Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Gesicki 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't come back here until you learn how to spell his name. 

Top 5 TE ROS

What is everyone's thoughts on Gesicki? I am super high on him for the year.  I only saw a few highlights of the Week 1 game and in those highlights were a few really great defensive plays agains

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Get your trades in for Gesiki now.

 

1 game with Tua and it will be too late to buy low. 

 

Gesiki has had a couple of 1 catch games so if an owner is distraught id take advantage now. 

I appreciate this and sharing my league mates your post. I've been trying to get rid of him for a while now lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wyzzil said:

I appreciate this and sharing my league mates your post. I've been trying to get rid of him for a while now lol

Seriously, I wish someone in my league would try to "buy low" off me. I missed on Fant when someone dropped him so now I'm waiting on the next TE with a pulse to show up so I can drop kick this guy to the curb

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Unfortunately, Gesicki is only as good as the qb. Fitzmagic sucks. A Tua entry would skyrocket his value. I just see Tua being more conservative. Wait and see. 

 

Fitzmagic doesn't suck.  I wouldn't even go as far to say he's below average.  He is a more than suitable NFL QB.  Sure hes not the future like Tua is.  But Tua needs to be 100% with that hip and his confidence before starting games.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Miami games, he's getting open. He's still lining up in the slot and should be the #2 option in the passing game. He just needs the targets. The talent is there. As mentioned earlier, Tua starting could spark the offense but I believe a focused Fitz can feed Mike right as well. I'm a believer still. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rotocious said:

 

Fitzmagic doesn't suck.  I wouldn't even go as far to say he's below average.  He is a more than suitable NFL QB.  Sure hes not the future like Tua is.  But Tua needs to be 100% with that hip and his confidence before starting games.


Fitzmagic is a good QB?  He is on his fourth or fifth team in the last ten years. He is that good. He is constantly forcing the ball and not taking easy open passes. He has an arm. He can throw somewhat accurately but he is not good. Tua is a much better ab and I don’t think we even need to see him start yet to say that. Gesicki’s value goes up when this bearded clown is off the field. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, codyodea said:

Watching Miami games, he's getting open. He's still lining up in the slot and should be the #2 option in the passing game. He just needs the targets. The talent is there. As mentioned earlier, Tua starting could spark the offense but I believe a focused Fitz can feed Mike right as well. I'm a believer still. 

 

The snap count and target share is most concerning. In what should have been a huge game against Seattle since they were playing down and Adams was out, he had a measly 3 targets.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:


Fitzmagic is a good QB?  He is on his fourth or fifth team in the last ten years. He is that good. He is constantly forcing the ball and not taking easy open passes. He has an arm. He can throw somewhat accurately but he is not good. Tua is a much better ab and I don’t think we even need to see him start yet to say that. Gesicki’s value goes up when this bearded clown is off the field. 

 

Yes Fitzmagic is an above average QB in the NFL.  Stop kidding yourself.  There's a reason there's always another job for him.

 

Again he isnt the future but hes not nearly as bad as youre making him out to be.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rotocious said:

 

Yes Fitzmagic is an above average QB in the NFL.  Stop kidding yourself.  There's a reason there's always another job for him.

 

Again he isnt the future but hes not nearly as bad as youre making him out to be.

 

plenty of below average qbs have found starting jobs multiple times.  some even win super bowls like flacco

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Do we think he's a reliable starter for us?

 

I’d say no .. Fitz just doesn’t feed him enough.

A big chunk of his yards came on 1 play & it was a busted coverage.

He’s an amazing weapon, thats not getting utilized in the correct way.

Alot of it is play calling, but Fitz tends to mainly target Parker & Preston.

If Tua plays that would be good thing for Mike G.  

As of right now I don’t think Gesicki is an every week starter. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

hes in the same tier as Hurst..........if your starting him your confidence level is non existent 

 

Kelce - Kittle - Waller - Andrews - Ertz - Jonnu - Tonyan

 

Then you got the Fant - Hockenson (i like these first two over the rest in this tier) - Higbee - Henry - Engram - Cook type TE's none stand out and its Russian roulette playing the right one if you got multiple 

 

Finally Hurst - Gesicki - Ebron - Hooper - Graham, I am personally an owner of Hurst (just dropped) and Gesicki (Ebron is the alternative) in two leagues so maybe its hasty of me to put them here but.......yup

Once Tua takes over tho, might be a very good change for Gesicki

*Goedert is TBD until we see him back where he will rank in*

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...