Thomas is undeniable. Brees looked like garbage but seemed to get it together late against a solid pass D. MN secondary is NOT the KC secondary so I'd expect better results.

He seems like a solid play given injuries to other saints weapons and a vikings defense that is also beat up and gives up 4th most points to WRs... But on the other hand Sanders hasn't had a very good year and even earlier this season he's only scored 15 points once... Firing him up but with tempered expectations. 

Edited by StevieStats
11 hours ago, matanp said:

I would be wary with him.  Last week against KC, he saved his day with essentially one target before garbage time.  Also, Brees did not look good out there.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has a 4/50 kind of night.

KC is also the 2nd ranked pass defense in Drew Brees' first game back. The rust will be worn off, its gonna be the Kamra/Sanders show. Both will probably get close to 8-10 targets each. 

I’m playing him but it’s risky. Him and Drew just don’t look like they are on the same page this year. Maybe it’s because he is running the most deep routes. Hope Lil Jordan or a random guy doesnt have the better game 

Edited by affliction

I think this worked out just fine - and I play standard. Congrats to those who started him - I'll certainly take it.

One parting thought - he gets taken out quite a bit for different personnel packages. He may be the "WR1" for them but with the cutest coach in the NFL Payton "WR1" means a little bit less. He was targeted a measly 5 times in the game which does not a "WR1" make. He was open on a regular basis (as expected) - and made the most out of his limited opps (4/83 w/1 run for 12). Of course the missed target was his own fault - he bobbled it, which led to a Brees pick. It was about a "7" on difficulty 1-10 - but he still should have caught it as I'm sure he'd agree.